WaterPoloDuck

Husky Writer Gloating About Injuring Bo Nix

This writer gloated about how pivotal injuring Bo Nix was and basically how incredible of a hit it was because it caused that injury. How decent of a human this Husky writer is, eh?

WWW.SI.COM

The Oregon quarterback couldn't get up right away after UW safety Alex Cook dropped him late in the game.

Be warned, the levels of hubris and pride displayed in causing physical injury can be nauseating to us Duck fans. How much are we looking forward to going into Seattle and beating the Huskies fair and square next year?

• Thumbs Up 1

And this is why I refer to them as the Bastard Huskies...you can never beat them enough times, by enough points.

The Point3.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

The bad thing about the internet is that pretty much anybody can become a writer. That was so poorly written that I could only make it to the half way point. Not exactly Red Smith or Rick Reilly. 

• Like 1

On 11/15/2022 at 5:58 PM, WaterPoloDuck said:

This writer gloated about how pivotal injuring Bo Nix was and basically how incredible of a hit it was because it caused that injury. How decent of a human this Husky writer is, eh?

WWW.SI.COM

The Oregon quarterback couldn't get up right away after UW safety Alex Cook dropped him late in the game.

My friend Tim and I had the unfortunate luck to be sitting behind several Husky fans who were actually cheering when first Ryan Walk was injured, then later in the game when Bo was down.  I didn't know fans would actually do that - certainly not in the home park of their opponent - but cheer they did.  I spoke out about it to the most obnoxious of the three, only to find it just urged him on to 'cheer' harder.  Dog hooting is a better description of his vocal responses during the injuries.

I think I now know a little more why this particular rivalry between O & UW is so vitriolic.  How can one justify cheering injuries to players of any team, any time, in any game?  Alcohol probably had a lot to do with it.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 1