FreddyD

Congrats to the Ducks From a Ute Fan

Congrats to the Ducks and their classy fans here on the FishDuck Forum.  You guys earned the right to enjoy and savor a well deserved victory. Much respect.

It was a painful thing for me to watch. I've got some of that taste in my mouth that you guys had last week.

Good luck against the Beav's next week. I think that could be another close one.

Win or lose I really love college football!!!!

• Thanks 2
  • Great post! 6
  • Applause 5
  • Thumbs Up 5

You are very kind, as Utah fans have been the best here, and while I feel bad for them--I am grateful for the victory.  If Rising had a decent day, and Bo was healthy--what kind of game would THAT have been?

Good luck on the rest of your season, and do stay in touch here!

giphy.gif

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

Mr. FishDuck

Thanks, Utah has brought nothing but class and sportsmanship to the Pac and not to mention a damn good football team. 

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 5

Freddy D thank you for being so gracious. That was a hard fought game between 2 top 15 teams.

Utah has been a grest addition to the PAC. Great fans, great student athletes and school.

While this Duck victory helps erase some of the vomit taste from last years 2 brutal beatdowns, it wont be fulfilled until a few more Duck victories are in hand.

I expect the Utes, Ducks and the putrid dogs to carry the PAC standard for years.

Enjoy your holiday season.....

• Thumbs Up 2

Here’s to hoping that UO and Utah have many top ten battles for PAC supremacy in the future.

• Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Great comment, FreddyD. Have always liked the Utes, Wittingham, and the way the team plays. There seems to be a great culture there. I always root for the Utes against anybody by Oregon.

• Great post! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Thanks, classy post.

Question on Cam Rising and his injury.  How are the Ute fans evaluating his performance last night?  I saw a tweet before the game that he was wearing a larger than normal brace.  Was he playing on pure grit and determination just like Bo?

I'll leave you with a quote for Lanning's post game comments Utah fans might miss.  Says a lot about Utah and their coach.

"That’s a good team we just played. I’ve got more respect for Coach Whittingham than anybody else in this conference, he’s won a lot of ball games and that’s a good team."

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

Hard to say what was up with Rising. He seemed okay physically to me (despite the bigger brace). It just seemed like he was came out a little flat and had a bit of an off night. I still love the guy though. He doesn't have off the charts talent but he's a warrior and usually finds a way to win. Just not last night. Props to the Ducks D for coming up big at critical moments.

• Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

I'm still recovering but congratulations to you guys.  

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 11/22/2022 at 11:42 AM, savagefund said:

I'm still recovering but congratulations to you guys.  

Just reminisce of 2021. I'm sure you'll feel better.

• Haha 1

On 11/20/2022 at 10:44 AM, FreddyD said:

Congrats to the Ducks and their classy fans here on the FishDuck Forum.  You guys earned the right to enjoy and savor a well deserved victory. Much respect.

It was a painful thing for me to watch. I've got some of that taste in my mouth that you guys had last week.

Good luck against the Beav's next week. I think that could be another close one.

Win or lose I really love college football!!!!

We (Tim & I) were fortunate to be sitting in Section 35 next to some fans from Utah and we saw the same class from them you mention.  It couldn't have been easy for them a time or two not the least because there were a couple young Duck fans (probably drunk) who were misbehaving and embarrassing all of us.  But they weathered it well and didn't retaliate back at them.  

Collegiate football should be about friendly rivalries with mutual resect for fans and athletes both.  The Utah fans we were next to epitomized that.  Pass our well-wishes on to your friends from us!

Edited by Mic
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

I've had good experiences around the majority of Ute fans while attending a few games.

I honestly can't say the same for several other program's fans, by any stretch of the imagination.

Good luck moving forward.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/22/2022 at 1:39 PM, woundedknees said:

I've had good experiences around the majority of Ute fans while attending a few games.

I honestly can't say the same for several other program's fans, by any stretch of the imagination.

Good luck moving forward.

In stark contrast to the Ute fans were some Husky fans (and that's stretching the word 'fan') in the same section.  My friend Tim has season tickets here and it's also where tickets often come available to fans from the other team so we get a good look at various team's fans.  The Husky fans were terrible, unlike Utah's and Eastern Washington's both.   So, Charles's 'Husky Hate Week' can be understood by how poorly they behaved in front of us.  Utah's fans were great!  EW sent fewer to the game but were well behaved as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have so much respect for Coach Whittingham and his teams.  Reminds me of former coaches and players from Oregon's past.  Talent Coached up, developed to compete at a higher level against more talented schools.  The Utes and Oregon have fielded lesser known athletes that have performed in a competitive manner on the field, usually in front of large hostile crowds.  Never electing to turn down a great team, or chance to measure themselves against elite competition.  This is why college football is so enjoyable to watch.  Go Ducks, Go Utes, finish the season strong.

• Great post! 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

My congrats as well.  Have just moved to the point where I can talk about it.  Utah was simply outplayed and the Oregon coaches did a great job - except that one play.   I have a lot of respect for how Bo stepped up and made the plays when he was obviously hurt.  Hope the Ducks win out.  

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

I was at the Pac-12 Championship debacle last year (well... a debacle for us Ducks anyway). We had a small group of fun Utah fans around us, and we actually had a good time with them... even though the pain poured down on us :-). They were football knowledgeable, and they were also rather generously merciful to us.

After the game was completely out of hand, I learned that Utah had never been to the Rose Bowl before. That actually took a little bit of the sting out of our beatdown. Every fan base needs at least one trip to the Rose Bowl. It is still quite the wonderful event.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I can remember when Utah & Colorado were invited to join the Pac to make it a 12 team league.  There were some who thought it would diminish the league's image and importance.  Now we have a situation where USC & UCLA are skedaddling for another league while teams like Utah are more than just competitive.  They have actually won the League Championship while USC and UCLA are only now just getting competitive themselves, once again.

Good riddance to the two LA schools, if that's what they want.  It's high time the league found other schools where a Pac-12 Championship would still mean something to them and their fans.  There are other choices out there - teams that can compete (and beat) both of those two departing schools. 

• Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1