Vandownbytheriverduck

Ruh-Roh! Mario Loses Star QB Recruit

Looks like the athletes are starting to see the reality of MC

WWW.ESPN.COM

Jaden Rashada, ESPN's No. 7-rated quarterback in the 2023 class, announced on social media that...

• Thumbs Up 1

Who wants to play for the Miami Candy Canes?

Screenshot_20221111_070737.png

Good News! Now that they have lost the QB and co-headliner of the class its blood in the water time.

Hopefully our staff gets right after Top 100 TE Riley Williams and tries to flip him and bring him home. The TEs at Oregon are at the Top of FBS for combined TD catches this year.

We should also go after Jayden Wanye the border 5-star DE out of the Seattle area and work to flip him as well. Both kids in FL playing at IMG for their senior seasons of HS, wonder if they are home sick yet? 

Other schools will be after the Miami class hard now after Rashada flipped, we have a good as shot as anyone of flipping Williams and Wayne. 

While we are at it, we should make another run at Francis Maugioa the No. 1 tackle in the class and try to flip him. 274 has the Sansom Okumnola No. 3 tackle crystal balled to the U and teams will come after him hard. 

Not only has Mario lost his headliner and QB, but teams are also going to come after those 5-star tackles that he really needs for his run heavy offense. 

Edited by DazeNconfused
  • Go Ducks! 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 6

Interesting statement from Matt Prehm at 24/7 in regard to Lanning staying put . . . "What's different about this round isn't that Oregon isn't having to deal with a head coach like Mario Cristobal who is demanding more and more and more from the athletic department every offseason or flirting with other schools to ensure his demands at Oregon get met." 

Didn't know this side of Mari, what the heck does demanding more and more mean?  I think it should have been the AD asking for more and more O.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 2

This is just the start. More to come. 

On 11/11/2022 at 7:36 AM, Steven A said:

Interesting statement from Matt Prehm at 24/7 in regard to Lanning staying put . . . "What's different about this round isn't that Oregon isn't having to deal with a head coach like Mario Cristobal who is demanding more and more and more from the athletic department every offseason or flirting with other schools to ensure his demands at Oregon get met." 

Didn't know this side of Mari, what the heck does demanding more and more mean?  I think it should have been the AD asking for more and more O.

Agreed.  It would be interesting to know the background of that statement.  Anyone?

Canes fans are having a meltdown on the recruiting forum with 28 pages of posts about Rashada flipping.

Lots of blame Mario and the OC Gattis. Some real literate works of arts in the comments like this one. 

"This one’s on Mario. No one else. He choose Gattis. Can’t no top HS QB see this trash and want to come play for it.
Better pray a big time QB is frustrated else where and wants to transfer in.."

Some delusional fans thinking they are going to flip Donte Moore from us.. hahaha! Good luck with that!

Edited by DazeNconfused

Mr. FishDuck

They paid Mario $80 million for a team that's 4-5 and has scored 36 points in the last 3 games.

The Ducks usually score 36 by sometime in the 3rd quarter before we downshift and run the clock out. 

Edited by DazeNconfused
  • Haha 6
  • Mic drop 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Here is my take on this, with Thanksgiving just around the corner, I'm very thankful for many things in my life! 

First is my family! 

Our Duck players, Coaches and our wonderful fans are right up there and have been for 50 plus years! 

What is going on in Miami isn't on my radar other than to be very thankful for Coach Lanning and his Staff! 

Go Oregon Ducks, beat those Huskies!!!

• Go Ducks! 2
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Since Mario left for Miami I have quickly scanned through some of Miami's forums once or twice a month just to see what's going on.  Seeing what they have had to say from his hiring, to staff hires, recruiting, pre season expectations, to lack of success, and now loss of a star recruit has been nothing short of hilarious. While this holds absolutely no relevance to our beloved Ducks, it's been great entertainment.

Put in a nutshell,  most of the posts seem delusional.    Why wouldn't any coach or any player want to be anywhere but at Miami?  Why hasn't our team lived up to our preseason expectations of being a potential playoff team? How can our star QB be this bad? Why would a recruit decommit from our program, and how could this or that 5 star recruit pick anywhere else but Miami?

As things have unravelled, they are looking where to place blame.  We knew Mario couldn't run an offense, but can he ever recruit, Gettis has to go as he's a terrible OC, Mario's lost the locker room, the players have no talent, the blame just keeps spreading.  I know this is a small sample of their fan base , but it has just been hilarious to read some of the most off the wall posts I've ever seen.  I just can't help myself looking occasionally.

• Go Ducks! 1

I don’t wish the Cane fans any ill will. They’re just fans, like anywhere else. But the best advice to them or any other fan base when desperation to be a winner is taking over?  Be careful for what you wish because you just might get it.

Have to say as a Duck fan: glad you got your wish!

• Go Ducks! 1

On 11/11/2022 at 7:20 AM, DazeNconfused said:

Good News! Now that they have lost the QB and co-headliner of the class its blood in the water time.

Not only has Mario lost his headliner and QB, but teams are also going to come after those 5-star tackles that he really needs for his run heavy offense. 

This is what happens when a team is projected to possibly win the conference and they can't finish above .500.  If Miami doesn't get to a bowl game this year (a real possibility) there will be a lot more blood in the water, as you say.  But you gotta remember, Miami is situated right smack dab in the middle of one of the best recruiting regions in the U.S.  

What MariØ needs to do is keep his O-line together and pick up the generational RB. That is his offense, not the elite qb, he just needs the AB, or running qb who manages a game. He already recruited a kid just like that last year. He will also need some tough blocking TE's.

The trick to success for MariØ is for him to come completely clean on the football team he wants to build. He wants to take his program back to the old days of low scoring, smash mouth football.

If he continues to try and sell the same idea he sold the Oregon program and delivers ineffective plodding ball he may not last as long as slick at his dream school. The mirage many people see with the exciting winning football is just that, a mirage.

The real Achilles heal for MarØ is just about every coach with equal or close to equal talent will out coach him every time. He is a deer in the headlights once the game starts, 'timeout!'

The other problem the hurricanes may have is their financial benefactor who paid MariØ and the 'student' athletes millions may tighten his pocketbook after seeing the outcomes. Much like Texas A$M is learning, money doesn't buy output. What is amazing is this guy thought giving athletes millions while living so close to south beach was a good idea. 

I would say the combination of MariØ's coaching ability, and the money thrown at these athletes has proven a toxic mix. The end may come quicker than many thought.

• Cool 1
  • Mic drop 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

On 11/11/2022 at 10:12 AM, Haywarduck said:

What MariØ needs to do is keep his O-line together and pick up the generational RB. That is his offense, not the elite qb, he just needs the AB, or running qb who manages a game. He already recruited a kid just like that last year. He will also need some tough blocking TE's.

I would say the combination of MariØ's coaching ability, and the money thrown at these athletes has proven a toxic mix. The end may come quicker than many thought.

To your 1st point: you've likely nailed it.  Why have a Bo Nix-type QB just to hand the ball off to the RB's or flip a screen to them out of the backfield?

And point last: I'm not aware of how all the $$ was spent down there but however it was spent, it isn't working.  My guess is because they've invested so heavily in getting him to Miami they won't give up on him too early.  Which is fine with me.  Let them keep him another season or two - I'm down with that.

On 11/11/2022 at 10:12 AM, Haywarduck said:

The other problem the hurricanes may have is their financial benefactor who paid MariØ and the 'student' athletes millions may tighten his pocketbook after seeing the outcomes.

Doesn't appear to be the case---yet.  From the past hour, although I think he may be a bit defensive.

Does he sign a quick note to his pool boy, "John H. Ruiz, Attorney at Law"?

• Haha 1

On 11/11/2022 at 9:48 AM, Mic said:

This is what happens when a team is projected to possibly win the conference and they can't finish above .500.  If Miami doesn't get to a bowl game this year (a real possibility) there will be a lot more blood in the water, as you say.  But you gotta remember, Miami is situated right smack dab in the middle of one of the best recruiting regions in the U.S.  

Yes, most of Marios commits are FL kids. I think we have a shot as flipping the PNW kids back home - but any other kids are a really hard pull. 

But Bama, UGA, LSU, Ohio St have a history of going into FL and pulling kids. Given Mario flipped a Top 100 TE from Bama on signing day and that Mario's in a bad spot right now I think Bama would love payback. Those big four schools will come after Marios class and FL, and FSU can make the case that Miami is the last place a FL kid wants to stay home. 

Mario has been riding high in recruiting and the big boys will want kick him while he is down.

Edited by DazeNconfused
  • Go Ducks! 1

Money is not the answer.  It is why Oregon did not just open up the check book to Mario, in my opinion.  They had former coaches, Chip in particular, that showed if you could coach up your players and have some speed you could change the game.  While Chip controlled the offense, he allowed coaches to coach and for the most part, he had a lot of success.  Mario, can not get himself to let go of control to those he hired.  His down fall is self inflicted but at a high price which we all get to enjoy watching from afar. . . .  The gift, that keeps on giving. . . .

On 11/11/2022 at 11:01 AM, McDuck said:

Doesn't appear to be the case---yet.  From the past hour, although I think he may be a bit defensive.

Agree he isn't going to flip on his investment on Mario too quick, and he can't, but T A$M and Miami may rethink paying freshman big dollars, along with other players who haven't proven their value. 

Miami and Texas ATM, might be the best thing to happen to the whole NIL mess. They are proof positive throwing money at freshman isn't a guarantee to victory. 

I could see more money being spent of student athletes who want to go higher in the draft. Pay those kids some money to polish up and prove themselves. Might be an easier sell, and also better return on the money. I imagine Gonzalez is just about exactly the kind of guy you spend NIL money on. 

On 11/11/2022 at 12:18 PM, EzDucksIt said:

Money is not the answer.  It is why Oregon did not just open up the check book to Mario, in my opinion.  They had former coaches, Chip in particular, that showed if you could coach up your players and have some speed you could change the game.  While Chip controlled the offense, he allowed coaches to coach and for the most part, he had a lot of success.  Mario, can not get himself to let go of control to those he hired.  His down fall is self inflicted but at a high price which we all get to enjoy watching from afar. . . .  The gift, that keeps on giving. . . .

At this point it's gone past bad blood over Mario to bad blood with the Cane fane base for me. 

That fan base is arrogant, toxic with no class. They get their jollies posting threads like "Duck Tears" and of other teams too. They called it all sour grapes when many Duck fans were glad to see Mario and his prevent offense go. 

They called for savaging the duck's class and cheered every decommit, hoping they would follow Mario. They wanted Luli, Florence, Connerly and Moss. Cyrus Moss was the only one they got, and he was just an Oregon lean. They cheered when Oregon players hit the portal every time hoping they would follow Mario. 

Those fans had a vigil watching the Ducks program and wanting it to burn down and pick the bones. 

Mario got 2023 commits from Jayden Wayne and Riley Wiliams that he recruited while he was at Oregon and they gloated about that. They got players on Oregon's recruiting dime was the big laugh.

They dissed the Lanning hire and clowned his staff. They dissed the Ducks roster as not very good. 

Mario was going to bring them top five classes every year, they did good in the portal. Hired Michigan's OC and gloated about that.

That fan base takes joy in others misery because they have noting going good at the U for a long time. Now they thought they had a homerun hire and its all gone to crap on them... just what they deserve if you ask me!

They were too arrogant listen to people who warned about Marios faults and they thew $80 million on the table without doing their due diligence. 

Now I'm going to sit back and watch the Miami Tears and hope to see their class get savaged.

I got my popcorn and front row seat for the Karma dumpster fire. 

• Mic drop 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 8

Thank you for that perspective.  Some really good points.   As I said it's been more than entertaining checking their forums a couple times a month.  They are not happy campers.

He'll find another.  Maybe Gulbranson will be available next year.  I think the Beavers are looking for a change.

• Haha 1
  • Mic drop 1

On 11/11/2022 at 11:01 AM, McDuck said:

The hits just keep on coming!! 😁🤣🤣😁 That dude is getting lit up on Twitter. Rightfully so. This is approaching Slick Willie level of flop quicker than I expected. I figured 3 to 4 years before they figured it out but it maybe sooner. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/11/2022 at 11:51 AM, EOFan said:

Here is my take on this, with Thanksgiving just around the corner, I'm very thankful for many things in my life! 

First is my family! 

Our Duck players, Coaches and our wonderful fans are right up there and have been for 50 plus years! 

What is going on in Miami isn't on my radar other than to be very thankful for Coach Lanning and his Staff! 

Go Oregon Ducks, beat those Huskies!!!

Yeah.. same.  I could care less about Miami 

On 11/12/2022 at 11:10 AM, Pennsylvania Duck said:

There's some truth in this...

Oh Willie....that smile on your face just needs to disappear.  I guess it's from you thinking about your bank account.  By the way, how are the FAU Owls treating you this year??  Talk about a coaching demise...