Charles Fischer

GameDay Thread versus Utah: Join Us!

CLANK!

Ummm....what's up with that, coaches?

Why have TT runs trick play on his first snap?

That guy is snake bit.

I saw it. I didn't like it. Yet, it was worse than I could have imagined. Did we not learn about getting too cute last week?

On 11/19/2022 at 9:31 PM, David Marsh said:

Sooo.... 

Thompson comes on the field and that happens...

Not 100% on Ty but that's partially on him.

UNBELIEVABLE 

On 11/19/2022 at 9:34 PM, AnotherOD said:

I saw it. I didn't like it. Yet, it was worse than I could have imagined. Did we not learn about getting too cute last week?

Nope... 

I mean I like Dilly giving the te some different looks to react to but this doesn't feel like the time. 

2 plays tonight trying to get cute...2 fails.  Cute last week failed.  Bad things seem to happen with TT in.  Thornton 2 fumbles...that one may be on TT and play calling. 

D gets a big stop and the O give Utah a TD 😠

• Thumbs Up 1

That was on Lanning.  Have Bo Nix hand off the ball!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

They gotta get past it...Still up by 7, and they'll get the ball. That will not decided the game.

the defense just gets was big stop and we give a team that is down with nothing going their way, momentum.

Wow.

I really don't think that fumble touchdown was on the coaches.  There just seems to be a too many players from the Cristobal era that are mental mush when it comes to killer instinct.

I have never seen so many unforced errors as I've seen since Cristobal came to Eugene.  How many changes in momentum will we see with his players?  

On 11/19/2022 at 9:35 PM, Legion said:

They gotta get past it...Still up by 7, and they'll get the ball. That will not decided the game.

Momentum can change on one play.

On 11/19/2022 at 9:37 PM, Mike West said:

I really don't think that fumble touchdown was on the coaches.  There just seems to be a too many players from the Cristobal era that are mental mush when it comes to killer instinct.

I have never seen so many unforced errors as I've seen since Cristobal came to Eugene.  How many changes in momentum will we see with his players?  

Don't understand. How did that play show a lack of killer instinct?

I disagree. Can't blame that on Mario.

• Thumbs Up 1

Dilly is giving up on the run game right now... Need to get the run game going again. 

Offense is stagnating, Dillingham needs to make some adjustments.

Poor Ty Thompson. He's either cursed, or he is a curse. It's almost comical what happens when he comes into a game.

On 11/19/2022 at 9:34 PM, nw777b said:

Not 100% on Ty but that's partially on him.

UNBELIEVABLE 

Not fully blaming Ty... But it's more the fact that when he gets on the field bad things happen. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Perhaps the adjustment was to utilize Ty legs...If that was plan B, I hope he has a plan C.

The offense needs a running threat from the qb.

I don't see how they win this game. The defense has to win a game. OUR defense has to win a game. Good luck with that. Why in the heck can't we run the ball? All you need to see if if there's a back in the backfield to know what's coming. Ugly.

Loving that D

With a QB playing on one leg why all the empty backfield formations? 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/19/2022 at 9:39 PM, jrw said:

Don't understand. How did that play show a lack of killer instinct?

It's the pattern I'm talking about.  Utah should be done.  But plays like that show up out of the blue, andow and behold, the team OBD should kill, gets back in the game.  

That kind of play changes momentum far too much.  And it was constant in the Cristobal era.  

• Thumbs Up 2

This is beyond frustrating... DL has to be going bald tonight.

Yep gave a dead team momentum and here we are. Looks like Utah made defensive halftime adjustments. Haven't seen it from OBD.

That Thompson fumble is going to be pivotal.

Washington didn't beat Oregon. Utah won't beat Oregon. Other than Georgia, only Oregon has beaten Oregon. Two out of the three losses will have been lost by the coaches. Don't see Dillingham going anywhere right now. He's not ready. He needs to get a lot less cute.  Been nervous about Lupoi since the get go, and NOT sold now. 

That turnover is the turning point. Nothing seems to be going right since then. 

Wow, Nix can barely run.

I want to know why Oregon abandoned the running game?  Only 14 carries through the 3rd quarter.  I just don't understand the game plan with an injured Nix.

For comparison purposes, Utah has 2x the number of carries.

Edited by OregonDucks
expand

If Nix weren’t injured this would be at least 35-17 right now.

On 11/20/2022 at 12:05 AM, OregonDucks said:

I want to know why Oregon abandoned the running game?  Only 14 carries through the 3rd quarter.  I just don't understand the game plan with an injured Nix.

I'm totally with you. When we have run, is been about 5 years or more per carry.

On 11/19/2022 at 10:05 PM, OregonDucks said:

Utah adjusted. They’re completely disregarding runs by Nix because he can’t. That allows them to focus on the running backs more and now they’re stuffing the run more often.

On 11/19/2022 at 10:05 PM, OregonDucks said:

I want to know why Oregon abandoned the running game?

So do I!!! 

Dillingham seems to have a tendency of getting pass happy at times and it just doesn't set Oregon up for success. 

We need to run the ball! 

• Thumbs Up 1

Need to shift gears and find a way to attack the middle portion of the field. Utah is taking everything else away and betting they can hold up against the Duck WRs (and TEs).

• Thumbs Up 1

The backers can fill their gaps quicker without having to account for Nix. When Nix is healthier, backers have to account for him, which is just enough for our o-line to get up to them, which is not happening tonight

On 11/19/2022 at 9:43 PM, jrw said:

Poor Ty Thompson. He's either cursed, or he is a curse. It's almost comical what happens when he comes into a game.

Sure seems like that!

On 11/19/2022 at 10:08 PM, kirklandduck said:

Utah adjusted. They’re completely disregarding runs by Nix because he can’t. That allows them to focus on the running backs more and now they’re stuffing the run more often.

Noah Whittington

:  6.3 yards per carry

On 11/19/2022 at 10:11 PM, OregonDucks said:

Noah Whittington

:  6.3 yards per carry

What’s his average in the 2nd half?

Irving is not having a great game with at just under 4 yards a carry but he is not able to get any momentum.

O-line injuries are not helping the running game.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/19/2022 at 10:15 PM, jrw said:

O-line injuries are not helping the running game.

Definitely. Utah is lining up an extra guy to defend the run. I saw them even line up 6 guys a couple plays ago…having Irving fly out for a pass was the right play.

They have to fluster Rising somehow now.

Liked the Thornton play more, I think it was (almost) there. Not really thrilled 3rd and 10 and you throw a one yard pass hoping to get 9, when you have already ran it 63 times in the game.

On 11/19/2022 at 10:24 PM, yonthegreat said:

Hey now...no personal attacks. Out of bounds.

Edited by Smith72
Take out quote that was hidden.
  • Thumbs Up 2

Thanks to Rising for throwing it into the ground. Basically whomever screws up the least in the last few minutes wins this game. Despite everything it still might be us.

Nix can't throw off that bad leg. That caused the interception.

A great throw followed immediately by a terrible throw…argh