Ktmguy2018

Deion is Stirring it Up in Colorado

Telling players to hit the portal??  Wow...I guess we will see what comes of it.

SPORTS-YAHOO-COM.CDN.AMPPROJECT.ORG

"I'm coming, and when I get here, it's gonna be changed."

After watching the video, telling kids to jump in the portal can be taken two ways.  Leave, I don't want you hear or I'm here to win and want players with the same motivation.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yowza! That's a Neon Deion bull in the china shop. He will definitely attract some talent to Boulder in the portal. A competitive Colorado will be better for the Pac1? going forward. But with the money not lined up yet to make it happen, it's big hat, no cattle (bison) until then.

Oregon needs to lock in it's own high level portal talent now.

• Thumbs Up 2

Pointing to his son as a  starter, then saying he will earn it, would send me out the door even as a starter. You never show bias, or it will always be questioned. 

Telling players to leave, and then naming a starter, strike two.

• Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

My take is that this is the “I am the new sheriff in town” speech. 

Deion, of all people, knows that this will hit the internet. He is not shy of the publicity. It is one way to get out the message that there are opportunities for transfers on his team. 

However, he needs more than just his son transferring to improve Colorado football. 

• Thumbs Up 1

One thing is for sure, Prime Time was one hell of an athlete with the head the size of a basketball. Can he win as a head coach in big boy football has yet to be answered. Colorado definitely needs a shake up but this is a stubborn fan base which may be tough to convince.

One thing is for sure, things are a changing in the pack and rather quickly. Question is can we as fans keep up.

Coach Sanders knows Football. One shouldn't question whether he knows how to scheme and win at ANY level. Its all about the recruitment of players and the attitude from the school room to the locker room to the weight room. If you aren't in it to Win It then you should hit the portal because you are only in it for yourself. Thats what Prime is saying. 

Portals are for those that are individually driven for selfish reasons. Not in an absolute sense, but by and large its 'I'm going to get mine'. If you are into that then there is the door. Colorado is about to get real competitive.

I think what gets missed sometimes, is that nobody wants their "TEAM' to lose. Its common to hear that they are just kids and students first. However, a losing 'TEAM' puts no cheaks in the seats. The Game is played to...WIN. It's not intramural, just for funzies. I'm not buying tickets to see your GPA, I'm buying tickets to see a competitive team in a competitive game and I'm rooting for? Mediocraty? To perpetually lose? Nope. 

Colorado isn't missing D1 athletes, they are missing Heart. Coach Prime is bringing that in spades!

Bowl eligible in 2023, you heard it here first.

Edited by 1Funduck

Well I'm guessing Deion is going to learn a lot about the culture difference between the Deep South and Boulder.  I'm guessing the CU academics aren't going to love him (of course they don't love anything football related anyway though ha ha).

Deion said that everyone on that team is going to have to earn their position. 

Except for his QB son, Shedeur, who he pointed to and said:

“That’s your quarterback.”

What a way to start your new job.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Deion Sanders' arrival in Boulder energizes Colorado Buffaloes' fanbase

The same fans that averaged an attendance of 42,847 at Folsom Field for a team that went 1-11 are more than excited about the introduction

of Coach Prime. With Sanders’ promise to turn the program around, both students and alumni alike are ready to see competitive football in Boulder.

247SPORTS.COM

Wherever "Coach Prime" goes, fans follow...

Neon being Neon and earning some "Prime time" media buzz...  truth is he's going to get talent in Colorado and he will probably improve the Buffs play on the field.  I mean, it's not like he kicks kickers...

Edited by Duck Fan 76

WWW.MSN.COM

After many rumors and reports, Deion Sanders accepted the head coaching role with the Colorado Buffaloes this weekend. Now, it looks like he’s already filling his new staff with some experience...

So now I'm reading that old Willie Taggart will be joining Deion Sanders at Colorado in some capacity.  Man, this crap show just keeps getting better and better.  Never liked Sanders as a player or human being - all flash and no substance.  It's gonna be fun watching the slow disintegration of a once fine Pac 12 school.

• Wow 1

On 12/5/2022 at 3:05 PM, Graziani93 said:

It's gonna be fun watching the slow disintegration of a once fine Pac 12 school.

I'm no Willie Taggart fan but he does bring value on the recruiting side...  Director of recruiting?  I mean if he's not an assistant or coordinator he doesn't count towards the 10.

Coach Prime is also good for the PACs media contract, suddenly people all over the country will be watching CU games.

Edited by Duck Fan 76
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 12/5/2022 at 2:08 PM, 1Funduck said:

I think what gets missed sometimes, is that nobody wants their "TEAM' to lose. Its common to hear that they are just kids and students first. However, a losing 'TEAM' puts no cheaks in the seats.

"Cheaks cannot hold their smoke!  That's what it is..."

On 12/5/2022 at 4:25 PM, Pennsylvania Duck said:

It's good for the conference and it gives CU fans something to be hopeful for.  I'm still SUPER glad we have our program, coaches and players and they have theirs.

• Applause 1

I think we can agree on, Deion, will get everyone, from Leon, to the Peon, interested in Colorado football. The question will be can they get their game on, before too long, or will it just be a speech that goes on, until he moves on. 

• Haha 1
  • Mic drop 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I was super excited about this hire, but I am super disappointed by the lack of awareness this article describes. 

I paraphrase…

“Everyone has to earn everything. My son has never played a second of D1 football and has already earned QB1.”

Deion deserves Slick Willy. I remember Willy complaining about the Eugene weather. Boulder will be fun for him. And isn’t Willy’s son also almost in college? Obviously, Willy Jr has already earned his starting spot on the Buffs. 

All that said, Deion fighting Riley for the most selfish recruits in the West will be a fun annual tradition. 

• Great post! 2
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

On 12/5/2022 at 9:14 PM, Dr Hilarius said:

I was super excited about this hire, but I am super disappointed by the lack of awareness this article describes. 

I paraphrase…

“Everyone has to earn everything. My son has never played a second of D1 football and has already earned QB1.”

Deion deserves Slick Willy. I remember Willy complaining about the Eugene weather. Boulder will be fun for him. And isn’t Willy’s son also almost in college? Obviously, Willy Jr has already earned his starting spot on the Buffs. 

All that said, Deion fighting Riley for the most selfish recruits in the West will be a fun annual tradition. 

What a collection of poor character coaches to lead young men.  If you're just a crappy person, that's fine, what can you do?  But to pretend like you're this proper, by the book, fair, trust-worthy leader - come on, man!  Scammy snake oil salesmen, it's going to be fun to watch.  Mark my words, this thing implodes in just 2 years.

• Great post! 1

Well techinically this qualifies as a "splash" hire, but for Colorado there's really not much upside.  He succeeds and he'll bail in a heartbeat leaving the program in a mess ala Slick Willie.  If he fails he'll be owed a large buyout.

I guess they're desperate, I get that, but I'm betting his act gets old in Boulder before long.

• Thumbs Up 1

Have the boosters agreed to cough up the promised $5 million a year for Sanders yet?

This could hurt Sanders in recruiting...This tweet refers to the Texas High School Football coaches. 

• Cool 1

This was in the Denver Post about a week ago. It will be interesting to see if Blake Purchase stays committed to Oregon. There is a lot of buzz here in Colorado about the hire. 

image.thumb.png.b7e51c6af525d1acea829babcb44b527.png

image.thumb.png.02110ec37955c7f25f4c9e42262b3688.png

WWW.DENVERPOST.COM

Colorado prep talent that’s spent a generation ignoring the CU Buffs is going to want an audience with Deion Sanders in Boulder before they say “I do” to Jim Harbaugh at Michigan, Brent…

So, I admired Deion's talent as a player, didn't care for the "showboat-iness", but that is just me.  I will agree that he did some good stuff at Jackson State and brought that program into the spotlight.

Having said that, it is Deion "PRIMETIME" Sanders....not Colorado "Primetime" Buffalos.

Deion is about himself, his brand, his relevancy.  I get that kids are attracted to the flashiness, the brashness, and the confidence.  But make no mistake, my belief is that this is about Deion; not the community, not the University of Colorado, or the recruits that will show up.  

If the proverbial leopard has somehow managed to change his spots, I'll be the first to say I was wrong...

• Thumbs Up 1

Let’s just say, if I was a QB prospect, I’d be going elsewhere. What Deion is selling wouldn’t sell me, but I’m not a young D1 level football player deeply embedded in football culture and ethos.

• Applause 1

On 12/5/2022 at 5:28 PM, Haywarduck said:

The question will be can they get their game on, before too long, or will it just be a speech that goes on, until he moves on

LOL!  Honestly the tactics he employs have proven by other coaches to have short term but fairly reliable gains.  I think Coach Prime will improve CU next year for sure but it's hard not to with a 1-11 record.  Their offense was anemic and I think right away he will see some gains there and get constant ESPN talking points about how coach Prime is turning around CU football.  

In his second year we may see some significant gains but eventually Florida St. is going to call when Mike Norvell moves on up and Prime will pull the rug out on CU leaving the next HC to deal with a real mess.

• Thumbs Up 1

Deion Sanders promises biggest recruiting weekend in 'the history of Colorado football' after final JSU game

"We're going to dominate Saturday (in the Celebration Bowl)," Sanders said in a video clip posted by HBCU GameDay.

"Then I'm going to get back on a plane and we're going to have the biggest recruiting weekend we've ever had in the

history of Colorado football. That's how it is going to go down."

I find that Deion's boasting has become somewhat tiring...what about you?