DuckFan93

Travis Dye Injured, Season-Ending

In the game against Colorado today, Dye's knee got badly injured and has to be carted off the field...🤞

• Oh no! 3

I forgot they were playing tonight.  I hope he's not seriously injured.  No hard feelings for him transferring.  After all, we got Bucky & Noah in return.

WWW.MSN.COM

USC running back Travis Dye had to be carted off the field during Friday night's game against Colorado after suffering a leg injury. Dye went down awkwardly as he was being tackled at the end of...

Sounds like it might be serious.  Bummer.

• Yikes! 1

I watched some of USC's games and Travis was a workhorse.  I was concerned about how he was gonna hold up through the season because he ran hard every time he had the ball. 

Having a featured back like Dye or Charbonnet is great but having several backs like the Ducks really keeps guys from taking such a huge pounding.  

Going back to the LaMike and Kenyon days....

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

On 11/11/2022 at 9:46 PM, Ktmguy2018 said:

I watched some of USC's games and Travis was a workhorse.  I was concerned about how he was gonna hold up through the season because he ran hard every time he had the ball. 

Having a featured back like Dye or Charbonnet is great but having several backs like the Ducks really keeps guys from taking such a huge pounding.  

Going back to the LaMike and Kenyon days....

Makes me wonder if USC might be a bit thin in the RB room?  One wouldn't think so, USC used to be RB U.  This might put a dent in their playoff hopes and just in time for them to have to play UCLA and ND.  

Never want to see anyone get injured like that. Best wishes to the young man

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 3

USC is going to have a hard time replacing Dye's production and leadership.  When the passing game wasn't productive they would lean on him heavily as their bellcow.  The depth behind him is not great.  Addison, their top wideout is also not 100% after missing several games due to injury. 

They have some depth at receiver with Kyle Ford, Mario Williams and Tahj Washington, but Addison, the reigning Biletnikoff award winner, was the best of the bunch.  He did not look like himself against Colorado with only one reception for two yards. I'm taking UCLA depending on the line set after they play Arizona.

USC running back Travis Dye suffers scary season-ending leg injury

Redshirt senior running back Travis Dye was carted off the field in the second quarter with a lower leg injury

that will sideline him for the rest of the season, Trojans coach Lincoln Riley said after the 55-17 win over Colorado.

NYPOST.COM

USC football’s blowout win Friday night did not come without a cost.

Not sure who I hope wins the USC-UCLA matchup.  On one hand, I'd rather not see a rematch with Chip Kelly should Oregon get past UW, Utah & OSU.  On the other hand, it's the defecting and condescending Trojans.  With Dye out and Addison nicked USC might have a hard time keeping up with UCLA.

Hope he has a speedy, full recovery. I also hope the program down there doesn't just put him off to the side, and he has the full support of the team as he would have at Oregon.

I know that is one of the elements which sells parents on the Oregon program. If a student athlete gets hurt there is no better place to rehab. I wouldn't be against Oregon stepping up to help him if the spoiled children fail him.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

On 11/12/2022 at 8:10 AM, Haywarduck said:

Hope he has a speedy, full recovery. I also hope the program down there doesn't just put him off to the side, and he has the full support of the team as he would have at Oregon.

From the field shot of his teammates around him with the staff and personnel I think the Trojans know how much he meant to them.  I'd be shocked to see a poor response to his injury, even from them.

I hate it when a player (any player) gets injured seriously.  Something like this could (hopefully not) have future playing implications for him.  There's no reason to ever wish that on anyone.  Not even a Trojan or a (dare I say it?) Husky.            GO DUCKS!

• Thumbs Up 3

On 11/12/2022 at 8:19 AM, Mic said:

From the field shot of his teammates around him with the staff and personnel I think the Trojans know how much he meant to them.  I'd be shocked to see a poor response to his injury, even from them.

I hate it when a player (any player) gets injured seriously.  Something like this could (hopefully not) have future playing implications for him.  There's no reason to ever wish that on anyone.  Not even a Trojan or a (dare I say it?) Husky.            GO DUCKS!

I hope your right, at least their training facility is named after a Duck, The John Mackay Facility. Maybe another great Oregon back can help him along, I hope so.

Just a reminder Mackay was part of that great Oregon team in 1948 denied the Rose Bowl bid by a vote by the dawgs.  Even this story reminds me how much I hate the dawgs!

Edited by Haywarduck
  • Like 1

On 11/12/2022 at 8:41 AM, Haywarduck said:

Just a reminder Mackay was part of that great Oregon team in 1948 denied the Rose Bowl bid by a vote by the dawgs.  Even this story reminds me how much I hate the dawgs!

That's right, the 1949 Rose Bowl with Norn Van Brocklin, 7-0.  Alan mentions it in his funny article above.  

From a few responses on the article it sounds like a really bad injury. For a running back that perhaps had NFL aspirations that is devastating. 

Wish him well.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/11/2022 at 9:46 PM, Ktmguy2018 said:

Dye had a pretty big work load last year in the second half the season for us... 

The big difference is that our offensive line is better. 

Not saying that would have stopped his injury but it always helps to have a better o-line.

• Like 1

I remember reading a comment on this forum regarding his transfer, predicting a scenario exactly like this.   Granted it's never right to wish it on anyone, but that post mentioned the difference in O Lines, and karma...  

Wish Dye well, but this has got to hurt his future prospects.

• Thumbs Up 1

I watched the video of Travis being carted off the field and the look on the poor man's face was just heart-wrenching.

He knew what kind of injury he had, what it meant.  Travis is such an emotional player and leader...the reality was all over his face.  He threw up the Trojan salute when he left the field, but I had to throw him the "O" because he meant a lot to Oregon also.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 1

This is a terrible blow, Travis may be able to recover fully but the timing is absolutely awful as he had decent prospects in the NFL.  Teams will evaluate him when he's healthy again (hopefully for the combine in Feb) but teams will wonder if the injury effects play on the field and there's no way for him to prove it hasn't.

I wasn't happy about  him leaving for USC but I understood the family connection and respected his decision 100%.  I really really hope he is able to fully recover and get to the next level.

I am still pissed that Travis Dye transferred to USC. USC?!!!  Couldn’t have picked any other school?!  

I was hoping the Ducks could abut down Travis in the PAC-12 championship and blow out the Trojans.

That said, it’s sad to see Travis injured. By all accounts, he is a terrific young man. I hope that he is able to heal and pursue his dreams.  

• Thumbs Up 1

Nothing but love for Travis Dye. I wish him only the best. 

🦆

Best wishes for a good and speedy healing!  I always liked him as Oregon back.  Thought he was the best running back during his time when he was a Duck.