Charles Fischer

PLEASE, Oregon....Give it Up....Never Again...

Please don't do grey uniforms anymore in any sport!

__ 12-5-20 Cal,Oregon_0914.JPG

2015 .JPG

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

I have to say, I don't mind the grey. I'll spare everybody by posting pictures of uniforms much worse. 

Suffice to say, this is how the announcer reacted after Oregon ran on the field in one of them. 

giphy.gif

The color of the uniform has nothing to do with the scoreboard. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, BigDucksFan said:

The color of the uniform has nothing to do with the scoreboard. 

Should be true yes ... But I don't eat nachos during Oregon v arizona anymore because Oregon always seemed to lose when I did that. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, David Marsh said:

Should be true yes ... But I don't eat nachos during Oregon v arizona anymore because Oregon always seemed to lose when I did that. 

Tostitos is looking for you. 

I'm not too fond of any of these gray combinations, especially if it's all-gray. Sometimes Oregon has worn gray football pants with white jerseys, like in the game-clinching win against OSU in 2010 to finish 12-0, and those aren't too bad. What really makes me cringe the most is loud patterning on the jerseys, but I agree that it's hard to get excited about gray.

The grey pants in the past for accenting the top is quite acceptable to me...

Walter Thurmond.jpg

Darron Thomas to DAT_AM_FP.jpg

Ed Dickson, Will Tukuafu,Walter Thurmond,Nate Costa TJ Ward in 2007_GoDucks.com.jpg

Mr. FishDuck

I am more interested in the team's play and outcome. Exercising the diversity in the color wheel is fine with me. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I don’t care what colors they wear.  I just like to see them perform well, and win.

• Thumbs Up 1

Colors can’t determine the outcome, except for in football when wearing all grey. That’s an automatic L. I like to think I’m a reasonable person who doesn’t believe in such things, but the Cal game this past season was the proof I needed.

I remember when Oregon played Ohio State for the national championship in 2015 (end of 2014 season), as the higher-ranked team the Ducks had the choice of uniforms. They chose an all-white away uniform that looked great, but as a Wall Street Journal article pointed out at the time, the team had very different records in different colors and combinations. The all-green outfit they'd just worn in the Rose Bowl against Florida State was one that the Ducks had a dominant record in, while the white outfits had the worst record of any look.

I'm not at all saying that Oregon would have won the national title that night simply by wearing a different uniform combination, but I do suspect sometimes that different uniforms can produce different psychological effects. In any sport, the biggest challenge of all is to get your players playing hard and confidently. Every little bit helps.

5 minutes ago, Brian Libby said:

that different uniforms can produce different psychological effects

I completely agree and you are the first I've seen anywhere point that out.  It is a shame that Cristobal does not take it to heart....

As it turns out....I do not like the all-green, but I acknowledge our record in them.  I still like this...

Danny O'Neil in 1994_JG.jpg

Mr. FishDuck

Whenever I think of ugly uniforms I right away think of those old (maybe they still wear them) Wyoming Cowboy outfits. Unforgivingly obnoxious. All grey is fantastic compared to those!

• Thumbs Up 1

Let me just say that if I were to wear Purple and Gold or Brown and Orange  I might start to feel worse about myself quite quickly!  If we can agree on that, perhaps wearing the Buckeyes practice uniforms in the National Championship against a team we've never beaten, might have been a uniform combo best utilized for the Portland State games?!  I'll leave it there.....

• Thumbs Up 1

45 minutes ago, Southern Duck said:

I'll leave it there.....

Southern Duck....I see how they are giving you some grief on another site, and it is great to see you here.

giphy.gif

Mr. FishDuck

Everybody has a lucky color, fortunately Oregon knows their lucky colors, green and yellow. Why would anyone, when you know you need luck, not where their lucky color(s)? I mean really, why would you go out of your way to wear, what many consider not even to be a color, grey. 

When I see Oregon line up for a competition without green and yellow I just shake my head. Who would try and win anything of value without all the luck you can get. You need science, but most importantly you need luck!

I don't care about statistics, this is just common sense;).

Stick to what we are about....

Bill Musgrave_John Giustina.jpg

Gosh I love that rich color of green....and I'll be darned if I can find it on the HTML charts. 

Mr. FishDuck

When Oregon came out against Ohio State in Dallas they looked like they were wearing Ohio state practice uniforms. The colors are GREEN and YELLOW. Not grey. Not Grey.