RichardDuck

Paths to Conference Championship Game

So win vs. OSU and we're in.

Even if we lose, if UW loses to WSU we're in.

If we lose and end up in three-way tie with UW and Utah, we are probably out.

Do I have this right?

Laying out the updated Pac-12 Championship Game matchup scenarios after Week 12

If Oregon can beat the Beavers, then they seal the deal and get a highly-anticipated matchup with the Trojans.

Should that not happen, then Duck fans become the biggest Washington State fans in the world, hoping that they beat the Huskies.

Best Advice: Just win, baby.

I think this article lays out the scenarios pretty clearly by individual schools...

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

USC cliched a spot int he Pac-12 title game with a win over UCLA. Is Oregon in? Not quite yet. Here’s what needs to happen.

The PAC has four top 10 caliber teams. Outside of Utah losing to Florida, they have only lost to each other, the defending champs and top 20 UW.

No other conference except the SEC can claim that. The champ of a tough conference should get in regardless of conference record.

I would have to see what other teams are out there, but losses have to matter.  I don't think LSU as the SEC champ should be automatically in the CFP.  UGA is all that and more, but the SEC is not a juggernaut this season.  Alabama hasn't beat a great team, their best wins are against Ole Miss and Mississippi St.  LSU beat Alabama, Ole Miss and Miss St.  LSU to FSU and got smashed by Tennessee.  FSU, at 8-3, had a 3 game losing streak.