The Kamikaze Kid

Five Star QB Dante Moore Locked In With Oregon

Biggest thing I got from the article was that the recruiting class is in a group chat and they're all standing strong on commitment post Dilly's move.

• Thumbs Up 2

And keep in mind, that he has a very good chance next fall to be the starting qb for the Oregon Ducks. Butterfield, Nix, AND Thompson will most likely be gone, and if Thompson stays Moore has to believe he has a great shot to beat him out.

Point being: It is about the opportunity to the starter over all else.  And his opportunity to start for a top program is very high. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Sounds like Moore already views the Ducks as HIS team and he's keeping HIS guys locked in. With Lanning visiting him on Friday, it makes me think the OC hire is done and that will be a topic of discussion.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 5
  • Like 1

That is a lot of trust Dillingham had in Moore in telling him he was going to take the ASU job, but don't tell anybody about it.

On 12/1/2022 at 7:10 AM, Darren Perkins said:

And keep in mind, that he has a very good chance next fall to be the starting qb for the Oregon Ducks. Butterfield, Nix, AND Thompson will most likely be gone, and if Thompson stays Moore has to believe he has a great shot to beat him out.

Point being: It is about the opportunity to the starter over all else.  And his opportunity to start for a top program is very high. 

Worst case for Moore is that Nix stays another year and he gets to redshirt and learn from an experienced quarterback. And he would really be the guy to take over the following year. I think many quarterback recruits can see that path as something that would work for them. Though I think most would rather be the starter out the gate, but who wouldn't? 

I have a lot of respect for KD telling Moore that he was taking the ASU job.  These kids are putting a lot of trust in coaches and programs to help manage their futures and Dante deserved the truth straight from KD. 

While I don't know if the OC job is a done deal I believe DL will be having frank in person conversations with Moore letting him know that the franchise QB job is pretty much his for the taking and then discussing the new offensive philosophy that he as head coach is looking for in an OC.

To me the ultimate question for Dante Moore's recruitment and eventual development is who will be the QB coach for Oregon.  I would say it's moderately undesirable to have coaches teaching QB's that don't have a deep understanding of the position.  The mental development side of the QB position is critical to success and Dante is already showing that as a strength so he needs a QB coach that can take him to the next level(s).

Oregon's goals with Dante Moore should be to have him shatter Oregon passing records and ensure he's a top 5 overall pick for the NFL.

Edited by Duck Fan 76
  • Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 1

Best sales pitch is Dante will have the opportunity to compete for the starting job for an exciting offense, full of weapons. There will be great coaching and competition, both things which go into making an elite qb.

Also those are the only guarantees, no guaranteed starting job. He is our top qb recruit, but he will be pushed by the staff, and players.

I assume the new OC will be someone that can both develop and coach a QB and an offense that might be tailored a bit towards Moore's skill set.  A good O line and run game will be to everyone's advantage, and after Moore is the first overall pick in 2026 after our back-to-back Natty's, getting another great QB recruit will be easy.  The question will be can we pony up $3M a year to keep the OC?

On 12/1/2022 at 12:23 PM, JDuck said:

The question will be can we pony up $3M a year to keep the OC?

The question is, will $3M be enough when he/she is offered $5-6M to go be a head coach somewhere?

• Thumbs Up 1

Dan Lanning Heading to Detroit to Visit Oregon QB Commit Dante Moore

The Ducks' head coach will pay his class headliner a visit this weekend.

Moore is as gifted of a quarterback as you'll find anywhere in the country, but you don't want to put all your

eggs in one basket and be in the position where you have no choice but to start him as a freshman.

WWW.SI.COM

Moore is the headliner of Oregon's class and a crucial commitment to keep in the fold.

Not to sound pessimistic but I'll believe he's a Duck when we see him on campus, in Duck gear, enrolled in the University.  Everything nowadays is 'fluid' to use the term so popular these days in the media.  Fluid.

Only 3 OC's or DC's make more than 2 million, highest paid makes 2.5 million.  No shot Oregon pays an OC 3 million.  Lupoi makes 1.7 mil, but that is because he came from the NFL where he was making a high salary.

On 12/1/2022 at 3:02 PM, Tandaian said:

Only 3 OC's or DC's make more than 2 million, highest paid makes 2.5 million.  No shot Oregon pays an OC 3 million.  Lupoi makes 1.7 mil, but that is because he came from the NFL where he was making a high salary.

That's my point, Uncle Phil could afford it, would we pay big dollar to keep an OC or DC that obviously could make more as a HC?   HC can be a headache...maybe with more $$ they'd be thrilled to just be a coordinator and not have the HC pressures?

Dan Lanning visits 5-star Oregon QB commit Dante Moore

Who coaches see first is always an indication of the priority recruits in the class, and for Oregon there is

one clear target who the staff wants to have in the mix once pens start going to paper later this month.

Ducks head coach Dan Lanning made his way to Detroit on Friday evening

to meet with five-star quarterback commit Dante Moore.

The No. 2-ranked prospect in the 2023 class is Oregon's highest-rated quarterback commit

in the Rivals era and is the crown jewel of Lanning's first full class in Eugene.

OREGON.RIVALS.COM

Oregon head coach Dan Lanning made his way to Detroit to meet with the Ducks' top 2023 commit on Friday.

On 12/1/2022 at 3:32 PM, JDuck said:

That's my point, Uncle Phil could afford it, would we pay big dollar to keep an OC or DC that obviously could make more as a HC?   HC can be a headache...maybe with more $$ they'd be thrilled to just be a coordinator and not have the HC pressures?

Oregon does not have a track record of paying coaches top dollar. 

Perhaps PK does not want to spend millions on a coordinator?  As others have pointed out, he has been very generous with facilities, time, offering Nike’s support, etc. but hesitant to fund the operating budget. 

On 12/2/2022 at 5:59 PM, Pennsylvania Duck said:

Coach Lanning in Detroit with Dante

Lanning should camp out in Detroit until Dante signs with Oregon in December.  LOL.