Pennsylvania Duck

Holiday Bowl: Ducks vs North Carolina Tarheels

Oregon Ducks to face North Carolina Tar Heels in Holiday Bowl

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

The Oregon Ducks will be playing the North Carolina Tar Heels in the Holiday Bowl on December 28.

Should be a good game.

Question: will players headed to portal be eligible to play?

How many players do you think will opt out for NFL reasons?

Oregon heads to San Diego to take on North Carolina in SDCCU Holiday Bowl

North Carolina finished its season outside of the AP Top 25 but made it to the ACC Championship Game,

where they lost to No. 10 Clemson, 39-10.

The Tar Heels are led by redshirt freshman Drake Maye. The former highly-rated four-star recruit was

Oregon quarterback Bo Nix's main competition for total touchdowns scored this season.

Nix and Maye both finished with 42 total touchdowns this season.

Drake Maye is a great QB and will play in this game. Bo Nix is a great QB who probably won't play in this game.

Anything outside of NY6 of playoff is a waste of time. The best players rarely play if they are upperclassmen. Why risk injury?

I will watch, let me rephrase, the game will be on my TV  

On 12/4/2022 at 1:43 PM, Log Haulin said:

Drake Maye is a great QB and will play in this game. Bo Nix is a great QB who probably won't play in this game.

Anything outside of NY6 of playoff is a waste of time. The best players rarely play if they are upperclassmen. Why risk injury?

I will watch, let me rephrase, the game will be on my TV  

If you're right about Bo then I guess everyone will finally get to see what Ty can do. Thats worth tuning in for (Maybe).

That's disappointing. I was hoping for LV Bowl and an SEC match up.   

Edited by VegasDuck

If Nix doesnt play I will not watch. Neither of the other QBs had any meaningful game time this year.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/4/2022 at 3:16 PM, 1Ducker1 said:

If Nix doesnt play I will not watch. Neither of the other QBs had any meaningful game time this year.

Yeah... I really wouldn't need to watch that pain either. 

Well the game is free to view and I am a Duck fan so will definitely watch the game. Whoever ends up playing will pull for them to have a great game. Sounds like there is a good chance Nix would play. Be great if he is healthy and ready to go.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

For some reason, Nix strikes me as a guy who will play in the Holiday Bowl if his ankle/leg has healed completely before then.

• Thumbs Up 2

I will watch and cheer for OBD's. If Bo doesn't start then i will support Ty or the walk on back up QB.

The remaning squad of players that take the field are our Ducks. They are going to play an important part of the 2023 season.

Its next man up time of year.

GO DUCKS......

PS: If Bo plays it will be more exciting.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

On 12/4/2022 at 3:38 PM, HappyToBeADuck said:

I will watch and cheer for OBD's. If Bo doesn't start then i will support Ty or the walk on back up QB.

The remaning squad of players that take the field are our Ducks. They are going to play an important part of the 2023 season.

Its next man up time of year.

GO DUCKS......

PS: If Bo plays it will be more exciting.

UNC's OC Phil Longo if I have it right has a good scheme. 

If we don't have Dilly calling plays and Ty at QB it will be tough.

UNC knows we are going to throw the screen-crosses we have all year with Ty or run. The DBs will be ready to swamp those screens, the LBs will be ready for the short cross, they will stack the box against the run.

We would be well served coming out right away and throwing a couple deep balls to Franklin - loosen the defense up. If not gonna be a long night.

• Applause 1