Duckdude

Worse Loss

I think FishDuck will remember this: wasn’t there an even worse/even More impossible loss?  An Away game vs. Cal?  At Cal?  I think it was during the Belotti era: The Ducks were up 40-0, and ended up losing 41-40?  Anyone remember this earlier fiasco in Duck football history?

Edited by Duckdude

I remember the game in general but not the details.  I think it garnered a NCAA record for biggest collapse.

The Ducks have the record for biggest collapse in a bowl game, so this is par for the course.

TO  battle Ducks 3/0

Tot yards Ducks by 152

T of P Ducks by10 minutes.

First downs Ducks 26/19

Passing yards Ducks 327/ 60.

Pretty hard to loose with those numbers. But our coaching staff managed to do it.

We loss to an underrated team, in a rivalry game, at their house. We didn't lose to a team we should have crushed.

We also have a top recruiting class, along with a very good chance at winning a bowl game.

If you had told me we would be 9-3, didn't lose to anyone we shouldn't have at the start of the season, I would have taken that.

I am also excited to see many components of what I value as an Oregon fan. I think the future is extremely bright, as long as Lanning is our head coach.

Tonight the better team won, congrats to the beavs. 

Alamo Bowl loss to TCU.

Good gosh, are we really going to wallow in negative?  This loss was bad....so how bad was it?  Let's think about other bad losses!

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Mr. FishDuck

Sorry but had no business losing to UW or OSU.. Both loses to teams we should have beat... looking back this is going to be a year where we could have gotten into a wide open CFP but choked it... so not real excited about the Holiday Bowl or whatever bowl the 1st or 2nd loser of the Pac12 gets... 

I was at that game as a student and I remember it as a great win...

Today was pretty bad all told (clearly).  The Ducks' Achille's Heel, their defense, really bit them today.  There is no way they should have lost that game.  Up 17 to start the 4th quarter against a team that cannot throw the ball and, in fact, did not throw the ball once in their last 5 possessions.  

Lanning needs to really knuckle down this offseason and get this fixed.   Not sure how else to put it.