FreddyD

Hoping for a Great Game (and a Ute Victory)

Just wanted to stop in and wish my Fishduck Forum friends well on Saturday. Not wishing that you win, mind you, but hoping for a great game!

I'm predicting a game similar to Washington last week. Two good programs slugging it out back and forth for four quarters and being decided in the final minute. In my heart of hearts if I'm honest I think you guys have a pretty good edge. Obviously being at Autzen is huge but also getting the bitter taste out of your mouth from last week is going to be super motivating. We might be coasting a little bit after crushing Stanford last week. Hopefully Coach Whittinham will have 'em fired up.

Here's to a great (and injury free) game!!!!

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Frankly, I don't really enjoy close games near as much as blowouts where Oregon's on the winning side. It looks like Vegas says Utah is favored by 2.5 points, but I hope the Ducks win by 25 points. Generally, I don't like upsets, but if there has to be a few I certainly don't mind Oregon getting one or maybe two a year. I prefer the rich to richer. It makes for a better on-field product. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Obviously I don't want the Utes to win but I just hope that if they do it's not because of coaching errors on the Duck side of the field. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/17/2022 at 3:49 PM, GODUCKS15 said:

Obviously I don't want the Utes to win but I just hope that if they do it's not because of coaching errors on the Duck side of the field. 

Or targeting that causes injury. 

• Applause 1

On 11/17/2022 at 3:09 PM, FreddyD said:

Not wishing that you win

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/17/2022 at 3:09 PM, FreddyD said:

Just wanted to stop in and wish my Fishduck Forum friends well on Saturday. Not wishing that you win, mind you, but hoping for a great game!

I'm predicting a game similar to Washington last week. Two good programs slugging it out back and forth for four quarters and being decided in the final minute. In my heart of hearts if I'm honest I think you guys have a pretty good edge. Obviously being at Autzen is huge but also getting the bitter taste out of your mouth from last week is going to be super motivating. We might be coasting a little bit after crushing Stanford last week. Hopefully Coach Whittinham will have 'em fired up.

Here's to a great (and injury free) game!!!!

Well, I can't agree with your wish for the Utes to win but I will admit you're a refreshing change from most of the UW fans we had to deal with last weekend.  There were quite a few in our end of the stadium and when fans root during injuries to the opponent (which some of them did) you know you're dealing with a pretty low class of individual.  I too hope for an injury-free game, for everyone.  GO DUCKS!

• Thumbs Up 1

I have a hard not liking the Utes. Lived in Utah for a while and the people and the state are top notch.

Best of luck to the Utes, after Saturday night that is. Go Ducks!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

On 11/17/2022 at 3:29 PM, 2002duck said:

Frankly, I don't really enjoy close games near as much as blowouts where Oregon's on the winning side. It looks like Vegas says Utah is favored by 2.5 points, but I hope the Ducks win by 25 points. Generally, I don't like upsets, but if there has to be a few I certainly don't mind Oregon getting one or maybe two a year. I prefer the rich to richer. It makes for a better on-field product. 

I think I'd almost rather see Oregon as the underdog in this one after what happened last week.  The pressure is more on Utah without the expectation of Oregon winning.  Either the odds-makers feel Utah is the better team or they think Bo Nix's injury (along with maybe Forsyth's and Walk's) is more serious than we know.  It's exactly why I don't gamble $.  It makes it more fun to just watch and enjoy the game without worrying about losing money.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/17/2022 at 6:22 PM, Mic said:

Bo Nix's injury

If Bo Nix isn't playing the spread should be 13.5 points.

Well wether Bo plays or not I feel Utah will score 31 to 45 points on the pourous Duck D. The Duck O needs to score and score often.

There's alot of talent on the Ducks offensive roster. They havent lost the ability or talent to score points. If needed, somebody has to seize the opportunity and step up. Step up and lead.

Going to be a great game with 2 top 15 teams going at it. Hope all the players avoid injuries and Utah has a quiet flight home.

Go Ducks........

Utah plays their best in cold weather.  Really not fair to Duck players that Lanning is looking at Auburn and Dillingham candidate for Arizona State head coach job in the coaches first year at Eugene..  The real question is how is AD Mullins handling this, will he give them both raises to stay.   So much riding on Saturday night in 30-40 degree weather.  Dress warm, folks!   Utah Coach Wittingham has been coach at Utah since 1994, Defense Coach for 11 years, and Head Coach since 2005.  OC Ludwig has been coaching since 1987.   It will be the "Dean of Pac-12 Coaching" vs the young pups.  Should be an interesting game.

• Thumbs Up 1

If Ty gets the start tomorrow, this will be his turn to shine!  Oregon has a lot to play for and I'm going to be in the stands cheering OBD on with all my intensity.   GO OREGON!   BEAT THEM UTES!!

On 11/18/2022 at 4:18 PM, cartm25 said:

I hope the Ducks demolish the Utes.

I DO NOT want a good game, except when using my definition of “good game”, which is a blow out in the Ducks favor.

Will that happen? Not likely 😒

Have faith cartm25.  No one knows what will happen but it could be something special.  But win or lose, it's the last home game of this season and Oregon is still in the hunt.

On 11/18/2022 at 3:56 PM, DiscoDuck said:

Really not fair to Duck players that Lanning is looking at Auburn and Dillingham candidate for Arizona State head coach job

The first question is, is Lanning looking at Auburn?  I sure as heck don't think so and have seen nothing CREDIBLE that would indicate he is.

Additional questions are whether Dillingham the candidate is interesting in being THE candidate with the unknown sanctions pending and better jobs in the future opening.  I realize it would be a homecoming for him, but ask Willie how'd that work out for him.  I think in Mari's case, he'll survive quite a bit longer.

• Thumbs Up 2

Wether or not coaching moves seem "fair" or not to players should be balanced against players transferring in and out of programs as well.  One could almost say it isn't "fair" to the coaches when great players (like Travis Dye) suddenly bolt for another team too.  Unfortunately, it's part of the college football landscape nowadays. 

And, like Steven A points out above, at this moment there is no indication either Lanning or Dillingham are going anywhere.  So, sit back and enjoy what we have, while we still have it.  GO DUCKS.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/18/2022 at 4:30 PM, cartm25 said:

I still have faith the Ducks can win (QB health permitting).

I have my doubts the Ducks will blow out the Utes; the best outcome.

No, you're probably right.  The Ducks probably won't be blowing out Utah - they're far too good for that.  But a win (by any margin) to close out the home season would sure be nice!

Edited by Mic
  • Thumbs Up 1

With Bo you have a qb that can manage the offense from LOS. Thats a huge loss of advantage. Something only experience brings.

Bo is a tuff dude. He will play if he can give 75% or better. Ducks by seven if Bo plays.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/18/2022 at 3:56 PM, DiscoDuck said:

Lanning is looking at Auburn 

Do you have a source?