12Duck72

Tis The Season.....of Cheer!

The Holiday season is upon us. It's a time of hope, joy, faith, counting our blessings and being thankful. I've noticed a lot of our fellow Ducks still have a case of the cranks about the way the season ended. I've gone through my would've, could've as well. But I feel we all tend to dwell on the negative too much and don't appreciate the positives and what the future holds.

I'm not much of a thread starter and this may not be the most popular post but I thought since it's the Holidays that it would great if folks can state what they feel are the positives and good things about the season and where OBD are heading in the future. I know it's not all sunshine and unicorns but there's a lot we should be thankful for.

As Ive said before we could be in Miami's boat and hearing about "physicality " every week.

Cheers everyone!

• Go Ducks! 2
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I think we have begun to see Oregon rebuilt as the Duck Program I have grown to love. Not just a place where we recruit well, and build a coaches resume. 

If we embrace this new coach, I am excited about the possibilities for the Oregon Football Program. It won't be easy, but we have a formula I can get behind. I hope others can too.

The rest of the fans can get aboard, when it is more obvious, or we win that specific Saturday, there will be plenty of room aboard the Lanning train, or sleigh, to stay in season.

• Go Ducks! 2
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Thanks Ducks 72. Many things to be thankful for.

I’m still kicking

My family is pretty healthy

My granddaughter got excepted to OS😬

I finally have a grandson at 74, took a while.

I get to look out my picture window at the Clackamas River every morning.

The Pack 12 looks like it might survive.  

We have Mr Knight 

The Ducks are competitive in all sports.

Life is good.🥳 Happy Holidays everyone!!!

• Go Ducks! 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 2

As a duck fan, I'm thankful that our games are fun again.  That's due to a coach that's young and upbeat, that has a great connection to his players, and wants to be part of the Oregon community.

I'm thankful for Mario for showing us that recruiting well can be accomplished at Oregon, and that our new coach seems capable of sustaining or improving upon.  I'm equally thankful Mario has moved on to his dream job.

I'm thankful for the direction the program is headed.  Though this season didn't end as we would have liked, the Duck season was fun to watch, and gives hope for the future.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Fun to see us return to a high powered offense and what made Oregon great. Now, we need a pass rush. 

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Great thread to start 12Duck72, as I am disappointed and do critical analysis of what went wrong...I am a staunch fan no matter what.

And it is great to have a number of Oregon fans who are like us--loyal to a fault.  Your post was a breath of fresh air that I needed--THANKS.

Tons of Great Fans...

Yellow Hat Fans_Fox Sports Video.jpg

• Go Ducks! 2
  • Thanks 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 12/4/2022 at 8:55 AM, Just Ducky said:

Thanks Ducks 72. Many things to be thankful for.

I’m still kicking

My family is pretty healthy

My granddaughter got excepted to OS😬

I finally have a grandson at 74, took a while.

I get to look out my picture window at the Clackamas River every morning.

The Pack 12 looks like it might survive.  

We have Mr Knight 

The Ducks are competitive in all sports.

Life is good.🥳 Happy Holidays everyone!!!

My condolences to your granddaughter lol

If I were grading DL I would give him a solid “B” for this season. The potential for an “A” was within grasp, and an important lesson should have been learned. 

Clock/game management improved for most of the games. 

The Offense was good enough to win 11 games. Thank you,  Bo Nix.

Recruiting for our first time head coach is solid. 

The ceiling for the coach and staff appears to be high. 

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/4/2022 at 9:17 AM, 47sgs said:

As a duck fan, I'm thankful that our games are fun again.  That's due to a coach that's young and upbeat, that has a great connection to his players, and wants to be part of the Oregon community.

I'm thankful for Mario for showing us that recruiting well can be accomplished at Oregon, and that our new coach seems capable of sustaining or improving upon.  I'm equally thankful Mario has moved on to his dream job.

I'm thankful for the direction the program is headed.  Though this season didn't end as we would have liked, the Duck season was fun to watch, and gives hope for the future.

100% agree. It has been great actually having fun watching games again. Even the ones they lost were entertaining. 

• Go Ducks! 1

Simply solidify LB and D Line production, and Oregon could be the team winning on a scoop and score, again!

I'll always love the Ducks.

There was a time in my youth when I found ways to get into Autzen for free, most game days (I did odd jobs for several season ticket holders, and it was better than what they paid me in cash, as far as my buddies and I were concerned!).

The one guy had season tix on the third row of the forty yard line... I didn't get those often, but it was worth the wait! He kept those active from Opening day in 1967 (I graduated HS in 1971) until my son was earning the same seats from the guy in the mid 90's.

I miss those days!