Charles Fischer

Huskies 'Dis Oregon...With Whimpers

Wowsa.  This is the least amount of trash-talk toward Oregon I can ever remember over the last 40 years from the Huskies.  There is a ton of respect from them between the snarls of hate, as these pups know that a whacking is waiting for them in Eugene.

About Dan Lanning:

"The best road win of Lanning's career is a close, come from behind win over WSU. Was flat out embarrassed at Georgia. They played in the conference title game last year and this year play all the top half of the conference teams at home and skip USC.

Two-thirds of a season and accomplishing almost nothing away from home, thus is bit early to declare this first time head coach a success. As long as UW hires the right coach (and I think we have), I’m not concerned with who Oregon hires."

"So, as long as DeBoer recruits to his system and does he has in the past, we will get to a point where we can dominate Oregon and all of Knight's $billions.  Oregon will lose those mercenary coaches from the SEC, so no system will have time to develop."

"Oregon can't change its location so coaches will treat it like a stepping stone until Eugene doesn't suck anymore, and that's not happening anytime. Ever."

"Current players... perhaps... former players... hate Oregon as much if not more than we fans do."

Husky Fans_KC_FP.jpg

• Haha 3

Mr. FishDuck

15-2

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Mic drop 1
  • Applause 3
  • Thumbs Up 3

For what it's worth I did watch the entire post-game interview with the Washington staff (post OSU) and Kalen DeBoar was pretty respectful as well towards Oregon when asked.  He seemed a bit unwilling to dive in too deep about the rivalry but was quick to let the listeners know he was aware of it.  I think he's a pretty straight-shooter and Washington probably has found a decent coach that will make Oregon stay awake at nights.

Fans are the ones who push the rivalries the most, of course, because the players come and go with the majority of them from states other than Oregon and Washington.  Same with our respective coaches in recent years.  Rivalries are good for ginning up the fan base and excitement, for selling tickets and NIL items.  The media capitalize of them as well for similar reasons.

I think, by and large, both Lanning & DeBoar are probably above all that except for maybe motivating the kids to play hard and take practice a bit more seriously.  It's fun to have the rivalries but they can be overstated and over exaggerated at times - even over acted when certain idiots get carried away with their chanting (BYU) and throwing objects and insults around.  I hope the crowd at Autzen Saturday is excited, motivated but somewhat respectful.  I'll probably be there with them and we'll see how they behave - at least in our little area of the stands.  Go Oregon!

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Let's hope DeBoer is Peterson 2.0: no major bowl wins, 0 - 2 when Oregon favored and 2-2 when ewe dub favored.  Since we know it will be a while until they are favored again, us grey beards look forward to evening the series in 2033.

• Mic drop 1
  • Applause 2

On 11/9/2022 at 5:09 PM, Steven A said:

Since we know it will be a while until they are favored again, us grey beards look forward to evening the series in 2033.

giphy.gif

Mr. FishDuck

Might need to get Justin Flowe to calm down a bit for this game. Those crazy eyes are a little scary.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Haha 2
  • Mic drop 1

On 11/9/2022 at 5:40 PM, jrw said:

Might need to get Justin Flowe to calm down a bit for this game. Those crazy eyes are a little scary.

Crazy Eyes Justin Flowe_Pac12 Video.jpg

• Go Ducks! 2

Mr. FishDuck

Thanks, Charles. Now, I'm going to see that in my sleep. 🥶

• Haha 3

Deboer is a winner, no question about that. His record speaks for itself.

The problem is the dawg program is a loser when it come to playing the Ducks. Deboer will learn his first lesson on that fact this weekend.

Oh wait, he already learned about losing at Autzen when we had MariØ and he was the coach at Fresno, never mind. No wonder they hired him, he already knows how it works.

• Haha 1
  • Mic drop 2
  • Applause 3

I want to thank all the fusky fans and media for working so hard to make me care about a 15-2 "rivalry".

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

This boasting about a team that has already lost to ASU this year? 

Edited by John Charles
  • Haha 1

On 11/9/2022 at 6:02 PM, The Kamikaze Kid said:

I want to thank all the fusky fans and media for working so hard to make me care about a 15-2 "rivalry".

15-2 is nice.  But the historical over-all isn't so nice.  Just chipping away at that one game at a time.  

• Thumbs Up 1

The Purple Poodles have feasted at home this year where they are 6-0.

On the road they are 1-2 with their lone win at the Mighty California Golden Bears by a score of 28-21.

They lost at UCLA 32-40.

Lost at ASU 38-45.

Their last game was in Seattle where they beat Oregon State on a field goal with 8 seconds left. Beavs eschewed going for a field goal twice in the red zone(7 and 15 yard lines) in the first half and turned the ball over on downs. Arguably should have beat Washington.

IF the Ducks play typical Lanning Ball, they will be 9-1 after Saturday with a 40 something to 20 something score.

• Go Ducks! 1

On 11/9/2022 at 6:50 PM, ICamel said:

Their last game was in Seattle where they beat Oregon State on a field goal with 8 seconds left. Beavs eschewed going for a field goal twice in the red zone(7 and 15 yard lines) in the first half and turned the ball over on downs. Arguably should have beat Washington.

I remember telling the wife OSU should have kicked those two FG's earlier in the contest.  And it came back to bite them hard.  Pity the Wash hadn't chosen poodles as their mascot and team name.  I like real huskies.  I don't so much poodles.  Purple Poodles is a good name for them.

• Thumbs Up 2

Like the old Gary Larson cartoon said (and I paraphrase), "I'm going to Eugene to get tutored!"

chrome_screenshot_1668067503463.png.214a52515ed86ecdd51cd0a7f3acdbe4.png

• Wow 1
  • Haha 1

5CEE7FAA-5FA7-4588-87E3-90CDC24A31D3.thumb.jpeg.7d12e91a0a3fe4b9ac60704c84f6a699.jpeg

Beware…a few of these stray pups will be driving cars down I-5 towards Eugene this Saturday…be safe everyone. 

The “Kenny Wheaton is going to score” is played before every game for good reason and never ceases to be entertaining. It was an improbable moment, and changed the trajectory of Duck football. 

The crowd will once again roar when it is played this Saturday. I know I will. Puppy fans in attendance always get so annoyed when we play that, yet again. Like I said, always entertaining. 

The crowd at Autzen is loud. However, when the puppies visit, it goes to another level. Autzen is definitely the place to be this Saturday. 

Edited by Drake

God, I really hate that school and it's fans. Younger Ducks might not get it because Oregon has been so dominant lately but everyone from my generation and those that came before know all too well. 

• Thumbs Up 3

The dawgs were dominant way back when, but they never won 12 straight, something we should always remember, and never let them forget!

I would actually love to see Oregon substitute in TE Terrell Tilmon, #12, and throw him our 12th touchdown this Saturday. Hang 84 points on the dawgs would have a nice ring to it. 

On 11/10/2022 at 8:24 AM, Haywarduck said:

I would actually love to see Oregon substitute in TE Terrell Tilmon, #12, and throw him our 12th touchdown this Saturday

I was thinking something similar...only to Connerly again.  We stole him from their backyard and I'd enjoy nothing more than to see him run one in on them just for spite!

I just find this amusing.  Like when UCLA's DTR said something along the lines of, "If we had just done our jobs, we would have won easily."  Dude, you just got your tail handed to you - stop pretending it was some type of fluke.  If it makes the loss easier for you to handle emotionally, tell yourself you're the better team, but don't verbalize it because you just look like a fool.

I love the predictions of how Oregon's program will come tumbling down and UW will become dominant.  Maybe George R. R. Martin can use that fantasy for a Game of Thrones sequel.

What's next - predictions that a tsunami will wash away Autzen?  The NCAA will determine the eggshell uniforms violate some archaic rule and the Ducks have to forfeit the last 15 victories over UW as a result?  The CFP will only accept teams wearing purple?

SMH.

My rule of thumb is if the majority of players weren't alive when it happened, then it doesn't matter for both college and professional.  So, teams get 20 years in college and 35 years in professional sports.  Nobody cares what happened earlier.  I don't hear anybody talking about Ivy league schools as powerhouse football programs.

• Great post! 1

On 11/10/2022 at 1:44 AM, Drake said:

Beware…a few of these stray pups will be driving cars down I-5 towards Eugene this Saturday

They are easy to spot. They'll be the car refusing to get out of the fast lane, backing up traffic.

All Washington drivers are just as bad as the Huskies when it comes to entitlement.

Just another reason to hate Washington.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/9/2022 at 5:02 PM, Mic said:

think, by and large, both Lanning & DeBoar are probably above all that except for maybe motivating the kids to play hard and take practice a bit more seriously.  It's fun to have the rivalries but they can be overstated

Late seventies and pretty much the eighties, the Don James era, mutt fans would flood into Autzen and many were quite boorish. There were more pup fans than Duck fans at some of those games. 

Many U Dud attendees were completely obnoxious during those years. They acted elite, and the funny thing is that they still hang their hat on the Don James era, and still act elite. 

There are many reasons to dislike and really hate on the U Duds, both before and since those times….the color purple, rumors from UDuds that Duck staff got Don James fired (hope it is true), Neuheisel the Weasel,  dancing on the O, fans that think Bill Gates dropped out of U Dud to start Microsoft (that was actually stated in conversation I had with a U Dud mutt)…etc. 

There never is an excuse to be belligerent to opposing fans attending any of our games, but we can certainly hate that they wear purple, and cheer for the mutts. 

Edited by Drake
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 1

I love to pile on the Huskies.  I grew up in E. Washington, but my dad went to Oregon, as did I, as well as my son.  It will feel great if Oregon is able to win.  I have a lot of friends in Washington, and they're being pretty tame as far as pre game trash talk goes.  I've been the same as I don't want to have to live with the abuse if we were to loose.

I think this will be a really tough game, with the only one similar being UCLA.  If our offense hums like usual, Bo stats healthy, and we  can keep scoring, we'll be fine.  If it falters at all, it will be tough.  If and when we win, I'll be all over them about it, but until then, I'm keeping my head down, except maybe here on this site.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/10/2022 at 9:50 AM, 47sgs said:

I think this will be a really tough game, with the only one similar being UCLA.  If our offense hums like usual, Bo stats healthy, and we  can keep scoring, we'll be fine.  If it falters at all, it will be tough.  If and when we win, I'll be all over them about it, but until then, I'm keeping my head down, except maybe here on this site.

Yes, I too think this will be Oregon's toughest so far.  I stupidly picked UCLA to win narrowly because I didn't know just how good Lanning's offense really was.  I'm not making that mistake again, but I do think the -13.5 points given O is too many.  Our Secondary is going to really be tested.  I have a lot of respect for Karen DeBoar as well.

On 11/10/2022 at 10:22 AM, Mic said:

Karen DeBoar

Good one!

GOHUSKIES.COM

Success has come consistently and quickly at every stop in the career of Washington football coach Kalen

• Wow 1
  • Haha 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 11/10/2022 at 10:43 AM, Charles Fischer said:

Good one!

GOHUSKIES.COM

Success has come consistently and quickly at every stop in the career of Washington football coach Kalen

spell check 🤭

On 11/10/2022 at 12:34 PM, Mic said:

spell check 🤭

I thought Karen DeBoer was intentional 🤣

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/10/2022 at 9:39 AM, DUCati855 said:

They are easy to spot. They'll be the car refusing to get out of the fast lane, backing up traffic.

Sounds just like the I-5 traffic going into Seattle. And don’t  forget, they’re also the ones with their heads out the window, slack-jawed with slobber running off their tongues onto the windshield of the car behind them.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/10/2022 at 2:17 PM, ICamel said:

I thought Karen DeBoer was intentional 🤣

Who knows? After Saturday it might just stick!

• Applause 1

On 11/10/2022 at 1:44 AM, Drake said:

5CEE7FAA-5FA7-4588-87E3-90CDC24A31D3.thumb.jpeg.7d12e91a0a3fe4b9ac60704c84f6a699.jpeg

The crowd at Autzen is loud. However, when the puppies visit, it goes to another level. Autzen is definitely the place to be this Saturday. 

I'll be there yelling with them.  Oh .. and I take back my 'guess' that there might not be a sellout due to the weather.  My friends are all lathering over this one.  I may very well have misspoke!

Maybe my favorite Duck moment ever was watching the 94 Husky game in a Seattle bar. As the fuskies marched down the field late in the game, everyone myself included all saw the inevitable Husky victory about to unfold and then Kenny Wheaton sprang into Duck history. The silence in that bar was music to my ears.

• Go Ducks! 2
  • Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

This particular week brings so much joy. Husky fans will have to suffer and endure terrible traffic out of Seattle, endure terrible traffic thru Portland, suffer with slow traffic down I-5 to Eugene.......

Then endure a beatdown at the hands of this fun Duck team. Endure the humiliation of getting taken to the woodshed on national TV  Then head north and endure the reverse traffic snarls 

Just knowing they will suffer is icing on the cake. Unhappy husky fans make for happy Ducks fans.

Go Ducks.......

On 11/11/2022 at 12:14 AM, HappyToBeADuck said:

This particular week brings so much joy. Husky fans will have to suffer and endure terrible traffic out of Seattle, endure terrible traffic thru Portland, suffer with slow traffic down I-5 to Eugene.......

Then endure a beatdown at the hands of this fun Duck team. Endure the humiliation of getting taken to the woodshed on national TV  Then head north and endure the reverse traffic snarls 

My friend is driving down from Portland - I'll meet him in Eugene and we'll go in to Autzen together.  He tells me about the traffic (I come from the south) and all the headaches he has to deal with each game but esp. this one.  But he says there's ONE consolation:  The cars & trucks sporting Oregon regalia far outweigh the scattered Husky-adorned rigs.  And he tells me he never gives them the courtesy of cutting in-line.  He drives safe but they have to fend for themselves.

Even some Big Rigs will be sporting Duck gear.  Probably not many sporting Dawg collars.

• Thumbs Up 1