Jemangi

Oregon's 5-Star QB Verbal, Dante Moore, is GONE?

I read somewhere a bit ago that Dante Moore has removed his Oregon commitment from his Instagram.

No surprise, if true, but could cost us more offense recruitments Id guess if a fact.

Anyone know more than me?

I think we need a high end OC asap!!

• Wow 1

This is still on his Instagram front page:

Screenshot_20221128-103148.png

• Thumbs Up 2

His mother (below) wrote this recently....

Jelly Beans1.jpg

In case you do not believe she is his mother....  (below)

Jelly Beans2.jpg

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

On 11/28/2022 at 10:42 AM, Charles Fischer said:

His mother (below) wrote this recently....

Jelly Beans1.jpg

In case you do not believe she is his mother....  (below)

Jelly Beans2.jpg

Great!  Thanks Charles

Ever notice how many of the young men ending up at Oregon have seemingly outstanding support from their PARENTS?

Let's go, DUCKS!

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yes, thanks Charles, No more rumors, Dante is coming to the U of O. I can't wait for signing day and too get Dante and family on campus as a big part of the Great Ducks future. 

I'm sure his Mom has paid attention to what Bo has done this year and what our two all time greats Justin and Marcus have been able to do at the next level. 

I know that Marcus hasn't had the greatest numbers, but there is a reason that his Head Coach is staying with him! 

My guess and it is only a guess, but I think Dante's Mom cares as much about what kind of person he grows into. 

That show of faith deserves the best OC/QB coach we can get.  Could be a great win-win partnership for a 5* and new OC that can make the most of each other.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ah, the internet...

• Applause 1

It appears Miami forum fans think Dante has removed his commitment due to that instagram, and they are likely his next choice, and have a good chance to land him..  Talk about delusional.  Even if he were to leave, with all his offers, why would they thinkthey have any chance of getting Dante come to play Mari-no O ball?  I think they lost Rashada for that very reason.

• Haha 1

Dante himself said he was coming to Oregon AFTER he found out Dilly was leaving.  That alone should put rumors to rest.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

The fact that the kid changes his mind because there becomes some shake up in the school he originally choose should not surprise anyone.  You hope they see the school, the HC or coaches and the program and fan support is outstanding.  Oregon speaks for itself and its reach is global.  Dan Lanning will find a competent teacher of young men to lead the offense.  The issues on defense will be addressed.  Go Ducks!

• Let’s hope! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Lanning was not caught off guard by the Dillingham hire. The two had talked it out and it was clear that Dillingham was going to go to ASU if they offered. I am sure Dillingham and Lanning both talked to Moore a couple weeks ago about the possibility. 

Lanning also has a short list of new OCs and has probably communicated something about his vision for the offense to Moore as well. 

The other big thing is that Dillingham and Lanning are actually friends out of respect for that friendship I would imagine that Dillingham isn't looking to outright sabotage Lanning right now. Not saying he is going to go out of his way to help Lanning but among coaching circles showing each other some respect goes a long way. There is a reason why Lanning didn't just leave Georgia after being hired by Oregon, he finished his year with Georgia first.

ASU is a major rebuild... and in reality here I really doubt there is much real overlap between recruits that Oregon and ASU are going after right now realistically.  

• Thumbs Up 4

Max Torres' Take: How Does Kenny Dillingham's Departure Affect Oregon Football Recruiting?

Now that the Ducks are looking for a new offensive coordinator for the second straight year,

let's take a look at how Kenny Dillingham's departure could affect Oregon on the recruiting trail.

• Thumbs Up 1

A guy could sit up nights worrying about all this s_it if he weren't careful  Dante will come if he comes and not if he doesn't.  There's nothing fans can do but wait and see.  Besides, who knows?  He could be another enigma like our other 5-star QB who is still yet to show anyone why he rated 5 stars in the 1st place.  Getting a good replacement for Dillingham is far more important than another QB recruit, imo.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 11/28/2022 at 4:40 PM, Mic said:

A guy could sit up nights worrying about all this s_it if he weren't careful  

I've been there when I was a younger man.  It will make you sick if you let it!!  It will be what it will be.

I blame Al Gore and his dastardly internet creation!  😂

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 1