FishDuck Article

Three Additional Candidates to Become the Next Ducks Offensive Coordinator

By now it’s not news to any of you that Coach Kenny Dillingham has become the new head coach of the Arizona State Sun Devils, making him the youngest HC in the FBS. That is a huge feat, and I wish him good luck in this new chapter of his career. With that said, it’s time to take a look ...

FISHDUCK.COM

By now it's not news to any of you that Coach Kenny Dillingham has become the new head coach of the Arizona State Sun Devils, making...
  • Thumbs Up 3

Two Sites: FishDuck and the Our Beloved Ducks forum, The only "Forum with Decorum!" And All-Volunteer? What a wonderful community of Duck fans!

Chad Morris is the surest way to get Bo to leave early. He started Bo’s downward trend at Auburn his Sophomore year.

Another 3 intriguing candidates out there to think about.  Thank you Coach Boles for showing us there are other coaches who are capable of providing an exciting offense.

• Like 1

I was surprised I didn't see Brady on the list yesterday. He wouldn't be here long, but that could be an exciting ride. 

The one ingredient the Ducks have never had, the elite receiver, is now on the roster and lining up to get on the roster. The Duck offense is set to take off to greater heights, yet seen.

For Duck fans this choice is going to be like a Christmas present one can't play with until next fall. It will provide plenty to ponder, and Brady could create a day after Christmas feel for months to come.

• Like 1

On 11/29/2022 at 9:03 AM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

Chad Morris is the surest way to get Bo to leave early. He started Bo’s downward trend at Auburn his Sophomore year.

You could be right, I don’t know what the relationship between the two was like. But I do find it difficult to place the blame on Morris. He was only OC for a year during the Covid season, under a HC who is in full control of the offense.

But there’s always the possibility that there are issues that I’m unaware of. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd take Chad Morris! That's another Vet OC. He was at Clemson with Dabo as he built the program up.

I'm aware some don't think much of him and want to tie him to Bo Nix's performance at Auburn hos sophomore year. The fact is Bo wasn't good under all three of his OCs, including Dilly. Bo's passer rating is up around 40 points this year and he is throwing for 2 yards per pas more the last I looked. If anyone gets blame it a combo of HC Gus Malzahn's system, and Bo being immature.

Morris art Clemson had Taj Boyd as his QB and he put up around 10,000 career yards and over 100 TDs. He also was able to recruit Deshawn Watson to Clemson.

I wonder if we could even get Brady to consider coming west? He seems SE type guy.

Edited by DazeNconfused
  • Like 1

Good read, Coach. Thanks for sharing your ideas. While we don't know whether there's any interest in either direction among these three, I think they would each make a more reasonable hire at OC for the Ducks than some of the other names that have been thrown out in the past few days.

It'll be interesting to follow how this all unfolds from here.

• Like 1

On 11/29/2022 at 9:38 AM, Haywarduck said:

I was surprised I didn't see Brady on the list yesterday. He wouldn't be here long, but that could be an exciting ride. 

The one ingredient the Ducks have never had, the elite receiver, is now on the roster and lining up to get on the roster. The Duck offense is set to take off to greater heights, yet seen.

For Duck fans this choice is going to be like a Christmas present one can't play with until next fall. It will provide plenty to ponder, and Brady could create a day after Christmas feel for months to come.

My one nitpick with Brady’s offense is the run game. It’s predominantly inside zone, and after Dillingham, I’d like to stay with the larger variety of run concepts. 

He could always implement the run game that’s already here into his offense, but what he did at LSU worked. And if it works, it works. 

On 11/29/2022 at 11:12 AM, DazeNconfused said:

I'd take Chad Morris! That's another Vet OC. He was at Clemson with Dabo as he built the program up.

I'm aware some don't think much of him and want to tie him to Bo Nix's performance at Auburn hos sophomore year. The fact is Bo wasn't good under all three of his OCs, including Dilly. Bo's passer rating is up around 40 points this year and he is throwing for 2 yards per pas more the last I looked. If anyone gets blame it a combo of HC Gus Malzahn's system, and Bo being immature.

Morris art Clemson had Taj Boyd as his QB and he put up around 10,000 career yards and over 100 TDs. He also was able to recruit Deshawn Watson to Clemson.

I wonder if we could even get Brady to consider coming west? He seems SE type guy.

I think Morris is an exceptional OC, and the fact that his offense is from the same tree as Dillingham’s would make the transition smoother. 

And I don’t know what the chances of Brady going to Oregon would be, but it’s worth the call. 

Also, this list is in no particular order. It was also a bit longer until I shaved it down right before writing. 

Mack Leftwich’s Incarnate Word offense is scoring 53 points per game.

Andy Kotelnicki’s Kansas offense is very creative, but he’s not a QB coach. Whether that last part matters or not depends on who you ask.

Good gosh, I did not know about a few of these guys, and great research!  Pretty great candidates!

Mr. FishDuck

How about Chris Miller - former Duck QB? He has coaching experience and is a winner; also has Oregon roots, which hopefully provides a higher probability that he doesn't bolt to those dream jobs in either Florida or Arizona...

• Thumbs Up 1

Texas A&M just let go Darrell Dickey

Edited by kirklandduck

On 11/29/2022 at 7:40 PM, OceaniaDuck said:

How about Chris Miller - former Duck QB? He has coaching experience and is a winner; also has Oregon roots, which hopefully provides a higher probability that he doesn't bolt to those dream jobs in either Florida or Arizona...

Not a bad choice.  But at 57 he'd be 20 years Lanning's senior and that's essentially a whole generation of difference.  He'd certainly be loyal - if he still wants to live the rest of his career in Eugene,  Personally, I like the idea of a younger mind with new perspectives and who can relate to the players easier.

• Applause 1

• Thumbs Up 1

Outside of a playoff caliber teams OC, with the offensive success UO had under Lanning in year one, I'd think he could get pretty much anybody he wants.

Why haven't we heard yet. The info I read is they knew Dilly was gone a week to two weeks ago. Shouldn't we have a name by now?

On 12/1/2022 at 12:10 PM, Duck 1972 said:

Why haven't we heard yet. The info I read is they knew Dilly was gone a week to two weeks ago. Shouldn't we have a name by now?

They may have one, but are waiting for that person's team to finish playing their games, out of respect for the team (something ASU couldn't be bothered with) or the individual's wishes.  Just my guess.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Boy to me if you can get Brady to Eugene then that's a no brainer. I would love to see that happen. 

Brady had honestly not been on my radar, but would certainly be an intriguing possibility.