cartm25

New Head Coach of Colorado: Deion Sanders

He will exceed recruiting expectations for Colorado.

It's 'Prime Time' in Boulder: Deion Sanders takes Buffs' head coaching job

"Coach Deion Sanders has just informed his team that he is accepting the position as Head Football Coach at the

University Of Colorado," reported 247Sports college football analyst Carl Reed, who was with Sanders in Jackson, Miss. on Saturday.

Sanders comes to Colorado after three seasons as the head coach at Jackson State, where he went 27-5 and won back-to-back Southwestern Athletic Conference Championships. The Tigers are undefeated in 2022, following a 43-24 victory over Southern in the SWAC title game on Saturday.

247SPORTS.COM

The long wait is over. Nine weeks after Karl Dorrell was fired as the Buffaloes' head football coach, Deion Sanders accepted Colorado...

This is the official announcement from the University of Colorado.

Deion “Coach Prime" Sanders Named Head Football Coach at Colorado

“Coach Prime” Becomes The 28th Head Coach In Buffalo Football History

CUBUFFS.COM

Deion Sanders, known as "Prime Time" during his Hall of Fame playing career and has since transitioned into "Coach Prime," has...

Sometimes, you just need a STAR to get your Program moving in the Right Direction.

Holy crap, I had no Idea that PrimeTime was 55yo!!  All of a sudden I feel like a dinosaur... (at least I hope I was a T-Rex or something cool like that... LOL!!)

• Haha 1

The PAC 12 just got stronger.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

We have been down that road, and hopefully aren't on that one again. How long will Dion last at Colorado?

Mel Tucker lasted 15 months, anyone care to guess if Dion last less or more?

I think there needs to be a term for coaches like this, maybe a temporizer? They are certainly opportunists, but I like the term temporizer, as we all know they will only be there temporarily.

Might be what Colorado needs to get over the hump, as Oregon did fairly well with a couple temporizers.

They have hit rock bottom. I think its a good hire. 

Congrats to Colorado. This should help them recruit some skill position guys which has been a big problem lately. The pack just took another step forward. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/4/2022 at 7:15 AM, Haywarduck said:

We have been down that road, and hopefully aren't on that one again. How long will Dion last at Colorado?

Mel Tucker lasted 15 months, anyone care to guess if Dion last less or more?

I think there needs to be a term for coaches like this, maybe a temporizer? They are certainly opportunists, but I like the term temporizer, as we all know they will only be there temporarily.

Might be what Colorado needs to get over the hump, as Oregon did fairly well with a couple temporizers.

I don't think Deion Sanders is a Mel Tucker kind of guy. I'm kind of surprised that he left Jackson State. 

Why didn't he leave there after one year of miracle working if he just wants some stepping stones???

We don't know what his goals are.

Let's keep our chins up!