McDuck

Dillingham Gone?

It amazes me how often the truth gets leaked. 

If it's true, next man up...

Curious how this will affect our recruiting class.  Due to the offensive scheme.  Wow.  Thought he would stay at least one more year.

College football is awesome but some parts of the modern era not so good. We give a coach very good money and he does one year and out. Zero loyalty.

If we don't make the Rose Bowl may have some key players opt out of the game. Used to be you went to a bowl game all the players showed up and it was a good time for everybody. Oh well ... not much you can do.

Give a 32 year old an incredible offer and contract to be the head coach at his Alma mater, and get to go home to the town you grew up in, and guess what?

The guy is going to be gone. This would be about least big surprise in the history of surprises.

Edited by Desert Duck

Yes hard to say no to it. Make a ton of money and even if you are not a good HC you still have guaranteed money. Hopefully no recruits follow him and ASU continues to suck.

I hate to see Kenny D. leave but I believe he can be replaced. The Ducks have very good players on their offensive roster and many OC's would love to coach them. I honestly think a solid defensive coordinator is harder to come by and more valuable.

• Thumbs Up 2

I think the offensive philosophy is a Dan n Dilly hybrid. Dilly wasn't a 45 points a game play caller before UO and probably won't be after he leaves. To me, the guys he got to coach here are the biggest part of his success. I think the offensive design has been established and the next OC will most likely be asked to call plays, add some parts to this offensive plan, coach QBs and recruit his arse off.

Don't know how this effects Moore's commitment but the offense in general should still look the same next year.

Did he bother to take the bus back to Eugene?  

Probably an unknowable but one has to wonder how much the prospect of working at ASU colored/impacted his approach over the last three games.  It's hard compartmentalizing that sort of thing.  

I admit to archaic views but I don't believe you should be finalizing your next gig when you should be focused on the most important part of the season.  How much of the players lack of focus goes back to the example set by Mr. Dillingham?

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Lanning can get another good OC.  The bigger issue is Tosh.  It will be interesting to see how Lanning handles that.  

It's funny how Taggart can go 7-5 and FSU just has to have him. Mario manages to win a Rose Bowl with Herbert as QB and Miami breaks out an $80 mil 10 year contract. Dilly literally calls a few good games at UO and is offered a head coaching job. Seems like they are all way over reacting to the success coaches can achieve at UO. The coaches may leave but the UO magic stays at Autzen.

No...you sell yourself as something magic and get a multi-million dollar contract that sets you and your family up for life.  And you don't even have to win!

Try your best, get fired, take the buy-out and laugh to the bank.

We dis Taggart, but he got 17 million to leave Florida State....whew!

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 11/26/2022 at 9:31 PM, Charles Fischer said:

No...you sell yourself as something magic and get a multi-million dollar contract that sets you and your family up for life.  And you don't even have to win!

Try your best, get fired, take the buy-out and laugh to the bank.

We dis Taggart, but he got 17 million to leave Florida State....whew!

I think you're on to something. 1. Coach at UO. 2. Let UO success build your buzz. 3. Let desperate team open the bank vault to get you to save them. 4. Sign top dollar contract. 5. Fail spectacularly. 6. Enjoy early retirement.

• Thumbs Up 2