Charles Fischer

GameDay Thread versus Colorado: Join Us!

On 11/5/2022 at 2:03 PM, Desert Duck said:

Not a bad first Bo Nix half. 

15/17 - 225 yds - 2 TDs - 0 Ints

Hey! Don't forget Bucky Irving: he's 1 for 1 for 18 yards and a TD.

• Applause 2

On 11/5/2022 at 5:04 PM, David Marsh said:

+7 right now in the middle eight. 

We will have to see what the other 4 look like. 

Do we get the ball to start the second half? Missed the start of the game.

I keep waiting for a consistent pass rush. Guess I’m not going to get one. 

This offense is fun to watch.

On 11/5/2022 at 2:08 PM, OhioDuck said:

Do we get the ball to start the second half? Missed the start of the game.

It's Colorado ball to open the second half.

Make adjustments and shut them down

Go Ducks.

Unofficial 1st Half Statistics;

Capture.JPG.78d25d0cf398dd32a38b71f4eac4b15e.JPG

That 81 yard pass for a TD sure skewed the total yards for Colorado!

On 11/5/2022 at 1:37 PM, ICamel said:

Yes, that was a good throw, but Steve Stephens IV let the receiver get behind him.

No. We were in a Cover-1 and Stephens was the lone deep safety in the middle.

The Corner who I thought was Manning had man-to-man coverage playing outside leverage. He let the WR go right by him and acted like he was in a Cover-2 with safety over the top playing his side deep. The corner played it like a high low bracket - but with one safety in the middle of the field he wasn't able to get over to cover the WR the Corner let run loose. 

The announcers said it was Gonzo who busted ( I thought it was Manning live )

FYI- in a Cover-2 the safeties are on the hash marks and can get over to the WR deep - but Stephens in Cover -1 was in the middle... that's why the Corner has man-to-man in Cover-1.

I don't know why up 21 with a third and 10 we were in Cover-1 deep in their end of the field. Maybe we are getting some Cover-1 reps in preparation of Penix next week? 

It was a bad bust by us and I also saw us in a questionable set that left the same WR with no defender but the deep safety on 3rd down and was a easy conversion. 

Ducks look like they dodged another bullet with all the penalties piling up against the Buffs.  Our defense couldn't stop them on their own.

Go Bucky!

• Thumbs Up 1

Bucky is a freak

No style points on that drive.  DL and KD should have took the pts.

Edited by DuckIt

Feels like the ducks were sleeping walking this second half.... 

Gonzo might have just ignited some life in Oregon. 

Gonzo just wiped that last drive.

There was Gonzo in a Cover-1 man-to-man on an island and he made the pick.

We are trusting Gonzo man-to-man with no deep help the safety was a long way from helping him out on that play.

Edited by DazeNconfused

That was a touchdown. Gonzo's heel didn't touch the ground and this he stayed in bounds. 

Edited by David Marsh
  • Applause 2

On 11/5/2022 at 2:32 PM, DazeNconfused said:

No. We were in a Cover-1 and Stephens was the lone deep safety in the middle.

I will go with what you saw!

• Thumbs Up 1

The only things missing from the Pac-12 referee gear are white canes and seeing eye dogs!  Gonzo was in bounds and Bo was on the bodies under him.  Every week they exude incompetence!

• Thumbs Up 1

The D just can't get off the field on the 3rd an long.  I would like to see Lupoi bring some pressure.

Edited by DuckIt

I will be honest, on the road we seem to underperform.  Last weekend this week it seems like we should be having an easier time against teams like this if we are really number 8. 

I'm really not worried about Washington or Utah at home, I am a little nervous about Corvallis and then assuming we make it a neutral site game for the pack 12 championship.  The 2 picks are sweet,  especially for Gonzalez, but we still give up too may passing yards.

Maybe the clock management and middle 8 and cover 2 work so far, but USuC makes me nervous the way we don't get a lot of sacks, and give up pass plays.  

Go Ducks 💚💛

The refs are calling that targeting? The Colorado player was in the air and basically fell on Hill... No launching, no leading with the head... 

That may have been targeting by the letter but besides running away from the play there was nothing Hill could have done. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

Are we going to see a backup QB? Or is it style points and Bo's Heisman campaign that rule the day?

Edited by jrw

Georgia 27-6 in the 4th.

• Go Ducks! 1

Have they got a runback yet I haven't noticed one great kicking again.

Where is Alex Forsyth?  What did I miss?

On 11/5/2022 at 3:23 PM, jrw said:

Are we going to see a backup QB? Or is it style points and Bo's Heisman campaign that rule the day?

I don't know that the wind might affect whether or not they put in someone else. Very difficult situation for young guy. You want to set them up for success.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/5/2022 at 3:10 PM, David Marsh said:

The refs are calling that targeting? The Colorado player was in the air and basically fell on Hill... No launching, no leading with the head... 

That may have been targeting by the letter but besides running away from the play there was nothing Hill could have done. 

I watched several different league games today and not a one called targeting like the PAC does. If it is not unsafe in those leagues why and how come our league. It's hurting our teams rather than making our players safe 

I predicted 49-17. Do you mind if I root for Colordo?

Leave Nix in. Let him get stats. He is the best player in college football. Let him go after Heisman. He finishes out with no let down, he should get the trophy.

• Oh no! 1

On 11/5/2022 at 3:43 PM, Red Eddy Green said:

I predicted 49-17. Do you mind if I root for Colordo?

Yep

• Haha 1

I don't want to jump on the guy, but I simply see, and have seen, no reason to think that Ty Thompson is going to make it as a starter. Very nervous about next year, or a Nix injury this season.

• Thumbs Up 1

With Thompson in Oregon's total yardage is barely positive. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/5/2022 at 3:38 PM, Duck 1972 said:

I watched several different league games today and not a one called targeting like the PAC does. If it is not unsafe in those leagues why and how come our league. It's hurting our teams rather than making our players safe 

FISHDUCK.COM

The NCAA recently announced changes to the targeting rule. These changes are not yet in effect, but...

I'm not going to declare it inheirantly safe... But at the same time it really does feel like there isn't much room to actually think about incidental contact. 

Hill wasn't trying to hit with his head.... And you could argue that his head didn't make any real contact. 

Again... What was he supposed to do? Run away from the play? 

• Thumbs Up 2

Unofficial Game Stats

Capture.JPG.e60c1b325d992b703c09104e29949b80.JPG

I like the idea of a flagrant targeting vs incidental.  He shouldn’t be kicked out for that play.  However I still feel I’ll when I think of Kenjon Barner getting knock out for the season due to what would be called targeting today

• Thumbs Up 1

OK, I am going to close this thread, and let's start new threads to discuss the game.  

Mr. FishDuck