FishDuck Article

Oregon Basketball Finally Finding Consistency

The Oregon Men’s basketball team looks to finally be finding their groove after being able to play for two consecutive weekends for the first time since January 9th. With the team getting ever closer to being full strength, we can start to see the potential of this team. And that potential is one of a very capable team come tournament ...

Read the full article here...

Two Sites: FishDuck and the Our Beloved Ducks forum, The only "Forum with Decorum!" And All-Volunteer? What a wonderful community of Duck fans!

Coach Nordy--I again learn what to watch for from you and so appreciate the extra analysis you add to your weekly basketball articles.  Thanks!

Lawson.jpg

Mr. FishDuck

It is really awesome to see this Ducks team finally hitting their stride although I think they still have room to get a lot better (which is great). I can see this team peaking in tournament play which is typical for a Dana Altman team. I would have loved to see what this team could have done with a full schedule and a healthy roster. Imagine rotating Dante/Kepnang/Lawson and a healthy Will Richardson all year. Love the direction this team is headed. In coach Altman we trust. Go Ducks!

Thanks for another great article, coach.

The lady Ducks are sometimes painful to watch.  I found myself grunting at the tv every time a Duck would launch a rainbow pass into a post who is tightly doubled.  Sometime, somewhere they have to learn that is a bad play.

And lastly, there seems to be a spot on the floor where both men and women repeatedly slip.  Paopao did it a couple of times last night (including that last drive) and Duarte and others did it a number of times when the men played.  Any insight on an issue there?

I would have to agree with you about the ladies Mudslide. Since I played and coached there are a few issues I see. The pick and roll was executed well by Sabrina and Ruthie. Now we have bad picks and a lazy roll or a good pick with no roll, which clogs up an area of the court, along with a lazy pass. The best picks have been set by Lydia but she isn't rewarded.  There are poor switching defenses and double teams. Leaving a shooter open to double team a post player who is already being guarded well? How many point blank shots have ricocheted off the back board? No touch or feel on those. They are a young team and they will get better but I can't help but scream at my 75" TV.

The men also have instances of lazy passing, poor defending, and flat out not making the extra pass--you have to trust your teammate will make the open shot. They are rounding into form of a coach Altman team. When they are on they will be hard to stop. I must say that Franck plays the game like he enjoys it! Teams and players are fun to watch when it seems like they are enjoying themselves.

The floor is an odd thing though. Is it on top of an ice rink?

2 hours ago, criticalduck said:

They are a young team and they will get better but I can't help but scream at my 75" TV.

Yep....but please keep informing us of your observations.  And Crank-the-Franck!

giphy.gif

Mr. FishDuck

2 hours ago, criticalduck said:

I must say that Franck plays the game like he enjoys it!

You can see the unabashed joy that Franck has even when he is on the bench rooting for his teammates!

One of the reasons why he is fast becoming one of my favorite Ducks!