DUCKS4OUUO

PAC 12 TITLE GAME

Watching Pac 12 title game off and on and thinking what could shoulda woulda been.

But hats off or helmets off in Rising's case to Utah.

Utah is a tough class act hard-nosed football team.  Did I mention well coached?

Well, there is a quarter still to go.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 12/2/2022 at 7:55 PM, DUCKS4OUUO said:

Watching Pac 12 title game off and on and thinking what could shoulda woulda been.

But hats off or helmets off in Rising's case to Utah.

Utah is a tough class act hard-nosed football team.  Did I mention well coached?

Well, there is a quarter still to go.

Great game. Williams is putting up a heroic effort. Ducks would've  been called on the Rising hit, vicious. I thought it was targeting.

For crying out loud...you write a thread about a game without the score and when?

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

Mr. FishDuck

And the PAC 12 is out of the Natty Race…

Did USuC just lose their way into the Rose Bowl?

The Alamo Bowl is ecstatic due to the plethora of Californians who have relocated to Texas. They’re going to have a full house.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/2/2022 at 8:31 PM, Charles Fischer said:

For crying out loud...you write a thread about a game without the score and when?

giphy.gif

Utes up 17 with 5 minutes left

Oh, ok, Utah just scored again 40-24

Edited by DUCKS4OUUO
  • Like 1

On 12/2/2022 at 8:32 PM, PittDuck said:

And the PAC 12 is out of the Natty Race…

Did USuC just lose their way into the Rose Bowl?

Don't pac 12 champs go to rosebowl?

• Thumbs Up 1

40 - 24 Utes 5:29 minutes left in the 4th Q

That game is over.  Utah is USC's kryptonite.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/2/2022 at 8:34 PM, Log Haulin said:

Don't pac 12 champs go to rosebowl?

I thought it might be best record,  the Utes certainly earned a trip to the RB!

• Thumbs Up 1

Thoroughly enjoying watching USuC lose.  Wonder what coulda been.  It'll probably push us down to the Jockey Underwear Jiffy Stain Remover Bowl in Modesto, or the Tampax Tampon Bowl in Tampa, but I think the Crap 12 alliance with that one went away.  Don't care, watching the condoms lose is worth it.

Stincoln Riley can enjoy the Alamo.  Welcome to the B1G and traditional USuC 8-4 seasons

Edited by JDuck
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

46 24 Utes 1:52 on the clock!

This looks like the top 4 of the Pac 12.

Utah - Rose

USC - Alamo

UW - Holiday

Ducks - Sun

On 12/2/2022 at 8:40 PM, PittDuck said:

I thought it might be best record,  the Utes certainly earned a trip to the RB!

Champion goes to the RB, unless they're selected by the CFP committee.  USC just lost both the RB and the CFP.  Sucks for them!

• Thanks 1

Wonder how many $$$ this just cost the PAC12?

• Mic drop 1

Good for Utah! The better program won. Congrats Ute fans.

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 4

Well, I'm happy with the result (went to Utah after graduating Oregon and live in SLC).  But it would have been us lighting up USC tonight if we could have maintained some semblance of focus and effort in the 4th quarter last week.  What should have been. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Really happy to see Utah destroy USC.  I would not want a team that stabbed the PAC in the back, that doesn't want to be part of the PAC12, be a PAC12 champion.

Congratulations to coach Willingham and the Utes!

• Thumbs Up 8

Congrats Utes! Fun watching USuC crumble! After all the BS targeting penalties called against OBD, if that hit on Rising wasn't targeting, then it doesn't exist.

• Thumbs Up 4

Should be an interesting post game conference with Lincoln Riley.

Congrats Utes... Always good to see USC go down. 

I'd be happier if it was Oregon... But I'm just happy USC was denied! 

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 5
  • Like 1

Can't stop laughing, boo hoo turncoats!

Such a sweet victory for the entire pac 12 minus 1. Well done Utes. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Love watching the BIG Conference usc trojans lose to the PAC 10 Conference Champion Utah Utes. Sweet..........

Congratulations KW, Staff and players.

Depending on tomorrows games the trojans and huskies will both be NY6 Bowl eligible. Both schools would be attractive to any NY6 Bowls.

But, if any conference gets shafted it would be the PAC. But USC and Tennessee in the Cotton Bowl could happen.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/2/2022 at 8:42 PM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

Utah - Rose

USC - Alamo

UW - Holiday

Ducks - Sun

I love the way we stack up in the bowl games this year. Especially if both Michigan and Ohio St. go to playoffs and everyone gets healthy. Does B1G send Penn St. to the Rose Bowl. 

I like Utah, USC, Oregon, Washington, Oregon St., UCLA, and Washington St. against similarly placed opponents from other conferences. Could lead to some high rankings to start next year if key QBs return.

• Thumbs Up 1

Before conference play started, I thought it was highly unlikely anyone got to the title game with less than 2 losses. USC proved to be better than I thought, but 2+ losses it is for everyone in a very good year for the conference. 

A motivated Utah team is extremely dangerous as we all know well....even more so with a Swiss cheese defense like USC's.

• Thumbs Up 2

Ironic same thing killed SC that brought us down. Once Caleb got hurt that was it.

Plus both teams need lots of help on D. Very similar teams.

Would have been fun to healthy Nix vs healthy Williams. Would have been plenty of points put on the board.

Edited by LADuck
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/2/2022 at 8:33 PM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

The Alamo Bowl is ecstatic due to the plethora of Californians who have relocated to Texas. They’re going to have a full house.

I think USC will go to a NY6 bowl. Maybe the Cotton Bowl. So, the California aspect remains relevant, but I think the Huskies are going to the Alamo Bowl.

Utah - Rose

USC - Alamo

UW - Holiday

Ducks - Sun

I doubt that. USC will go to the Cotton Bowl as an at large team. They are 11-2. The Sun Bowl would be a tragic spot for the Ducks. It has a very low payout, the worst location, and the worst date. It's not possible for Oregon to go to the LA Bowl because they have to take Washington State. As far as bowl games go, the Huskies were the losers today (except for USC, of course). A 10-2 Washington would be picked by the Rose Bowl over a 9-4 Utah.

1) USC: Cotton

2) Utah: Rose

3) Alamo: Washington

4) Holiday: Oregon

5) Sun: UCLA

6) Vegas: OSU

7) LA: WSU

Edited by 2002duck
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/2/2022 at 9:34 PM, 2002duck said:

As far as bowl games go, the Huskies were the losers today (except for USC, of course). A 10-2 Washington would be picked by the Rose Bowl over a 9-4 Utah.

Oregon didn't even suit up yet we notched two victories.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Only thing sweeter would have been to see OBD throwing the dirt on USC grave...

Really happy Utah destroyed the USC Traitors. I hope that the UC Regents override UCLA's decision to move to the B1G and then the PAC adds SDSU to make the conference viable again.

Lincoln Riley can take his all offense-no defense act to the B1G and enjoy on average 8-win seasons there. Calling on the rest of the PAC to do their darndest to beat USC in their final PAC season so we can give them a proper send-off with a sub .500 record. If it turns out UCLA is also indeed moving to the B1G, same call for UCLA.

That will be awesome for the rest of the PAC to send one or both LA schools to the B1G with below .500 records.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 1

On 12/2/2022 at 8:47 PM, PittDuck said:

Wonder how many $$$ this just cost the PAC12?

Probably a lot but I don’t care. Bye bye USC. ❤️

Edited by lownslowav8r
  • Thumbs Up 3

I hope 2002 Duck is correct and we play in the Holiday.  It says the Pac-12 opponent will be from the ACC. Gee, if only Mario could've had a slightly better year...........

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 12/2/2022 at 8:24 PM, Log Haulin said:

Great game. Williams is putting up a heroic effort. Ducks would've  been called on the Rising hit, vicious. I thought it was targeting.

I say absolutely targeting. Head straight down, crown looked like it made contact. NO attempt by the defender to change his head position. That type of hit is EXACTLY WHY targeting became a thing. 

But it is USC. Glad they are gone and they were humiliated after ALL the pre-game hype by Fox.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oregon should blare this for their players after last night:

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/3/2022 at 5:26 AM, nw777b said:

I say absolutely targeting. Head straight down, crown looked like it made contact. NO attempt by the defender to change his head position. That type of hit is EXACTLY WHY targeting became a thing. 

But it is USC. Glad they are gone and they were humiliated after ALL the pre-game hype by Fox.

Totally agree that it was targeting. Crown of the helmet hit his Rising's facemask in an upward motion which caused it to fly off.  In addition I believe on the next play the Utah running back also took the crown of a helmet while being tackled.  

Oregon would have been down two players, University of $poiled Children no harm no foul.  Good riddance, I look forward to see how well the Lincoln Riley offense performs in Minnesota in late November.  They probably think late season games will be played in LA, after all they are USC!

• Thumbs Up 3

Social Media Buzz: Oregon Duck fans troll USC Trojans after epic collapse in Pac-12 Championship

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Tough night for USC fans on social media. The Trojans are currently getting trolled, HARD.

Utah - Rose

USC - Alamo

UW - Holiday

Ducks - Sun

And what abut the Beavers?  They beat O, who beat Utah, who beat USC, who beat OSU.  Ah ... you gotta love this stuff!  Maybe the Pac-12, or what's left of it, ought to have their own playoff system for the right to  play in the championship game!!  (Just kidding around - this isn't BB).

WATCH College GameDay talk about the game...'It was just EMBARRASSING!'

On 12/2/2022 at 9:34 PM, 2002duck said:

The Sun Bowl would be a tragic spot for the Ducks. It has a very low payout, the worst location, and the worst date.

I think Vegas is the worse. It comes during the end of the recruiting period, so you lose out on that precious time.

I love this LA Times article.  Looks like the Trojans and Riley now need air freshener in their bathrooms.

WWW.MSN.COM

Lincoln Riley deserves blame for not making adjustments when Utah surged early on, taking a conservative approach that dooms USC to a Pac-12 title loss.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

It seems that Mr. Heisman had some unique finger nail art for the Utes. The sorry thing about this is that Fox Sports analysts/clowns Reggie Bush and Matt Leinhart were at the salon with him when he did it. It was all part of the pre-game show. Anyway, I don’t think the Utes were too impressed.

WWW.SATURDAYDOWNSOUTH.COM

Caleb Williams paints a message for Utah on his nails.