Charles Fischer

Oregon's MINDBENDING Defensive Performance

In the end, the Utah offense only scored 10 points? Insane!  Where did this Oregon defense come from?

Now I get it, Cam Rising did not have a good game, but our QB was hampered just a bit as well.  😉

Un-fricken-believable.

Show us the way Jeffrey!

• Go Ducks! 2
  • Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Mr. FishDuck

Wow Williams what a game, showed up big. Sewell played like the guys we know and love. The Whole D Line really showed up everyone of them made game changing plays!

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

After last week, this is an incredible stat line:

Screenshot_20221119-233215.png

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

This year I'll probably be most thankful for my wife putting up with my insufferable behavior during nail-biting Duck games..........

• Haha 4
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I guess it is a great game when I didn't need valium until 13:14 of the 3rd Qtr, and 1 was enough.

• Haha 4
  • Applause 1

After the loss last week Coach Lanning said the coaches took their medicine from that game. I was wondering what that would mean for this game. Well we all found out!

What a great performance by the defense and the coaches. I'll be honest and say I didn't see that coming at all. I've been waiting to see that all year. Coming off a tough loss this team and program took another step towards elite status and bounced backed in a game where the offense didn't carry them.

Game ball to the coaches who heard the criticism, didn't whine or complain about the media or fans, looked in the mirror and went out and did something about it. 

• Thumbs Up 3

What a suprise performance from the Duck D!  My apologies to the players, I was critical of their efforts and performances all week.

This was a tremendous effort. They made Utah earn every yard, as well as stop some critical 3rd and 4th down conversion attempts.

Best humble pie ever........

GO DUCKS!

• Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Lanning proved why he was a great hire last night.  

• Thumbs Up 2

Internet rumors claim Lanning decided to take a more active role in defensive play calling after the Washington debacle.  Is that what we saw last night?  

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Let’s hope! 1
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/20/2022 at 7:19 AM, McDuck said:

Internet rumors claim Lanning decided to take a more active role in defensive play calling after the Washington debacle.  Is that what we saw last night?  

Exactly what I thought I saw. When the defense came to the sideline during a timeout Tosh could barely get a word in. Lanning was in every defensive players earhole. 

Dan is a great head coach. He seems to be able to delegate, and step to the side when things are working out. I don't think he interjects too much in the offensive play calling. On the defensive side of the ball, he was all over the game last night.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Like 1

On 11/20/2022 at 7:33 AM, Haywarduck said:

When the defense came to the sideline during a timeout Tosh could barely get a word in. Lanning was in every defensive players earhole. 

This. I noticed that as well. Lanning was taking ownership of the defense. He was pretty fiery, wasn't he?

• Thumbs Up 1

It's the new defensive plan: mind-bend and mind-break.

Well, my interpretation is different.  Penix is damn good, so much better than Rising, IMHO, in addition to the Husky receivers were a ton better.  I was not surprised to see UW score 37 points on us, since their average was 39 points a game, and I figured we would have to outscore that.

We had our chances to win that game and didn't, and I will have an article on Tuesday about my first "Critical Analysis" of this coaching staff.

But I did not see this defensive performance coming vs. Utah at all.  But again--the Utes did not challenge the Ducks the way the damn Huskies could.  What an incredible QB...

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Mr. FishDuck