Tandaian

Dan Patrick Reporting the Pac-12 Expanding with San Diego State

Seems contrary to GK's timeline, but DP is pretty legit so I'd give this some credence.

After all the B12 moves we've seen lately, I think it's important for the P12 to show some forward movement.  This be patient, we're all sticking together stance loses validity the longer it drags on.

Best case for the Pac-12, UCLA stays and we keep the LA market plus add San Diego.  That could give us a decent shot at good TV deal.

• Thumbs Up 1

SD State makes sense if you consider the market size in San Diego.  Players will like the away games better than say, Montana or Eastern Washington.

Edited by noDucknewby

Currently, the PAC is made up exclusively of R1 (top level) research universities. SDSU is in the R2, second-level, category. Is that an obstacle to bringing in the Aztecs? I thought that was one of the criteria for conference membership.

Adding SDSU isn't a big risk at all for the Pac-12. Nov 17th is when the UC regents meet to discuss UCLA's future but regardless of that outcome USC is gone and there will be at least one spot to fill. Might as well add SDSU and lock them in now. 

If the Pac-12 can hold onto UCLA, then I would say the conference is in a pretty safe position. USC will get to go to the B1G and probably find themselves losing a lot of games due to travel fatigue, in all sports. 

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

While we're at it, maybe we can land Chico State as well.

Edited by Desert Duck
  • Haha 1

I have a source that told me (exclusively) that he has a source that told him his other source said that most "journalists" are full of fill-in-the-blank.  Just kidding.  He actually said that DL is or is not considering the Auburn job.  Further, he pointed out that the Regents are or are not considering letting USeeLA go to the B22G Conference.  Lastly, he said there is or is not confirmation that SDSU will join the PAC. 

And there is some truth for you.  I'm really tired of "journalists" quoting "unnamed sources" for their "information".  Click bait.  If they want to speculate, then speculate.  If they want to pontificate, then pontificate.  But if they want to give you information, prove it.

Edited by Mudslide
  • Applause 3

On 11/7/2022 at 1:25 PM, Mudslide said:

I have a source that told me (exclusively) that he has a source that told him his other source said that most "journalists" are full of fill-in-the-blank.  Just kidding.  He actually said that DL is or is not considering the Auburn job.  Further, he pointed out that the Regents are or are not considering letting USeeLA go to the B22G Conference.  Lastly, he said there is or is not confirmation that SDSU will join the PAC. 

And there is some truth for you.  I'm really tired of "journalists" quoting "unnamed sources" for their "information".  Click bait.  If they want to speculate, then speculate.  If they want to pontificate, then pontificate.  But if they want to give you information, prove it.

@Mudslide PotW(Post of the Week) material. But is early in the week!

On 11/7/2022 at 5:36 PM, ICamel said:

@Mudslide PotW(Post of the Week) material. But is early in the week!

Thanks, PotW.  But I'm not done yet.  I think...  I'm just not sure if Charles will approve of my deeply inspired report on the fine Washington qb, Penix. 

I have a ton of Penix stories that poke holes in his hard stance on soft coverage.  With the ball in his hands he could penetrate deep into Beaver territory last week.  Unfortunately, he will not get over the hump against the Ducks this week with any deep shots down field.  The Ducks will lay the offense of Washington's Penix completely impotent.      And.........fill-in-your-own-joke.

1420165450_duckhappy.gif.e4261eb462a75170052fea75b07aeabd.gif

• Haha 1

Some had erected the narrative that before he brought Williams along with him to U$C, Riley considered Penix as a good fit for the Trojans.

Several other sources, citing impotently flaccid reporting lacking journalistic rigidity, poked holes in that.

• Haha 2