Pennsylvania Duck

CFB Playoff Rankings: Top 25 for Week 11

Click to see entire chart.

Rece is a tool, and obviously hates Oregon. 

Oregon Ducks up to No. 6 in College Football Playoff rankings

“It (the 46-point loss) certainly is part of what we talk about as we go through this,” CFP selection committee chair

and NC State athletic director Boo Corrigan said on ESPN’s rankings show.

“But the other part of it is they’ve won eight consecutive games averaging 40 points a game, beating UCLA, who is well respected by the committee.

Again, we’re looking at the overall body of work where it’s not about one game, it’s about what have they done throughout the entire season.”

WWW.OREGONLIVE.COM

The Ducks (8-1, 6-0 Pac-12) are No. 6, the same as their ranking in the AP and coaches polls, up from No. 8 last week after beating...

Oregon climbs in latest College Football Playoff rankings after eighth straight win

Oregon is right on the edge, the next team to make a move should another unbeaten fall.

In spite of Oregon’s Week 1 loss to Georgia, it’s clear the CFP selection committee has been impressed with what the Ducks have done since.

SATURDAYOUTWEST.COM

Oregon moved up in the latest College Football Playoff rankings, situated right on the edge of the CFP field with three...

Jon Wilner's Pac-12 bowl projections: Major changes at the top, Oregon becomes our pick for CFP

We identified Oregon as the best team in the Pac-12 a month ago, and nothing has forced a reassessment.

If anything, the Ducks have solidified their status as the clear frontrunner.

They are as good offensively, and far better defensively, than both USC and UCLA.

WWW.KSL.COM

If the Ducks jump into the playoff, a replacement in the Rose Bowl is needed.

Just as long as O or Bo Nix don't wind up on the cover of SI magazine  At least, not until February.

How the College Football Playoff committee, ESPN analysts explained Oregon's No. 6 ranking

One of the biggest arguments against them, though, remains that 46-point loss to the No. 1 Georgia Bulldogs in the first game of the season.

After the rankings were released, several ESPN analysts tried to explain what that loss could mean for the Ducks’ ranking, and College

Football Playoff committee Chair Boo Corrigan came on the show to explain how they view Oregon, and what that loss on their resume means.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

“Throw the metrics out, they’re playing right now like one of those teams that you don’t want to get on the field with.”

Should one look at the entire CFP Rankings, 41.67% of the Pac12 is ranked in the top 25, with 20% of those top 25 teams being comprised of Pac12 teams. With Washington replacing Oregon State in the top 25 after they played this last weekend, it's not hard to rationalize that OSU isn't very far from being in the mix.

Oregon - 6

USC - 8

UCLA - 12

Utah - 13

Washington - 25

Two reasons for wanting Oregon to win out and make the Playoffs.  1) It's Oregon, our OBD's.  Our team.  2) To hear the football analysts lose their friggin' minds as they try to rationalize over and over about that first game loss to Georgia.

Multiply point 2 exponentially should Georgia stumble and not make the Playoffs but Oregon does.  That controversy will never die out, not in 100 years.  lol

I am glad Stewart Mandel put this out there because I have thought the same.

• Haha 1

Canzano: Oregon Ducks have a path to playoff

The selection committee may never forget the 46-point loss to Georgia (9-0), but I think it wants to forgive it.

Oregon has ample opportunity to give the committee that chance.

WWW.JOHNCANZANO.COM

So does USC...

The committee - while voting a lot on brand reputation vs actual performance (see Alabama, Clemson, USC, and ND) - is clearly signaling TN is in trouble.  The Ducks SOS is only going up and TN’s down.  If each wins out, the Ducks are ahead of TN (at either 3 or 4)

On 11/8/2022 at 4:25 PM, Krsmqn said:

Rece is a tool, and obviously hates Oregon. 

I just read about his snark.  Love he doesn’t say that OSU and Michigan benefit by playing B1G teams when the conference is clearly awful this year.  

As Canzano notes, despite the rankings being in front of him, he is only going to see his priors (unless he thinks the rankings are wrong at which point I would just love to hear his thoughts on Bama, Clemson and ND)

Regrettably, this guy goes a long way to shaping the national perception 

AUTZENZOO.COM

Last week I talked about how the games of Week 10 gave Oregon football the best opportunity to make a move closer to the top of the College Football Playof...

I think most of us know the path to a Playoff berth: win out.  Anything less = no cigar.  

There will be teams above them to lose - there have to be with the schedules and conference championships the way they are.  If the Ducks can hold serve and win their championship I see no way they won't be involved in the Playoffs. It's not rocket-science; Canzano seldom goes out on a limb.

WWW.OREGONLIVE.COM

Doug Lesmerises and Shehan Jeyarajah talk about the college football teams that are in situations to make the playoff if they win out -- and there are a lot of them.