Pennsylvania Duck

Ducks Who Are NFL Bound

Both Sewell and Gonzalez are going to the NFL, I'd be shocked if they didn't. 

Justin Flowe needs at minimum 1 more season before he even thinks about the NFL, he's got the physical tools but his instincts and football IQ are a work in progress.

Bo is probably gone as well, though it would be a small but very welcome surprise if it opts to return.  He's a gamer and I bet the way the season ended the last few weeks really sticks in his craw, which might provide some incentive to come back.

Gonzalez and Nix are the biggest holes to fill, I don't see anyone on the roster currently that can replace that same level of production for either.

• Thumbs Up 1

Gonzalez has nothing else to prove at the college level.  In every game I watched the announcers discussed his transition to the next level and why he will be valuable.  He was absolutely a diamond of a get for Oregon this  year.  A talent like him is hard to replace.  There ARE some talented DB's in the portal if DL wants to go that way.

Sewell didn't have the best year but depending on what draft site you look at it, he is still projected as a late first rounder.  He probably goes.  I would be 100% certain if he had matched or exceeded last years production.  From ESPN: 

image.thumb.png.5d426bb2a1c8191194e75153a5f2a666.png

I would also add Dorlus, DJ Johnson, maybe Ware-Hudson, and most of the offensive line to that list.

When Gonzalez leaves, this is the CB room (at the moment)

CB room (at this moment) when this happens…

Dontae Manning
Jahlil Florence
Khamari Terrell
Darren Barkins
Jalil Tucker
Avante Dickerson
Caleb Presley
Cole Martin
Collin Gill 

Gonzalez will be hard to replace but I've been impressed with Dontae Manning and Jahlil Florence.  Obviously, they will need to work on their technique and get more reps to continue to develop to their potential.  I'm sure that having Gonzalez around was extremely beneficial to the young CBs this year.  They saw what a top college CB does in film study, in practice, etc. to get ready to play on Saturdays.

It would also help the secondary if the defensive line could get more/any pressure on the QB.  We also need to upgrade the safety position, IMHO.

Oregon CB Christian Gonzalez projected inside top-10 of latest 2023 NFL Mock Draft

Dane Brugler of The Athletic released his first version of an NFL Mock Draft on Wednesday,

and with the No. 9 overall pick, he projects the Las Vegas Raiders to take Gonzalez.

The former three-star safety out of Texas, Gonzalez, is mocked as the first cornerback

off the board and the first Pac-12 player off the board.

247SPORTS.COM

The Ducks' regular season is over, and as they await to hear what bowl game they'll be playing in come mid-to-late December, mock...

Oregon Ducks' CB Christian Gonzalez declares for NFL Draft

On Sunday morning, Ducks’ standout cornerback Christian Gonzalez officially declared for the NFL Draft,

ending his career at Oregon after just one season.

Gonzalez has seen his name rise up the NFL draft boards after this stellar season in Eugene, and is projected

as a top-10 draft pick in some areas, and a sure-fire first-round pick nearly everywhere.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Christian Gonzalez will be leaving the Ducks after one season, declaring for the NFL Draft.

• Thanks 1

Oregon’s DJ Johnson declares for the NFL draft

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Oregon linebacker DJ Johnson has made it official that he will indeed opt out of the Holiday Bowl and declare for the NFL draft.

Oregon CB Christian Gonzalez lands in first round according to recent 2023 NFL Mock Draft

Oregon CB Christian Gonzalez continues to make waves in NFL draft circles as he remains a projected first-round draft pick.

In ESPN's most recent mock draft from Jordan Reid, Gonzalez falls to No. 21 to the Jacksonville Jaguars

to help provide impact potential in the secondary for the fringe playoff team.

"Tyson Campbell is a budding star at cornerback, but the Jaguars have struggled to find consistency on the other side,"

said Reid on Gonzalez's draft position.

247SPORTS.COM

Oregon CB Christian Gonzalez continues to make waves in NFL draft circles as he remains a projected first-round draft pick. In...

Oregon Ducks defensive tackle Jordon Riley accepts invite to NFLPA Collegiate Bowl

WWW.OREGONLIVE.COM

Riley, who had a career-high 21 tackles with 1.5 for loss and a pass breakup this season, accepted an invitation to the NFLPA Collegiate Bowl scheduled for Jan. 28 (3 p.m., NFL Network) at the Rose Bowl.

WATCH Pac-12 Networks: Christian Gonzalez's top plays from 2022

PAC-12.COM

Christian Gonzalez had a huge impact on Oregon's defense in his lone season with the Ducks. Gonzalez intercepted four passes...

Sewell in the 3rd round?  Whew!

Noah Sewel Pre-Game2 by J3P.jpg

Mr. FishDuck

Seems about right.  He was initially a 1st round pick before the 2022 season was played.

Mock Draft Roundup: Where Christian Gonzalez, Noah Sewell, other Ducks are projected to go

For the Oregon Ducks, there are a number of players who will likely get drafted or sign undrafted free-agent

contracts, headlined by cornerback Christian Gonzalez, who is expected to be selected in the first round.

There are also guys like LB Noah Sewell, DE D.J. Johnson, and OL Alex Forsyth, among others, who are

expected to hear their names called as well.

Here is a mock draft roundup, showing where the top Oregon players are projected to land this spring:

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

It’s mock draft season, and there are far too many to keep track of. We did the hard work for you. Check out where the top Ducks are...

Gonzo is a 1st rounder in every mock I've seen.

On 2/4/2023 at 3:00 PM, Jon Joseph said:

Gonzo is a 1st rounder in every mock I've seen.

I'm hoping the Eagles get him as per this mock draft out yesterday!

• Like 1