Ktmguy2018

Caleb Williams for Heisman: But You Lost!

Very interesting article on why Caleb Williams "DESERVES" the Heisman for playing hurt in the PAC-12 championship....

TROJANSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Caleb Williams in the 1st quarter: circus-like plays. Caleb Williams in the 4th quarter: heart of a warrior. His...

On 12/3/2022 at 12:02 PM, Ktmguy2018 said:

Very interesting article on why Caleb Williams DESERVES the Heisman for playing hurt in the PAC-12 championship....

TROJANSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Caleb Williams in the 1st quarter: circus-like plays. Caleb Williams in the 4th quarter: heart of a warrior. His...

Uh sure a guy who paints his nails then cries with a towel over his head when he loses has the heart of warrior. Gimme a break.

• Mic drop 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 12/3/2022 at 1:02 PM, Ktmguy2018 said:

Very interesting article on why Caleb Williams DESERVES the Heisman for playing hurt in the PAC-12 championship....

TROJANSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

I can think of a quarterback who played injured against Utah and could hardly move, but actually beat Utah.

But USC gets waxed by Utah in the conference championship, and a guy with really pretty fingernails sits on the sidelines crying, and therefore deserves the Heisman.

Sure... why not. 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 1

And, he lost to the same team TWICE in one season!  But, I am SURE it's not His fault.... *eye roll*

• Thumbs Up 1

The cruddy thing about this situation is that the majority of Heisman votes have been submitted already. I personally like Herndon Hooker just because of his body of work. I don’t think Williams is even 1st Team All-Pac.

• Thumbs Up 1

Geez, by that metric, Bo Nix is twice as worthy of winning the Heisman.

• Thumbs Up 2

The PAC will almost certainly vote for CW, because he has media cred, like a lot of other people who get hyped without actually backing it up with productivity.

Ah yes, winning the Heisman is now a beauty contest . . . how nice. 

This has almost reached "is this some sort of joke?" level . . . if Caleb Williams wins it, it would certainly be a travesty.

• Thumbs Up 1

U$C best win is against the Beavs. That team is ranked 15th. Oregon plays a top 10 team and Bo beats them on one leg. Does Bo deserve to be the Heisman winner? With 3 losses? NO! CW with 2 losses? NO!

The PAC cannibalized itself again. Thats them apples. 

🤮

• Haha 1
  • Mic drop 1

Mr. FishDuck

pumpkin.JPG.2aacab46e22fcfe6618084f0d5766373.JPG

• Haha 1

By the same logic of playing hurt... Umm Nix beat Utah with one leg. 

I do feel that the new bar for the Heisman to be ridiculous now. It's not about the best player but being the best player in the best team.... Or one of the best teams. 

Sure wins should be one metric but let's get real... Quarterback, and this award always goes to quarterbacks or offensive players, don't play defense and that's 45% of the game (offense being 45% and 10% being special teams ). 

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr 'Freaked up by Utah' manicure for Heisman?

Nope.

Just watched Duggan's gutsy performance against KSU in an exciting B12 championship game. Even though TCU lost and spoiled a perfect season, Duggan left it all (including a lot of his hematologic DNA) on the field. I really hope he still gets a shot at the CFP.

Night and day difference to the Primadonna of Troy.

Edited by EastBayDuckDad
Misspell

Nix and Rising both played on gimpy legs during the season and showed they were 10x tougher than CW.  Rising hasn’t been full strength since missing the WSU game and Bo beating Utah was one of the guttiest performances of the year.  CW did some amazing things this year and is very talented - maybe heisman worthy - but tough and gritty he is NOT!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

My vote is Duggan. But Heisman IS a popularity contest that's also become politicized.

The closest Caleb Williams comes to the Heisman is when he injured himself showboating the Heisman pose. 

This Trojanwire article clearly exemplifies the lack of critical reasoning resulting from a U$C education. 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1