Charles Fischer

Oh, But Oregon's Season...for ONE Boneheaded Play-Call

Remember...Dilly is not here anymore.  (Rule No. 26)  If Utah can beat USC...

FISHDUCK.COM

I should have written this article a month ago when I first felt strongly about it, but at the time I did not want to be a buzz-kill for Oregon fans.

Mr. FishDuck

With a healthy Nix, a matchup with USC would have been a really fun shoot out (unless of course DL were to rally the defense like it did with Utah).  In that scenario, I like Oregon's odds to win by at least a TD.

• Thumbs Up 2

I know a lot of us just saw Utah, a team Oregon beat a few weeks earlier, physically beat down USC. I have seen several social media post actually suggesting that it should’ve been Oregon trampling the Trojans tonight.

But realistically, if Oregon was on that field against the Trojans tonight, Williams would have embarrassed them like he did Norte Dame the last week. 

Utah won not because of their offense, but because of their defense. Check out the the 3rd down conversion rate for the Trojans offense: 1/12. No way Oregons defense keeps USC offense off the field like Utah did tonight. 

Congrats to Utes!

• Great post! 2
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

An Oregon/USC championship game would’ve ended up like our UW or OSU game give or take 7 points. Ducks defense is nowhere near Utah’s.

• Thumbs Up 1

Men against boys.

• Haha 1

Well, remember we beat Utah and their defense with a hobbled QB. I think our chances would have been pretty good against USC. 

I hope we learn from this and get our back up QB some playing time.

I like the idea posted earlier of having the backup go for two on each TD.  Regular opportunities to polish skills!