47sgs

Caleb Presley, Oregon CB Commit, Visiting Washington

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

4-star CB Caleb Presley, the third-highest-rated commit in Oregon’s 2023 class, will be taking an official visit to the in-state Washington Huskies.

This is concerning, as he's our 3rd highest ranked commit

Edited by Smith72
capitalize titles

Hate to admit this but I have a good friend who works with the DBs up in Seattle and they are all pretty confident that Presley is theirs. I guess we'll know when the early signing period starts if he elects to extend until February or not.

Erik Hamburg, if ya'll get him you might be catching these hands!

WA is up and will continue to improve. Watch the Transfer Portal and see if we go after CBs. That will be a tell. 

Better he goes to UW if that is where his heart is. Every little dissatisfaction would be multiplied anywhere else he goes.

Let him have his visit so he can choose Oregon with no more second thoughts.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Will Caleb Presley Do What Budda Baker Did?

They're two talented defensive backs from the Seattle area,

originally pledged to Oregon, with the latter ending up at Washington.

As he appears now to be wavering some on his college choice, Presley has heard from UW recruits such as Texas

edge rusher Anthony James and California linebacker Deven Bryant, who have let him know on Twitter that they're watching.

Presley and James both will play in the All-American Bowl, a high school all-star game, on Jan. 7 in San Antonio, Texas.

WWW.SI.COM

They're two talented defensive backs from the Seattle area, originally pledged to Oregon, with the latter ending up at...

On 12/1/2022 at 1:36 PM, Pennsylvania Duck said:

Will Caleb Presley Do What Budda Baker Did?

I was trying to remember who Budda Baker was and all I could come up with was this, why would Presley want to be like this guy? Slow and making highlights like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ImdWvuzsCY

On 12/1/2022 at 4:45 PM, Haywarduck said:

I was trying to remember who Budda Baker was

I couldn't find anything much on his years at Washington. However, he is currently on the Arizona Cardinals roster as a safety and has 6 years experience in the NFL. Maybe I'll run across more later.

WWW.ESPN.COM

Latest on Arizona Cardinals safety Budda Baker including news, stats, videos, highlights and more on ESPN

He might flip to UW. But Jimmy Lake who was a elite DB coach is gone and UW's DBs were poor this year.

Also we still have Top 120 recruit Avante Dickerson who was recruited as a corner in the 2021 class. Florence and Tucker were 2022 kids who were Top 150 or so.

We are chasing Roderick Pleasant who is Top 60 kid but won't sing until Feb in the late period. Coach Meats son has been working another really good DB trying to flip him to Oregon - they both were here for the UCLA game together.? or was it the UW game? 

With the transfer portal going to be open can kids not sign and wait until Feb? You could lose your scholly to a portal kid at one of your top schools of choice. We have 24 commits in the class right now, not a lot of spaces left.

The NCAA made it clear, fill your 85 class limit, the old method of 25 or whatever, has changed because of the portal.  Crazy Right?  New math, courtesy of the NCAA logic.  Two Open Periods, one in December and then after Spring Ball.  Plus one transfer per year, seems like some formerly High Rated QB, from Cali and Nevada, multiple transfers, then was a bust.  Sigh, hate how College Football is getting like the NFL.