Pennsylvania Duck

Ducks vs Washington: Game-Prep Article Thread

Come visit this thread often as all news in preparation for the Washington game will be here!

Message from Coach Lanning...

It's gonna be a sellout. Should be the largest ever.

Go Ducks Fly High!

Keep Destroying dem Fuskies. Send them back to Seattle with their tails between their butts!

Click on chart to enlarge

• Thumbs Up 1

Football History vs University of Washington from Dec 1, 1900 - Nov 6, 2021

GODUCKS.COM

The official University of Oregon Ducks Football History vs University of Washington

The Ducks should see a rankings bump with a stomping of the tail waggers.  Udubblebubble checks in at #24 this week.

Partly cloudy high 40's small chance of rain.  Perfect conditions to whoop some Hooskies.

Although I find myself with a tamped down hatred this year due to the Jimmy Lake firing.  I need to build up my Kaelen De Boring antipathy.

Hopefully, Coach KDB will give me some bulletin board material this week.  Jimmy had a good trash talk game that he couldn't back up with gridiron prowess.

Dan Lanning excited for his first experience in the Washington - Oregon rivalry

Saturday marks the eighth time in the history of Oregon vs. Washington football that both teams

enter the game ranked inside the Associated Press Top 25 poll.

Saturday's contest between No. 6 Oregon and No. 24 Washington will be just the fourth time

they've played as ranked teams at Autzen Stadium. 

247SPORTS.COM

The Oregon Ducks have won eight straight contests, are back in the College Football Playoff Discussion, and are playing some of their...

WWW.FOXSPORTS.COM

Joel Klatt discussed the Clemson Tigers and Alabama Crimson Tide’s upsets from week 10. Nobody has dominated more in college football history than these two teams. These losses will...

Ahh, my favorite week of the season. Fusky week.  Hate week. Only thing that matters is beating that school up north. CFP, rankings, realignment, Heisman talk, Wilner's obvious anti Duck bias. All that can wait until next week.

I've been a Duck for almost 40 years now. There is nothing sweeter than beating the puppies and their arrogant fans who are still living in the past. 

My birthday is on Saturday. I'm turning 50. The best present I can get is Coach Lanning and his team laying an absolute beat down on that team. Let's go Ducks!!!

• Go Ducks! 2
  • Salute 1
  • Cool 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Applause 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/6/2022 at 11:20 AM, Duck 1972 said:

It's gonna be a sellout. Should be the largest ever.

Nope, late evening start.  If this were set for 12:30 then perhaps.  We just set the clocks back, it'll be getting dark just after end of the 1st qtr.  But it'll be a big crowd, all right.

On 11/7/2022 at 7:21 AM, 12Duck72 said:

My birthday is on Saturday. I'm turning 50. The best present I can get is Coach Lanning and his team laying an absolute beat down on that team. Let's go Ducks!!!

Happy birthday early.  I hope you get your wish.  Oregon is an early -12 pt favorite.  That might be a tough cover... or not!

• Thanks 1

On 11/6/2022 at 2:20 PM, Duck 1972 said:

It's gonna be a sellout. Should be the largest ever

A 4pm game against the Washington Huskies, watching exciting Oregon football again.  For sure a Sellout Autzen crowd will be rocking!

Go Ducks, Fly High!!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/7/2022 at 11:09 AM, Mic said:
On 11/7/2022 at 10:21 AM, 12Duck72 said:

Happy birthday early.

Yes, for sure, your birthday wish comes true!  Happy Early Birthday!!

• Thanks 1

Beating the UW is not a matter of life or death, it is more important than that!!!!!!   GO DUCKS!!!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

Neel: The latest chapter of Oregon vs. Washington holds more weight than you might think

The result of this meeting will go on to shape the next 11 months of interactions for the two regions, with one walking tall,

holding reason to boast. The other will often quietly sulk and pretend that it didn’t mean as much as we all know it did.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

The 114th chapter of Oregon vs. Washington is coming on Saturday. This one will be written by Dan Lanning and Company.

Know the foe: The 10 best recruits on Washington's roster

Per the 247Sports Team Talent Composite, the Huskies have the third-most talented roster in the Pac-12, and are the 21st most talented

team in the entire country. Washington carries 27 former blue chip recruits (four and five-stars) with two being of the five-star variety.

So take a look at which Washington players you should know based upon their recruiting rankings. 

247SPORTS.COM

The Ducks are set to square off against one of the more talented teams in the Pac-12 conference this weekend. The Washington...

Updated betting odds for No. 6 Oregon vs. No. 24 Washington

The line has shifted from Oregon being a 12-point favorite on Sunday to the Ducks being a 13.5-point favorite on Monday morning.

The over/under has continued to rise as well, as both teams are some of the best offenses in the country. 

Dan Lanning Press Conference 11/7/22 - via Zoom due to doubleheader at MKA

Dan Lanning offers latest on several injured Duck players

The Ducks may see the return of several injured players this weekend when they host No. 24 Washington,

Dan Lanning suggested at his weekly Monday press conference.

247SPORTS.COM

Dan Lanning offers latest on several injured Duck players

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

“This is one of those weeks that you don’t have to give any extra fuel for our players to be excited and ready to roll.” Dan Lanning, welcome to Washington Week.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

“I want to be here in Eugene for as long as Eugene will have me. This is a destination, not just for me but for elite players.”

LARRYBROWNSPORTS.COM

Oregon Ducks coach Dan Lanning had a great response to a question about a rumor tying him to the Auburn Tigers job.

247SPORTS.COM

Dan Lanning shoots down Auburn rumor: 'Grass isn't always greener'

WWW.ESPN.COM

How far will Tennessee and Clemson fall? Can TCU crack the top four? Here are the storylines to consider heading into Tuesday's reveal.

WWW.USATODAY.COM

A shocking weekend that shook up the top 10 also was the catalyst for major changes in the College Football Playoff for this week's bowl projections.

AUTZENZOO.COM

If style points are something the College Football Playoff committee considers, then the Oregon football team should have grabbed their attention this week...

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

No. 2 total offense? No. 3 scoring offense? Most first downs in the nation? Hard to argue with any of that.

247SPORTS.COM

Bo Nix, Oregon: Nix put together yet another fantastic performance in Oregon’s dominant win over Colorado on Saturday. He threw for 274 yards on 24 attempts, boasted

WWW.REGISTERGUARD.COM

Last season Oregon went into Husky Stadium and held Washington to 166 yards on offense as the No. 7 Ducks won 26-16.

Husky LB Edefuan Ulofoshio on Facing the Ducks: 'It's Just Personal'

he Huskies and the Ducks have made it a hate-fest, a rivalry bordering on one of the top five emotional college football

intersectional battles, similar to a Texas-Oklahoma, Ohio State-Michigan or Georgia-Florida knockdown drag-out.

"I would 100 percent agree, man," Ulofoshio said. "They don't hold nothing back. When they come here, they can definitely feel

the hate. When we're over there, we can definitely feel that hate, too. It doesn't take a genius to understand we don't like each other."

WWW.SI.COM

The UW defensive stalwart is set to play a lot at Oregon.

'No love lost;' Dan Lanning describes what makes Oregon vs. Washington rivalry special

It’s a rivalry that gave us “The Pick,” and “The Streak,” and a 71-point game that one fanbase is

still trying to dine on. To say there’s some history in there is quite an understatement.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Dan Lanning knows of the bad blood between Oregon and Washington. He’s learned quickly how important beating the...

Snipped out of NJDuck's article above  ('Just the facts, Ma'am):

• Total offense: 1, Oregon, 520.6 yards per game. 4, Washington, 495.6
  •  
  • Scoring offense: 1, Oregon, 43.4 points per game. 5, Washington, 38.6
  •  
  • Total touchdowns: 1, Oregon, 52. 5, Washington, 44.
  •  
  • Rushing offense: 2, Oregon, 231.2 yards per game. 8, Washington, 125.3
  •  
  • Passing offense: 4, Oregon, 289.3 yards per game. 1, Washington, 370.2
  • Total defense: 6, Oregon, 384 yards allowed per game. 2, Washington, 342.4.
  •  
  • Scoring defense: 6, Oregon, 26.3 points allowed per game. 8, Washington, 26.9.
  •  
  • Rushing defense: 1, Oregon, 107.4 yards allowed per game. 2, Washington 117.6
  • Passing defense: 11, Oregon, 276.6. 3, Washington, 237.8.
Edited by Mic

So you see where the Duck's weak points are (above).  And you see where the Husky weak points are.  I like our chances.

Bass on not being recruited by Washington: 'They have too much academic prowess for a JUCO guy'

Bass references former Washington head coach Jimmy Lake, who dismissed Oregon as a recruiting rival,

claiming they only consider schools with similar "academic prowess" as their competition.

While the quotes this season haven't earned bulletin board level, Bass notes there's plenty of motivation for this year's team.

"We have plenty of motivation on what's riding on the season," said Bass. "Just each week going into what we want to accomplish."

247SPORTS.COM

Recruiting in college football is a never-ending war that stretches across programs, families, and, frequently, state borders.  A...

Player Interviews - 11/8/22

Bo Nix: "It's been so much fun"

Ryan Walk: "Rivalry games, throw the records out."

Moliki Matavao: "I love our unit, I love our coach."

Troy Franklin: "We know that it's a big week"

Tuesday Practice PIcs...Click on pic to enlarge

The gentlemen in the bottom right picture are Todd "TK" Kaanapu (coach at Churchill HS),

and Dino Philyaw, ex-Duck player living in Eugene, who gave post practice speech.

WWW.FOXSPORTS.COM

Here's everything you need to know about Washington-Oregon, from the point spread, moneyline, total Over/Under and expert pick from Geoff Schwartz.

Ryan Grubb is expecting the kitchen sink from Oregon's defense on Saturday

Washington Offensive Coordinator Ryan Grubb, he's not just expecting to see certain things from the Oregon Ducks

and their defense this coming Saturday at Autzen Stadium; he's expecting to see everything.

"It's a great environment. I told the guys yesterday, I just said man this is why you come to play college football,

and especially at a place like Washington. To play a rivalry game against a good football team that has a lot on the line.

247SPORTS.COM

Washington's offensive coordinator is game-planning for just about everything a defense can throw at an offense this Saturday in...

Know the Foe: Five Washington players to know

Here are five Washington Huskies players that will be worth knowing

when the teams square off on Saturday afternoon.

247SPORTS.COM

This will be a weekly feature published each week and one of three weekly "Know the Foe" stories" per game week.

Duck Territory's Tuesday practice report for Washington week

Lanning says conversations with former players and coaches helped to

form his understanding of the vitriol between the two Northwest programs.

It seems he's taken the word of Mike Bellotti and Dan Fouts, two individual he mentioned by name on Monday evening, to heart, as Bow Down

to Washington was pumped through HDC practice turf PA system on repeat in place of music during the portion of practice open to media.

247SPORTS.COM

DuckTerritory's Tuesday practice report for Washington week

On this week’s episode of the Ducks Confidential podcast,

we recap Oregon’s win over Colorado and preview the rivalry matchup with Washington.

Here are some highlights from this week’s show:

1. -Oregon handles its business against another bad opponent
  2. -Contextualizing where Oregon, Bo Nix are now and the opportunity ahead of them
  3. -Q&A with Washington beat reporter Mike Vorel of the Seattle Times

WWW.OREGONLIVE.COM

The Oregonian/OregonLive's James Crepea previews the rivalry game against UW.

Sorry, PennDuck, I just don't view Washington (7-2) as "another bad opponent".  They beat OSU.  OSU probably has at least as good a Defense as Oregon does, maybe better.  OSU can't score points like Oregon can but, they were unable to hold Washington below 24.  Who knows, they may score 30+ against O.  They're strongest where Oregon is weakest - in the passing game.

Washington is not (imo) a bad opponent.  Besides, beating the Huskies is always a big win.  Even if they're 0-9 entering the game.  Go Oregon!

(Disclaimer: the above post is not meant to be snarky or disrespectful in any way.)

On 11/8/2022 at 8:49 PM, Mic said:

Sorry, PennDuck, I just don't view Washington (7-2) as "another bad opponent".

I am presuming you are referring to the first point covered in the Ducks Confidential Podcast posted above. If you listened to the podcast, 'Oregon handles its business against another bad opponent', actually refers to the Colorado game. They recapped the Colorado game first, then went on to talk about the next two points which involved the Washington game. No one referred to Washington being a bad team in the podcast. 

• Thanks 1

PODCAST: Oregon's improved Playoff Ranking, Lanning comments on Auburn, and UW week's arrival

247SPORTS.COM

The Oregon Ducks moved up in the College Football Playoff Rankings, and we react to their new ranking and the improved...

Photos from Oregon's Washington week Tuesday practice

247SPORTS.COM

Oregon concluded its second day of Washington prep week on Tuesday morning. The team practiced in full pads. Media was...

On 11/8/2022 at 6:14 PM, Pennsylvania Duck said:

I am presuming you are referring to the first point covered in the Ducks Confidential Podcast posted above. If you listened to the podcast, 'Oregon handles its business against another bad opponent', actually refers to the Colorado game. They recapped the Colorado game first, then went on to talk about the next two points which involved the Washington game. No one referred to Washington being a bad team in the podcast. 

It appears I was wrong about that.  I will gladly take that comment back. That's what happens when browsing headlines and not the entire article.  Thanks.  GO DUCKS

• Thumbs Up 1

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Oregon’s offense is among the best in the nation, statistically. The defense has room to improve.