Duck 1972

Quaaaack: Gernorris Wilson, OL, is a Duck!

Gernorris Wilson FL OL just committed. A late riser who came for his 1st visit against Utah. Klemm again.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/23/2022 at 5:57 PM, Duck 1972 said:

Gernorris Wilson FL OL just committed. A late riser who came for his 1st visit against Utah. Klemm again.

WWW.ON3.COM

Oregon has landed a commitment from offensive lineman Gernorris Wilson out...

Gernorris Wilson Commits to Oregon

Adrian Klemm adds his fifth offensive lineman in 2023.

Wilson was on campus last weekend for the Utah game, and it looks like that's

when the Ducks were able to seal the deal on this recruitment.

A Rivals 3-Star with good upside...

Gernorris Wilson, Lakeland, Offensive Line

• Wow 1

Mr. FishDuck

How many scholarships does Oregon have this cycle? It seems like there are a lot more potential commits than there are open scholarships.

On 11/23/2022 at 7:36 PM, Chuck Duck said:

How many scholarships does Oregon have this cycle? It seems like there are a lot more potential commits than there are open scholarships.

You are no longer restricted to 25 a year; because of portal transfers--you can sign as many HS, JC or portal players as you want, but cannot go over the 85 scholarships in total allowed.  We have 23 verbals currently...

OREGON.RIVALS.COM

The definitive source for all Oregon news.

Mr. FishDuck

On 11/23/2022 at 10:36 PM, Chuck Duck said:

Hi Chuck Duck. I had posted an article, 'Mass Chaos:' FBS Staffers on Expectations of 2023 Transfer Portal Cycle, that deals with this topic. This is one of the rule changes the article talks about.

On 11/23/2022 at 7:36 PM, Chuck Duck said:

Probably going to be a topic for the off-season; but, the bigger question may be -- to bring in a bigger class should we be expecting a fairly sizable group entering the portal? I can't see how the answer isn't yes?

I count the Ducks hitting 85 starting the season and with 23 additions, that's will be up to 108.

I count 11 guys who have no more eligibility (Cota, Chapman, McCormick, Battles, Bass, Walk, Aumavae-Laulu, Forsyth, DJ, Riley, and Bennett Williams -- I think Chapman might be able to get another year if he chooses but we'll keep him here for now). Seven leaving also adds a spot to get to 12.

I've got 4 more names of guys who more than likely will go into the draft (Nix, Gonzalez, Sewell, Dorlus). Popo and Casey Rogers likely will have the option of return, for the sake of the calculation, we'll say one of the two returns (I think guys right now like Flowe, Jones, and Funa, guys who might have been thinking draft, look more likely than not to return).

That's 108-17=91. Right now that is 6 over.

The Ducks appear to be in good shape with Fano (OL) and Bowens (DL) and both probably would be automatic takes. There are probably at least 5 guys who the staff appears to really be after who would also be automatic takes: Hicks, Proctor, Robinson, Uiagalelei, and Pleasant. It doesn't appear the Ducks clearly currently lead but assume there are at least 3 more commits by LOI day (there may be another WR mixed in as well so 3 seems safe).

That gets it back to 9 over. I am gonna assume the staff brings in at least 5 portal guys (could be more?). That brings it back to 14.

I've been on other forums where there is speculation about guys who might be in the "likely portal group" (I don't want to go there); but, I can probably think of maybe 4 names that make some sense? So, I would say we are looking at as many as 14 probable departures among scholarship guys (who could return) and possibly as many as 10 who aren't fairly obvious candidates. Again, an interesting spring. My math maybe off, or I'm forgetting someone, or possibly not understanding it correctly, but that's what the numbers are looking like to me?

Edited by AnotherOD
  • Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Wrestlers. Never ever sleep on them. This kid will be better than his star rating. Cheers.

• Thanks 1

New Oregon OL commit Gernorris Wilson talks about his decision to play for the Ducks

“As my senior season is winding down it’s time to get focused and lock in on my future since I will be an early enrollee.”

247SPORTS.COM

Oregon has the 247Sports Composite’s No. 11 recruiting class with Lakeland (Fla.) High offensive tackle Gernorris Wilson the latest...

This young man at 6'5" 280 with wrestler agility has zero bad weight. In a Klemm system and Oregon weight program he'll add 25# of solid mass to an already impressive frame. Great get for the Ducks.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I think my worries about what would happen after this year's graduation of O-linemen moved on to the next level are being addressed.  Oh, yea of little faith, says my inner conscience ...Klemm seems to have a clear plan.

Solid get!  Now Klemm will pull in either Fano or Proctor (maybe even both) and we're set up on the OL for the next 3+ years.  

Boy what a great start to the Holidays. Now get OL Fanno and/or Proctor,  DL Hicks and Ugalliee, and DB Pleasant. Beat the Beavs and Trojans and make it the Bestest Holidays Ever.

Reminds me of my childhood. Thankful I can still remember. Getting long in the tooth but still loving OBD and always will.

Go Ducks Fly High!