Pennsylvania Duck

Transfer Portal: A Listing of Ducks Who Have Entered

This thread will list Ducks as they enter the transfer portal. Check back for updates.

• Oh no! 1

Oregon RB Byron Cardwell Jr. announces that he will enter the transfer portal

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Oregon Ducks RB Byron Cardwell Jr. has announced that he will enter the transfer portal.

• Oh no! 1

Oregon WR Seven McGee intends to enter the portal

He is currently listed as "Intends to enter Portal" on Portal Tracker

PORTAL.RIVALS.COM

Oregon WR Seven McGee, a former Rivals250 prospect, will enter the transfer portal

• Oh no! 1

😬

Edited by Mic

I wonder if any of the guys are leaving as the best player in the room? Gonzo left Colorado so he could showcase his talent on a more competitive team, and I imagine wanted to win.

The players I am seeing leaving Oregon didn't get to see the field enough. It seems to me we are getting spots opening up so Lanning can upgrade, get players who fit his idea of best for his type of football.

The next step will be who does Lanning get to fill the spots. Interesting times, and I do wish all the best to every Duck who wants to find a better program for their skill set.

Progress in this age of the transfer portal. We do seem to be on the side of bringing in better players, creating a more competitive roster. Some teams see an exodus of talent, not Oregon so far.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 12/1/2022 at 5:53 PM, Haywarduck said:

I wonder if any of the guys are leaving as the best player in the room? Gonzo left Colorado so he could showcase his talent on a more competitive team, and I imagine wanted to win.

The players I am seeing leaving Oregon didn't get to see the field enough. It seems to me we are getting spots opening up so Lanning can upgrade, get players who fit his idea of best for his type of football.

The next step will be who does Lanning get to fill the spots. Interesting times, and I do wish all the best to every Duck who wants to find a better program for their skill set.

Progress in this age of the transfer portal. We do seem to be on the side of bringing in better players, creating a more competitive roster. Some teams see an exodus of talent, not Oregon so far.

Thornton is the only guy who left looking to showcase his talent. He wants to be WR1 and get the majority of the targets. He’s overshadowed by Franklin on this team. Butterfield and Cardwell could be starters in the right situation. They just couldn’t get playing time at Oregon. McGee and Stinson will probably be situational players somewhere else. Some of these guys would do good to drop down to a G5 team.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/1/2022 at 2:53 PM, Haywarduck said:

The only departure thus far that is a loss IMO, is Thornton. He is a skilled receiver and likely would have had an expanded role next year. But between the high end WR recruits coming in and perhaps one more thru the portal, I think Oregon will be fine.

DL and Coach Meat gave Gonzo the opportunity to shine nationally as a lock down corner. He may not have been a first rounder and top ten prospect had he stayed at Colorado. Great decision all around. I would anticipate another good DB will see that sucess and come in via the portal. 

I agree that Swinson looked like he had a great future after the Ohio State game last year. He dropped off the radar some after KT came back and this season just never got beyond playing with the 2s and 3s. Hopefully he will land somewhere he can play.

Perhaps one of the 4-5☆ edge players that Oregon is still in the running for was close enough to committing to sway Swinson's decision. 2022 Oregon target Elijah Jeudy is leaving TA&M and could have been a factor, or someone unknown as yet to us fans.

Either way, the portal giveth and the portal taketh away. I think DL and staff will find players that fill in the gaps and importantly, want to come be Ducks.

On 12/1/2022 at 3:23 PM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

Thornton is the only guy who left looking to showcase his talent. He wants to be WR1 and get the majority of the targets. He’s overshadowed by Franklin on this team. Butterfield and Cardwell could be starters in the right situation. They just couldn’t get playing time at Oregon. McGee and Stinson will probably be situational players somewhere else. Some of these guys would do good to drop down to a G5 team.

Absolutely loved Thornton's measurables, and hope he can turn those into NFL type productivity. Maybe it was just me, but his hands were somewhat suspect. Seldom did I see him make a clean catch, or hold the ball strongly. Franklin is money with the ball anywhere close to his hands.

If he works on those skills he could be lights out, or he can just be another guy who was a china doll. Looked good on the shelf, but not functional.

• Thumbs Up 2

I know a lot of the portal entries are not scholarship players but if accurate these numbers are still eye opening.

• Wow 1

PODCAST: Getting you prepared for the Oregon Transfer Portal Plays

The NCAA Transfer Portal window will open on December 5th and for the next

45 days college football players can look to find a new school to play for.

We've already seen Oregon players announce they'll be leaving the program on Monday.

How do those decisions impact Oregon? What positions will Oregon look at?

What FCS transfers and FBS transfers should be of interest for Oregon?

Autzen Audibles Podcast with Matt Prehm, Erik Skopil, and Jared Mack

247SPORTS.COM

The NCAA Transfer Portal window will open on December 5th and for the next 45 days college football players can look to find a...

Oregon OL Bram Walden decides to enter NCAA Transfer Portal

Oregon redshirt freshman offensive lineman Bram Walden has become the sixth player

to enter the transfer portal. Walden's entry was announced on Saturday via his Instagram.

247SPORTS.COM

Oregon redshirt freshman offensive lineman Bram Walden has become the __th player to enter the transfer portal. Walden's entry...

From the Crepea article  "A four-star prospect out of Scottsdale, Ariz., Walden was ranked No. 85 overall and No. 10 among offensive tackles in the 2021 recruiting class. He’s the seventh member of that class to leave the program."

Glancing at the 247 rankings the seven transfers were all listed in the top twelve.  So much for a top ten recruiting class.

My dog just entered the portal. 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 12/4/2022 at 2:20 PM, VegasDuck said:

What's his QBR?...

• Haha 1

Brandon Buckner

Oregon EDGE player Brandon Buckner latest to announce intent to enter portal

247SPORTS.COM

Oregon EDGE player Brandon Buckner latest to announce intent to enter portal

On 12/4/2022 at 3:20 PM, VegasDuck said:

Is he a pit bull by chance?

• Haha 1

Terrell Tilmon entering portal as Outside Linebacker

Terrell Tilmon becomes latest Duck to enter transfer portal

247SPORTS.COM

Oregon sophomore tight end Terrell Tilmon has become the __th player to enter the transfer portal. Tilmon's entry was announced...

Landing did say he was going to be honest with players…

BREAKING: Oregon LB Justin Flowe will enter the transfer portal

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Oregon’s former 5-star LB Justin Flowe will enter the transfer portal. Flowe played only 21% of defensive snaps this season.

Question--do the portal entries play in the bowl game?  Are they treated like seniors and participate even though they won't be here next year or do they say thanks and cut them loose?  Fall term is over by the Holiday Bowl kickoff so Oregon has no obligation as I understand the rules.

On 12/5/2022 at 2:43 PM, McDuck said:

Question--do the portal entries play in the bowl game?  Are they treated like seniors and participate even though they won't be here next year or do they say thanks and cut them loose?  Fall term is over by the Holiday Bowl kickoff so Oregon has no obligation as I understand the rules.

I Googled the question and the answer I got back was this:

•  
  • The NCAA football transfer portal opens on Monday and several players familiar to Oregon fans
  • are expected to be entering their names with the goal of joining another program for next season.
  • The Oregon players who enter the portal won't play in the Ducks' upcoming bowl game, which will
  • be announced Sunday afternoon.
Edited by Pennsylvania Duck

these guys dont realize how risky the portal is.  Most of them will end up at lower level schools.  Thats fine, but its not going to be what they think it is

Flowe is going to get Paid......alot! U$C??!!

Not throwing shade, but regardless of the star rating, observation suggests that some of these guys are going to be "addition by subtraction".

Lots of potential, but lacking productivity or, in some cases, self control at critical junctures.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 12/5/2022 at 12:21 PM, 1Funduck said:

Flowe is going to get Paid......alot! U$C??!!

Especially when you figure he'll be kicked out for at least one half for every game. He'll make great money for the actual time played.

• Thumbs Up 1

Most of the guys transferring out of Oregon were not getting a lot of playing time.  Yes, it stinks we won't have them for the bowl game or have them there for continuation, but if they don't fit the system, they don't fit the system.

• Applause 1

Oregon EDGE player Jabril McNeill throws name into portal

247SPORTS.COM

Oregon EDGE player Jabril McNeill throws name into portal

The Portal has reached a thousand and the Day i isn't over!

PODCAST: Justin Flowe and others enter Transfer Portal; Names to know for Oregon transfer targets

This podcast recaps the first day of the Portal as it relates to the Ducks...

247SPORTS.COM

The Oregon Ducks have seen 11 scholarship players enter the NCAA Transfer Portal as the recruiting window has opened...

On 12/1/2022 at 5:04 PM, McDuck said:

I know a lot of the portal entries are not scholarship players but if accurate these numbers are still eye opening.

An easy trend to see: '19-20: 4700 to TP, in '20-21 it was 6250  and in '21-22 it was 8200.  (Last year, about 40% placed. )  This means we can possibly expect almost 10,000 players to enter the portal?  Holy Cow!  There are only 132 CFP teams (if I have my numbers right?) so there must be a heck of a lot of lower Division teams losing a lot of players to the Portal.  Talk about fluid.

On 12/4/2022 at 2:20 PM, VegasDuck said:

Can he tackle? The Ducks could use him.

• Cool 1

Oregon RB Sean Dollars will enter the transfer portal

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Sean Dollars is headed to the transfer portal. Dollars entered the portal last offseason but decided to return to the Ducks.

• Oh no! 1

This posting is more for your interest since he wasn't on the Duck roster this year.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Former Oregon LB Jackson LaDuke is heading to Nevada to joining Ken Wilson, the former Ducks’ LB coach who recruited LaDuke to Eugene.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oregon tight end Moliki Matavao enters transfer portal

WWW.ON3.COM

Moliki Matavao, a sophomore tight end who played a significant role for the Ducks, has entered the transfer portal according to a...

And one we all expected.

Oregon defensive back Jonathan Flowe enters transfer portal

WWW.ON3.COM

Oregon redshirt freshman defensive back Jonathan Flowe, a former 3-star recruit, has entered the transfer portal.

On 12/12/2022 at 12:42 PM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

Oregon tight end Moliki Matavao enters transfer portal

WWW.ON3.COM

Moliki Matavao, a sophomore tight end who played a significant role for the Ducks, has entered the transfer portal according to a...

This one is painful.  He was really good this past season and getting regular playing time.

• Oh no! 1