• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

We can take that one for sure.

Interesting comments in this Reddit thread

• Let’s hope! 1
  • Cool 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

If so this will be the response of the rest of the Pac-12, and college football.

Screen-Shot-2022-05-11-at-10.16.07-AM.png.webp

• Thumbs Up 2

They are talking about this over on caneswire. Miami fan not happy with this. Mariø went after him and was turned down. 

#post-6293316

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well why not? Solid resume! Understands high scoring college offensive schemes.

Well Coach Lanning flew to Michigan to hopefully lock down Moore, then maybe Buffalo to get Brady. Nothings a sure thing until the ink dries on a LOI or contact

Maybe while DL is in the Eastern Time Zone he can head south and get some of those monster D lineman. Then head to Texas to get a few edge rushers.....

Doesnt cost anything to dream.....

Go Ducks and Go DL.......

• Thumbs Up 2

I can't remember what we did before the internet...wait for an official announcement? Was that it?

• Haha 3

E1DB8EC5-1660-4FBB-8E0F-C4C6663BE997.png

SPORTS.YAHOO.COM

Joe Brady denied the rumors that he would be the next OC for the Ducks, according to a report from Bruce Feldman.

Seems like a stretch that he would leave his job with a Super Bowl contender to be a college OC. I'm guessing he would already have a head coaching job if he wanted back in the college game. Nice to dream though.

Joe Brady has 4 regular season games to coach plus playoffs. Bills are the highest scoring offense in the NFL. 

If Brady is to be a Duck, does that get announced immediately? After regular season? After playoff run?

Would be a great hire if true. The logistics are tricky though.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/4/2022 at 5:01 PM, Log Haulin said:

Mariø went after him and was turned down. 

#post-6293316

My perception of Brady just went up about ten notches.

• Haha 2
  • Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/4/2022 at 9:27 AM, Log Haulin said:

Joe Brady has 4 regular season games to coach plus playoffs. Bills are the highest scoring offense in the NFL. 

If Brady is to be a Duck, does that get announced immediately? After regular season? After playoff run?

Would be a great hire if true. The logistics are tricky though.

Due to recruiting, I think that the Ducks would have to announce it immediately or at least let the recruits know, in which case it gets out anyway.  If Dan Lanning could finish out his job as the Georgia DC, while hiring assistants and recruiting, then I don't see why Brady couldn't do both as a QB coach for the Bills.  He would only have to keep the current Oregon commits (e.g., Dante Moore) committed. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/4/2022 at 10:56 AM, OregonDucks said:

Due to recruiting, I think that the Ducks would have to announce it immediately or at least let the recruits know, in which case it gets out anyway.  If Dan Lanning could finish out his job as the Georgia DC, while hiring assistants and recruiting, then I don't see why Brady couldn't do both as a QB coach for the Bills.  He would only have to keep the current Oregon commits (e.g., Dante Moore) committed.

There is a 10 day waiting period after officially posting a public sector job in Oregon. So I think Lanning probably has his guy, whoever it is, and has let some key recruits know. 

But no official announcement can be released until today (Sunday) or on Monday whichever is the actual official posting date. 

Leaks are possible but Lanning isn't the one to let anything leak himself. So we'll just have to wait. 

On 12/4/2022 at 11:25 AM, David Marsh said:

Leaks are possible but Lanning isn't the one to let anything leak himself. So we'll just have to wait. 

I'm not suggesting that anyone within the Oregon program would leak the name.  However, how much confidence do you have that 17-18 year old recruits will be able to keep it a secret?

Until an official announcement comes from one of the official UO channels, I’m disinclined to believe anything right now.

• Let’s hope! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/4/2022 at 12:06 PM, OregonDucks said:

I'm not suggesting that anyone within the Oregon program would leak the name.  However, how much confidence do you have that 17-18 year old recruits will be able to keep it a secret?

Depends on the recruit. 

I think Moore is someone who could manage it and I could certainly see Lanning telling him in confidence..

Other recruits... Probably not. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Sometimes these rumors have validity, sometimes they don't.  Unless you are really plugged in to where people get sources it's really hard to verify or weigh any of it.  I'm generally going to delay interest until there's an official announcement or a story from a VERY respected journalist or two.

I think it is safe to say it is a fact,,,,,, rumors will continue until the facts are out. Until then, we can dream can't we!

We might think of the rumors as My Ding A Ling, and hold on to our Ding A Ling, rumors until the facts come along. 

Come up with your favorite and hold on until we know.

• Yikes! 1

On 12/4/2022 at 9:07 AM, jrw said:

I can't remember what we did before the internet...wait for an official announcement? Was that it?

Lots of speculation on local call-in talk radio. 🙂

• Applause 1

Well, Brady is denying it.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Joe Brady denied the rumors that he would be the next OC for the Ducks, according to a report from Bruce Feldman.

This new rumor just out via Bleacher Report and on3, but who the heck knows what's real and what's not.

Screenshot_20221205-100505_Chrome.jpg.bde4523dc1589caa9877679048a31d6f.jpg