Annie

Interview with Brooks and Bellotti

This was before the game, but fun nonetheless, I think.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

Where we were sitting these guys were right in front of us.  (we were 4 rows up from the field).  We even got to have a few words in chat with Nick before the game - he's a very gracious individual and likes the fans.  It was great to see Rich Brooks & Mike Bellotti again!

Edited by Mic
  • Thumbs Up 1

Great interview, about time they got the credit they deserve.  People don't realize that Kelly's best job prior to Bellotti hiring him was the offensive coordinator at University of New Hampshire.  One of the main reasons that Kelly did as well as he did at Oregon was that he had the good fortune to inherit a heck of a lot of good players that Bellotti recruited, and inherited an excellent coaching staff that Bellotti had put together.  Kelly has been unsuccessful since leaving Oregon and yesterday was a good example.  I don't know any UCLA alum that would not be thrilled to see him gone.

• Thumbs Up 1

Makes me feel even better about Lanning hire. Strong endorsements from two coaches I respect. Also, you can learn a lot about people when they lose and Lanning handling it like a real leader.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 11/13/2022 at 10:29 AM, LADuck said:

Makes me feel even better about Lanning hire. Strong endorsements from two coaches I respect. Also, you can learn a lot about people when they lose and Lanning handling it like a real leader.

I wonder how they fell about our Defense?  (I mean, really feel, not what you hear them say in front of a camera).

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/13/2022 at 10:26 AM, mrspenney said:

I don't know any UCLA alum that would not be thrilled to see him gone.

I think they're generally happy with him now. Well ...maybe not this morning ... but generally.  UCLA hadn't been relevant or competitive for a while,  At least they're still in the picture, sort of.  And they did beat Washington, something we were unable to do.