Charles Fischer

RatherBe's Very Cool Football Recruiting Map...

These are the best players in each state, and it is great to see so many "O"s, with a shot still at JTT and the state of Washington...

That "O" up on the east coast....the best in New York?!

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

I would like to point out how many Nebraska N's are on this map... And there isn't an N on Nebraska itself. 

There is also a Utah U on this map... But it isn't on Utah. 

Interesting map. 

I like maps.  I can sit and look at maps for hours, just to see where everything is.  And I really like maps like this one that show Oregon owning more states than any other school, including Alabama!  I remember the press conference where Coach Cristobol was talking about signing the best player in 7!! states, and I didn't understand the full  significance of that statement until I saw this map.  I think this is pretty darn cool!

Go Ducks!!

22 minutes ago, olcodgerduck said:

Coach Cristobal was talking about signing the best player in 7!! states,

It really drives home the concept of Oregon recruiting nationally, and doing so quite well.  Mario has offset the issue of being geographically remote from the major population and recruit centers like no other coach...

Mr. FishDuck

This map tells an interesting story, but questions remain. 

Great recruiting chops, now get them coaching chops exercised and the ProDucktion going and I will be happy.  Go Ducks go.

I’m actually the person who made that map. If you look at the bottom of the graphic it says RatherBeYachting. I was going to tweet it out after posting it to Reddit, but that account did it first. I don’t mind, my graphics/drawings/etc always wind up being used by others, but I specifically made a note if people wish to use it to please credit accordingly. Whatcha gonna do. The point still stands, quite a showing for Oregon, especially when you consider the second or third ranked players they pulled in from talent rich states.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 2

Wow.  I had no idea, and am quite sorry to have not given you attribution credit.  You see, I've been hosed a number of times on some pretty big discoveries and contributions to Oregon football and not credited, even when everyone at the time knew where the information came from.

That is really well done, and I salute your tech skills.  Thank you for creating it, and now that we know it was you...when JTT commits--you can finish it.  My congrats again--and thanks from the community.

giphy.gif

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 2/13/2021 at 2:29 PM, David Marsh said:

I would like to point out how many Nebraska N's are on this map... And there isn't an N on Nebraska itself. 

There is some delicious irony percolating in this post.  😄  Eh Mr. Frost?  Thanks,David.

And great piece of work, RatherBe.

• Thanks 1

Well done Ratherbe!

• Thanks 1

Thanks RatherBe, we appreciate the time and skills you put into this map!

• Thanks 1