Charles Fischer

Poor Mario: 'Cane Fans Can be BRUTAL

If you don't like any of the entertainment about Mario Cristobal...don't

complain to me, just skip this thread.  For the rest of you, get your popcorn!

This video below is NOT politically correct, but is pretty darn funny...

This one below came from an Oregon fan....could have been ME!

Screen Shot 2022-11-05 at 9.04.54 PM.jpg

• Haha 8
  • Mic drop 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

Mario. The train that keeps on wrecking.

• Applause 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/22/2022 at 5:21 PM, The Kamikaze Kid said:

Mario. The train that keeps on wrecking.

Did we dodge one or what?

giphy.gif

• Haha 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

That Christmas gift aged very well. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I never cared for the U anyway-they deserve him LOL

• Thumbs Up 1

Maybe he should just punt on 1st down?

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Or call a time out before the game starts.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mario will probably improve, but I love seeing Canes fans gripe about him. They thought everything would be  rainbows and unicorns with him leading the team and they were quick to dismiss any Duck fan who told them otherwise. I also think it’s hilarious that they think firing Gattis after this season is a forgone conclusion. They already have threads going about who is going to replace him. I don’t think they understand how stubborn Mario is about the type of offense he wants to run.

Edited by DrJacksPlaidPants
  • Thumbs Up 1

We all saw this coming. At least Mario has that 80 million dollar contract so, like Willie before him, he’s going to come out of this doing just fine. What were the people in charge of his Miami hire thinking? It’s another thing for Oregon football lovers to be thankful for this Thanksgiving 🙏❤️🙏

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 11/22/2022 at 6:52 PM, 1Ducker1 said:

Maybe he should just punt on 1st down?

The comedian Steve Martin used to say that he'd have been a great football coach by keeping the other team guessing because he'd regularly punt on first down.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 11/22/2022 at 7:23 PM, Just Ducky said:

Or call a time out before the game starts.

In your very first game as Oregon head coach. 

How many college football head coaches can say that the very first play they called was a time out... before the game had even started. 

I will never-ever forget that. Talk about a bad omen. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I think I'll start sending the Miami athletic department a dozen red roses every year on the anniversary of when Mario announced he was leaving Oregon.

Edited by Desert Duck
  • Thumbs Up 1

AS I used to say on an old forum -to MC the 10 yard pass is a gimmick.

• Haha 1

Who knows, maybe he will land gracefully on his feet at FAU after they fire Willy!!

• Haha 1

He'll be fine, there is a ton of football talent in Florida and he'll get the right coaching staff. He's a relentless worker and a decent recruiter and I do think he will improve.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/22/2022 at 8:23 PM, Duckhart said:

he'll get the right coaching staff

A staff full of "Mini MariØ's"?

• Haha 1

This is kinda like how Seahawk fans feel about Russell.  The trade that keeps on getting more lopsided by the week in only the best of ways.  

They paid the Ducks to upgrade their coach and probably set their own program back for at least 5 years.  Yikes!

Screenshot_20221123-051735.png.c4bc3567116c52dca2bba88b59d0626c.png

... 'nuff said.

• Wow 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

With MariØ's legendary thick skin he will be just fine.

With how brilliant Phil Knight is I almost wonder if the contract he put in front of MariØ was just a good bye present. He knew MariØ was gone, and just wanted him to make a bit more money. Whatever happened Miami got what they wanted and deserved.

images.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1

Shows how Oregon gives coaches a great opportunity to win. Grass isn’t always greener…

• Thumbs Up 1

Seriously,  what did they expect 😆? We all tried to tell them. I just love the spin about how they just need to get the right players. You mean like an All Pro quarterback named Herbert?

Does anyone know how many have players have decided to transfer so far? I haven't really heard anything. 

• Thumbs Up 1

This year the portal is restricted to 60 days so very few players have publicly announced their intentions.  We will know more in a few weeks.

The transfer windows, which will go into effect in time for the 2022-23 season, will allow 60 days per year for athletes to enter the portal and maintain immediate eligibility for first-time transfers. For fall sports like football, the period will be split into two periods. The first, a 45-day period, will start the day after championship selections are made. A second window will be instituted from May 1-15 so players can enter the transfer portal after spring camp. 

• Thumbs Up 1

When given the opportunity to go to Miami was anyone surprised Mario took the ball and RAN with it?

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well, I am surprised he got so far...

On 11/22/2022 at 8:13 PM, Ktmguy2018 said:

Who knows, maybe he will land gracefully on his feet at FAU after they fire Willy!!

image.png.0d698432bf7a1d262eefbb77390d10a4.png

• Haha 3
  • Mic drop 1

On 11/22/2022 at 6:31 PM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

Mario will probably improve

Perhaps you are kidding but I haven't seen any sign of improvement.  Mario would have to first realize that HE is the problem on order to improve. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/24/2022 at 6:57 PM, OregonDucks said:

Perhaps you are kidding but I haven't seen any sign of improvement.  Mario would have to first realize that HE is the problem on order to improve. 

He’ll get some good recruiting classes, so the talent will be there. Miami will be better next year than they were this year.

• Thumbs Up 1

Here's Miami's season record...Be thankful your team doesn't have those numbers!

R we now to assume that Kenny Dillingham has now become, like Mario, fair game in the targeting business and anything goes about him as well?  No thanks.

On 11/27/2022 at 4:17 PM, Mic said:

R we now to assume that Kenny Dillingham has now become, like Mario, fair game in the targeting business and anything goes about him as well?  No thanks.

I have no animosity towards Kenny at all, at least until the time he takes some of our recruits and coaches.  It will be fun to see how he does.  He helped make us fun to watch again.

• Applause 2

If our Coordinators are not garnering attention, we have some staff to replace, IMHO.  That is a sign of good HC that is doing the right hiring.  Also allows growth within the program, to show their talents.  Not all will be successful but an chance is all anyone should expect.  Mario, enjoy Miami as Miami enjoys you.  No take backs Canes!

On 11/27/2022 at 4:17 PM, Mic said:

Absolutely! Let the Killing Ham roast begin!

Goodbye Dilling Sun Deviled Ham

On 11/22/2022 at 8:13 PM, Ktmguy2018 said:

And so it goes:

WWW.WPTV.COM

Willie Taggart has been fired as head coach at Florida Atlantic, just hours after the Owls capped their third consecutive five-win...

• Haha 2

On 11/27/2022 at 8:20 PM, Annie said:

And so it goes:

WWW.WPTV.COM

Willie Taggart has been fired as head coach at Florida Atlantic, just hours after the Owls capped their third consecutive five-win...

This does make you wonder if leaving Oregon the way he did might be something that haunts Willie T. late at night.  His meteoric rise peaked when he was at Oregon and started a long, winding descent after his departure to Fla. State only to continue downward since.  That's a tough thing for someone to have to face.  I take no pleasure from seeing his firing, nor will I if/when Mario get's let go at Miami as well.  But that's way too early to predict at this point.

Edited by Mic
  • Cool 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I know I know - not very gracious here, but who cares:  The failures of slick and Mario do help to soothe and heal my soul after Saturday.   Thank you, disloyal traitors.

Unfortunately, Dilly didn't learn.   ASU is such a snakepit now, I doubt a young inexperienced guy will make it there.   Not a smart move at all!

Edited by DuckFan93

On 11/28/2022 at 11:54 AM, DuckFan93 said:

Unfortunately, Dilly didn't learn.   ASU is such a snakepit now, I doubt a young inexperienced guy will make it there.   Not a smart move at all!

It's unfortunate (for Oregon) that Dillingham went to another Pac-12 school.  If he succeeds in rebuilding the Sun Devil's program and can build them into a national offensive power Oregon will have to deal with that as well as a re-emergent Washington and Oregon State.  But, that's football.

I wouldn't bet against Dillingham succeeding at ASU. They're roughly twice the size of Oregon and they have a lot of resources to invest in their sports programs. A winning program there and Oregon will find the recruiting more difficult in a state we've done very well in the past few seasons.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/28/2022 at 4:24 PM, Mic said:

I wouldn't bet against Dillingham succeeding at ASU. They're roughly twice the size of Oregon and they have a lot of resources to invest in their sports programs. A winning program there and Oregon will find the recruiting more difficult in a state we've done very well in the past few seasons.

Well, but aren't they under a ton of sanctions?   All coaches are on very short leash nowadays.  If he can't deliver in 2-3 yrs, his career will be over.  That's my bet at this point.

Edited by DuckFan93
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/29/2022 at 1:05 PM, DuckFan93 said:

Well, but aren't they under a ton of sanctions?   All coaches are on very short leash nowadays.  If he can't deliver in 2-3 yrs, his career will be over.  That's my bet at this point.

Yes, they are.  It won't be easy nor will it be quick like Lanning's transition here at Oregon.  I don't know many details about the program's status but I have to think Dillingham does know a lot more and must feel that he can succeed there anyway.  I mean, he's a pretty bright guy and with the success he had here at Oregon, ASU couldn't have been the only opportunity out there for him.  Time will tell, I guess.

I had a lot of confidence in Dilly at first but a lot of us knew what plays were coming in certain situations and, trust me, so did opposing coaches. If not for hiccups from Cameron Rising we could have lost our last three.

Dilly will make a lot of money and I can’t blame him for taking this job. He probably will be there 3 years win 4 or 5 games a season. I think back of some of those teams in the past with Woody Green, Roy Jefferson, Danny White and Ben Malone. Doubt if ASU will ever see that kind of talent again.

I wish Dilly luck but he has an uphill battle starting now.

• Thumbs Up 2

Somehow Miami convinced Van Dyke to return *COUGH COUGH nil COUGH*. It'll be interesting to see how he does next season. 

WWW.ON3.COM

Miami Hurricanes QB Tyler Van Dyke has informed the Miami Hurricanes that he will return in 2023 as Miami’s starting...

Mario is like the magic snake oil salesman - he can sell to anyone anytime.   Didn't they just sign a big-time recruit and are still ranked 7th for the 2023 class, despite this horror show of a season?  Amazing.

On 12/1/2022 at 4:24 PM, DuckFan93 said:

Didn't they just sign a big-time recruit and are still ranked 7th for the 2023 class, despite this horror show of a season?

Yes, and Jimbo bought the number 1 class last year. Money doesn't buy a team. Money buys players. There's a HUGE difference.

• Great post! 1

Several recruiting four stars n this list.

Van Dyke must know that they’re changing OC’s. However, If they don’t fire Gattis by the end of the week then they’re probably keeping him. His buyout drops tomorrow and Mario needs to get to hiring somebody.

Edited by DrJacksPlaidPants

On 12/1/2022 at 5:33 PM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

Van Dyke must know that they’re changing OC’s. However, If they don’t fire Gattis by the end of the week then they’re probably keeping him. His buyout drops tomorrow and Mario needs to get to hiring somebody.

They are going to fire the 2021 Broyles Award winner, and that will fix it all. Yea that makes complete sense. Top assistant at another program becomes incompetent when he becomes an assistant under MariØ, hmmmmm.

Last years excuse went 7-5 with the Zips, and is probably happier than ever.

72unyz.jpg

On 11/22/2022 at 10:38 PM, Desert Duck said:

I think I'll start sending the Miami athletic department a dozen red roses every year on the anniversary of when Mario announced he was leaving Oregon.

Aren't peonies usually preferred for funerals?

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mario was mentioned in a category for the most disappointing first year coach on ESPN College Gameday.

On 12/3/2022 at 7:01 AM, duckncover said:

Aren't peonies usually preferred for funerals?

You make a most excellent point. Thank you.

On 11/27/2022 at 9:09 PM, Mic said:

This does make you wonder if leaving Oregon the way he did might be something that haunts Willie T. late at night.  His meteoric rise peaked when he was at Oregon and started a long, winding descent after his departure to Fla. State only to continue downward since.  That's a tough thing for someone to have to face.  I take no pleasure from seeing his firing, nor will I if/when Mario get's let go at Miami as well.  But that's way too early to predict at this point.

Although the way Taggaert left Oregon left a sour taste, I can’t blame coaches (or anyone else) for chasing their dream jobs, most at their alma mater. 

I would be much more concerned if Oregon coaches were taking laterals to schools they didn’t have any affiliation with. Even Chip left for the NFL. 

The fact that none of them have had success after leaving, while Oregon continues to roll, highlights the strength and advantages of the program. Coaching AT OREGON sets coaches up for success. 

• Applause 1