Pennsylvania Duck

Men's Basketball: 12/4/22 Ducks...Ducks Lose 65-56

Oregon heads to SoCal for early season showdown with No. 21 UCLA

Oregon should go into Sunday's matchup feeling confident. They've won two games in a row for the first time

this season, they've started to get healthy with multiple injured players back in the lineup, and they face an

opponent that they've beaten four straight times.

The Ducks last lost to UCLA back in 2019 when they had a 19-point second-half lead over the Bruins and lost.

247SPORTS.COM

Oregon's final leg of a very difficult stretch of basketball will conclude with a road game against its fourth-ranked opponent in...

MEN'S BASKETBALL FACES UCLA IN LOS ANGELES

Oregon men's basketball plays their first conference road game on Sunday, taking on UCLA in Los Angeles.

LIVE UPDATES: Oregon at No. 21 UCLA

247SPORTS.COM

The Oregon Ducks (4-4) will hit the road for its first Pac-12 road game of the season this afternoon when they head to historic...

It’s very difficult to win when you let your opponent take 30% more shots than you do because you can’t rebound or take care of the basketball. 

Edited by GeotechDuck

Oregon fought hard, but its inability to keep UCLA off the boards wiped away upset bid

Oregon led the No. 21 ranked UCLA Bruins for most of the game's first 30 minutes. They controlled the pace of the game,

held UCLA's offense in check, and were able to overcome way too many turnovers of their own.

Then UCLA's momentum finally powered through the Duck line of defense.

247SPORTS.COM

Westwood, Calif. -  Oregon committed two turnovers in the game's first three minutes, missed their first two shots from the field and...

WATCH: Dana Altman breaks down tough loss on the road to No. 21 UCLA

Hear from Oregon head coach Dana Altman after the Ducks hard fought game at No. 21 UCLA. The Ducks

had the ball down one with five minutes to play but couldn't pull off the upset and lost 65-56.

WATCH: Quincy Guerrier recaps tough loss at No. 21 UCLA

Hear from Oregon senior forward Quincy Guerrier has he discusses the

team's tough loss on the road to the UCLA Bruins.

I enjoyed the game.  The guys fought hard, I thought.  The many injuries pose a real hardship on the team for both practice and game.  A couple of guys were even playing the game at less than full strength, e.g. Guerrier. 

On the flip side, I really wish the Ducks would play a little more pressure defense.  And the team in general was not very mobile.  I guess the zone is necessary with so few bodies to play.  But my one big issue with the team is Richardson.  The guy is a turnover machine...bad passes into a crowd, driving against multiple players in tight areas.  He can score...but there is a reason coach wants him at the off-guard position.  Bad handles.

Still, the season is young.  I look for a lot of wins from this team.  GO DUCKS!oregon02avatar.gif.4e8d990cd1ab8bbb9ea58518cb2744bc.gif

Edited by Mudslide