Log Haulin

TCU Should Stay in CFP?

I don't think this loss should drop TCU out. It would be a travesty. 

• Thumbs Up 4

They lost by only 3 points to a top 10 team, I feel like they should drop to #4.

• Thumbs Up 3

I predict they will still make the playoffs and its a tossup between USC and Ohio State for the last spot

I bet tOSU gets in for sure.  Not sure who is #4...USuC has 2 losses now.  LSU upsetting GA would really throw a wrench in all of it 😆

#1 Georgia

#2 Michigan

#3 Ohio St

#4 TCU

... I REALLY HOPE NOT!!!

At least reverse Ohio St. and TCU so we don't see the rematch in round 1.  Not that it matters anyway, this is like fighting over the order to ding-dong-ditch Mike Tyson's house.

On 12/3/2022 at 1:52 PM, VegasDuck said:

I predict they will still make the playoffs and its a tossup between USC and Ohio State for the last spot

The Buckeyes have 1 loss, to a top 2 team.  USC looked like crap for 3 quarters last night, and has 2 losses.  I think the Buckeyes are in.  If Georgia and Michigan win, I also think TCU still has a good chance of getting in with a single OT loss against a really good K. State team.  Those would be my top 4.

On 12/3/2022 at 1:52 PM, VegasDuck said:

USC should be out... They played a total of 4 teams that are now ranked and are 2-2 against them... They failed to beat Utah twice! 

Ohio State probably getd the nod. They don't have to play another game so their record won't be at risk. 

As for TCU... The big-12 kinda sucked this year on the whole. They might get in but I would be surprised if that's the case. However, the biggest thing TCU had going for them at this point is that there don't feel like enough viable other candidates with only 1 loss. 

I see there being an argument to get another SEC team in at this point.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/3/2022 at 1:06 PM, Log Haulin said:

Agree 100%

• Thumbs Up 1

Their only loss is in a Championship game AFTER playing the Full season. They Lost in overtime by 3 points to a top 10 team. Everyone else has two losses. Nuf said!

• Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

On 12/3/2022 at 2:11 PM, David Marsh said:

USC should be out... They played a total of 4 teams that are now ranked and are 2-2 against them... They failed to beat Utah twice! 

Ohio State probably getd the nod. They don't have to play another game so their record won't be at risk. 

As for TCU... The big-12 kinda sucked this year on the whole. They might get in but I would be surprised if that's the case. However, the biggest thing TCU had going for them at this point is that there don't feel like enough viable other candidates with only 1 loss. 

I see there being an argument to get another SEC team in at this point.

Which SEC team would you put in, David?   LSU will likely have 4(!) losses.  Tennessee's 2 losses were not close (though one was to Georgia, who is reasonably considered the current #1).  Alabama has only had 2 losses, both close, and to good teams . . . but one of them was to Tennessee! . . . would it be reasonable or fair to put the Crimson Tide in over the Volunteers after losing their head to head?   This is a real sticky wicket for the CFP committee.

On 12/3/2022 at 2:30 PM, GangGreen2 said:

Which SEC team would you put in, David?   LSU will likely have 4(!) losses.  Tennessee's 2 losses were not close (though one was to Georgia, who is reasonably considered the current #1).  Alabama has only had 2 losses, both close, and to good teams . . . but one of them was to Tennessee! . . . would it be reasonable or fair to put the Crimson Tide in over the Volunteers after losing their head to head?   This is a real sticky wicket for the CFP committee.

I wouldn't put one in personally. 

But I just feel like we are going to see the "two losses and out" rule may be tested this year because there really isn't a clear fourth right now. Yes, TCU has only one loss but they have danced with defeat frequently this year and I could see them getting bumped for an SEC team because of SEC bias. 

Again... I won't put a second SEC team in but I don't have a vote.

• Thumbs Up 1

It goes to show how it was all lined up for Oregon to make the Playoff, but for a few decisions.  (or one)

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

One thing is for sure TCU has a stud for a QB.

• Mic drop 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/3/2022 at 2:53 PM, Just Ducky said:

One thing is for sure TCU has a stud for a QB.

Max Duggan, dude was a beast. That was one of the best non Duck Football games I have seen.

• Go Ducks! 1

All  teams in the CFP  should be conference champions.  Why should the loser of championship or a team who failed to even make the championship even be let in? They couldn’t even win their conference.

• Thumbs Up 1

One thing we have learned for sure:

Bo Nix, Caleb Williams and Max Duggan are warriors. Some gritty QB'S in college football this year.

Daniels is playing hurt too. LSU is getting pounded though. Some great Conf championship games this year.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/3/2022 at 2:52 PM, VegasDuck said:

Not a chance USC gets in over OSU

TCU should have lost 3 regular season games if their opponent's QB hadn't gotten hurt and removed from the game, one or two of those games for the second half. In fact KS lost #1 and #2 from the earlier season game. 

I hate to say it, but even though ALA has 2 loses they were both on the road and by only four points.

So my picks are as follows UGA, Michigan (if they win tonight without their top RB who is out for season), ALA and surprise either KSU who won it's conference championship and beat the #3 team or Utah. Utah lost 3 games but on the road but are PAC 12 champ's and beat #4 usuc.

These are the best looking teams available to me imoh. Championship should matter by showing who's playing best right now 

I can’t accept a team that takes a week off while playing teams with no chance to win while Other teams are playing ranked opponents unless they are undefeated. The SEC has been getting away with this travesty for years and it needs to stop. Alabama has lost 2 games and didn’t play in their conference championship. They don’t belong.

• Go Ducks! 1

On 12/3/2022 at 4:18 PM, Desert Duck said:

Not a chance USC gets in over OSU

Playing in the conference title game has got to get you extra bonus points. I'd pick OSU over USC otherwise. 

On 12/3/2022 at 2:38 PM, David Marsh said:

Again... I won't put a second SEC team in but I don't have a vote.

Neither would I put a second SEC team  in. Have to reward the teams that take care of business. TCU beat five  ranked teams  during the course of the season and belongs in the field in my opinion.  Using the same criteria, Ohio State has to be in as well, although I believe that they and the B1G are generally overrated. 

• Applause 1

On 12/3/2022 at 2:06 PM, Log Haulin said:

I would not go so far as to call it a travesty, but it would be wrong to not include TCU in the CFP