lownslowav8r

Dan Lanning Thinks Nix is Going to NFL

FLYWAREAGLE.COM

Bo Nix isn't following the offensive coordinator that got the best out of him on the Plains and in Eugene, Kenny Dillingham, and he certainly isn't going t...

I feel another discussion about Ty is about to break out. LOL

Maybe I'll search the forum to read all the previous great posts, instead.

On 12/6/2022 at 12:11 PM, nw777b said:

I feel another discussion about Ty is about to break out. LOL

Probably...

I do think another transfer QB is on the table now... then let that transfer QB, Thompson and Moore fight it out in practice.

Really want 3 scholarship QBs on the roster. Anymore than that is unreasonable in this day and age.

On 12/6/2022 at 12:19 PM, David Marsh said:

Probably...

I do think another transfer QB is on the table now... then let that transfer QB, Thompson and Moore fight it out in practice.

Really want 3 scholarship QBs on the roster. Anymore than that is unreasonable in this day and age.

I agree!

Editing to add I'm guessing Lanning might be using these comments to signal an opening for others to consider. 

Edited by nw777b
additional thought
  • Thumbs Up 1

DJU enters the chat… 

Don’t love it, but it’s a possibility. He struggled at Clemson. Maybe a fresh start would do him some good? This story sounds familiar. Haha!

• Go Ducks! 1

I've already said it in other posts but for my money Bo goes into the draft (well deserved) and Hudson Card comes to Oregon to compete in the spring.  I think Dante Moore stays committed for spring Ball and it seems like Ty Thompson stays and competes for the starting position. 

I mean Ty "could" enter the portal before the 45 days are up if Card comes here but he might not as well (shrugs).  The second portal window is in May after Spring camp so that's also a possibility for some players.  It's also entirely possible that Ty competes and wins the starting position, he has real talent we just didn't see it this year on the field. 

• Go Ducks! 1

Bummer.  I was really looking forward to Nix battling it out with Penix and Williams next year.  

We need a minimum of 1 QB transfer, maybe two now.  

• Go Ducks! 1

On 12/6/2022 at 11:58 AM, lownslowav8r said:
FLYWAREAGLE.COM

Bo Nix isn't following the offensive coordinator that got the best out of him on the Plains and in Eugene, Kenny Dillingham, and he certainly isn't going t...

This whole article is based on a misquote. That question was about Dj Johnson, not Bo. I have not seen any Oregon reporters show that quote about Bo. 

I think this is turning a quote into an article and unfortunately, they got the foundational quote wrong. 

• Wow 1
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 2

On 12/6/2022 at 1:30 PM, JMac said:

DJU enters the chat… 

Don’t love it, but it’s a possibility. He struggled at Clemson. Maybe a fresh start would do him some good? This story sounds familiar. Haha!

Probably too big of a price from an NIL perspective. 

On 12/6/2022 at 2:18 PM, Nautique Duck said:

This whole article is based on a misquote. That question was about Dj Johnson, not Bo.

Went back to the original 247 article and I believe you are correct.  Pesky details derail an Auburn fan site narrative once again.

• Wow 1

On 12/6/2022 at 5:18 PM, Nautique Duck said:

This whole article is based on a misquote. That question was about Dj Johnson, not Bo. I have not seen any Oregon reporters show that quote about Bo. 

I think this is turning a quote into an article and unfortunately, they got the foundational quote wrong. 

Nautique Duck, you are absolutely correct. When I read this post, I thought it odd that it was coming from an Auburn site. I hadn't seen anything regarding this on Oregon sites, in fact more the opposite.

Lanning was indeed talking about DJ Johnson during his press conference a couple of days ago. Please refer to the transcript below. You will find this exact quote in the first question after his opening statement. That is pretty reckless/stupid of this Auburn writer.

247SPORTS.COM

Oregon head coach Dan Lanning met with the media on Sunday to discuss Oregon's bowl announcement.  Here is a complete...

On 12/6/2022 at 2:57 PM, Pennsylvania Duck said:

Nautique Duck, you are absolutely correct. When I read this post, I thought it odd that it was coming from an Auburn site. I hadn't seen anything regarding this on Oregon sites, in fact more the opposite.

Lanning was indeed talking about DJ Johnson during his press conference a couple of days ago. Please refer to the transcript below. You will find this exact quote in the first question after his opening statement. That is pretty reckless/stupid of this Auburn writer.

247SPORTS.COM

Oregon head coach Dan Lanning met with the media on Sunday to discuss Oregon's bowl announcement.  Here is a complete...

I remember him talking about Johnson now.

Auburn is backside hurt. <---- might be auto corrected...might not.

Bo's ready to go I think, more so than a lot of other college QB's who tried out for a team position.  Plus, he's older and more mature than some who have taken the plunge.  In fact, he's mature enough to make his own decision, on his own - this isn't always the case with some of these young men leaving college.  You know before they go that the professional meat-grinder is going to grind them into fodder.  I think Nix is prepared both mentally and physically with enough tools in his bag to get a real good look at by the Pros. 

Still, I wish he'd stay one more season - but that's a purely selfish reason.

On 12/6/2022 at 7:17 PM, nw777b said:

might be auto corrected...might not.

Not a good excuse. When a writer publishes, it is imperative to check sources, proofread before and after publishing.

• Haha 1
  • Great post! 1

If Bo leaves is there a chance UTSA QB Frank Harris follows Will Stein to Oregon.  He has another year of eligibility and good stats.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/6/2022 at 4:25 PM, Pennsylvania Duck said:

Not a good excuse. When a writer publishes, it is imperative to check sources, proofread before and after publishing.

Oh, you're so Old School!  None of that matters anymore, it's all about 'feelings' and wishes and hopes and everyone getting a trophy.  Don't you know that?  (Of course, I'm speaking purely facetiously).

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/6/2022 at 7:33 PM, Jules said:

If Bo leaves is there a chance UTSA QB Frank Harris follows Will Stein to Oregon.  He has another year of eligibility and good stats.

I had posted this on another thread...

• Thumbs Up 1

I mean sure it's possible Bo stays, he's got great advisors that will give him a feel for where he would likely go in the draft this year and that's most likely 3rd or 4th round.  The question is how likely is he to improve his draft stock in the 2023 season?  The O-line is going to take a step back with 4 starters leaving, they will still be good, just not likely to be as good. 

To make staying for 2023 a benefit for his draft position he would need to move into the first or second round.  To do that he has to show something different in his game play and not just win more games.  He would need to add something new to his skillset. 

NFL scouts aren't dazzled by outstanding college wins, they are looking at how the players play and what development still remains.  They are not as interested in the teams results on the field.  That's why Gonzo is going first or second round sitting on our pretty terrible defenses resume.  That's why Will Levis is going in the first round even though UK lost 5 games this year.

I would love for Bo to stay at Oregon and take another shot at the Heisman but I just can't see why he wouldn't head to the league and work on peaking his skillset there rather than keep taking classes and be restricted to how much team interaction the NCAA will allow.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/6/2022 at 1:46 PM, Duck Fan 76 said:

It's also entirely possible that Ty competes and wins the starting position, he has real talent we just didn't see it this year on the field. 

giphy.gif

Duck Fan 76...I think you are very kind and generous.

• Let’s hope! 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 12/6/2022 at 4:34 PM, Mic said:

it's all about 'feelings' and wishes and hopes and everyone getting a trophy

And I get the trophy for “Most Gullible.”  🙈

• Haha 1

Simply another story designed to get clicks. They probably knew it was incorrect, but a Bo Nix story to a hard-core War Dam Eagle person is clickbait candy. That being said:

I think Mr. Nix is a winner, although somewhat of an enigma.  Heck, if I'm an NFL GM and all you show me is Bo getting hurt against the dirty stinking Fuskies and then show me the following week against the Oots, I'm drafting him in the first round!

I believe that the story of Bo Nix in the NFL will come down to the luck of the team that drafts him. I always get a kick out of someone saying so and so, or Joey Harrington was a washout as an NFL quarterback. My response is always, "Yeah? Well, let's put him behind Tom Brady's Patriots offensive line and see if he's any better." I'm sure there are many "washout" quarterbacks that could have had a perfectly fine, or even stellar career with a different team. But if you get drafted by the Browns, Lions or some team as historically bad, your career life expectancy is seriously jeopardized.