Desert Duck

Are You Going to the Holiday Bowl?

I'm curious what the interest level is regarding Duck fans going to the Holiday Bowl. I'm wondering who around here is planning on going, might be going, or is not going. 

It's relatively close for us, which definitely helped make our decision to go. It should be an exciting game. Plus, it's San Diego.

I looked at tickets but being it's a baseball field I wasn't sure how the view was in some sections. 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 12/6/2022 at 1:19 PM, Desert Duck said:

I'm curious what the interest level is regarding Duck fans going to the Holiday Bowl. I'm wondering who around here is planning on going, might be going, or is not going. 

It's relatively close for us, which definitely helped make our decision to go. It should be an exciting game. Plus, it's San Diego.

Yes, it's San Diego and I am going.

If you choose to go, make sure you sit on the Pac-12 side of the stadium. It's much closer to the field.

• Thumbs Up 2

We just got home from a trip that started five hours after the midnight, freezing Utah game with a flight to New Orleans. Rented a car and looped SEC country to bring our total of states visited to 49. The wife wonders why we don't play in Hawaii. 

We had friends in San Diego and went to two previous Holiday Bowls. Had a great time and even visited Tijuana and Rosarita Beach when it was safer to do so. I will always picture Joey bumbleing, stumbling, recieving a touchdown catch. 

No longer having friends there, we will snuggle next to the fireplace and watch and root in the comfort of our livingroom. 

I am going to the Holiday Bowl in that we will drive 26 miles to town and take in the game at the local pizza parlor/pub.  I can't get it on my home TV.  Does that count?

Yes

On 12/6/2022 at 3:12 PM, DUCKED said:

Yes, it's San Diego and I am going.

If you choose to go, make sure you sit on the Pac-12 side of the stadium. It's much closer to the field.

Thanks for the tip!

I am going - don’t tell anyone - haha

Look for the one guy in red on the Oregon side.   

Does this hat work with a red hoodie?

F82FBA4F-2266-4B6E-A26D-597EED463A19.jpeg

• Great post! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Nope.

• Haha 1

Free tickets from an advertising company so most likely going. Not a fan of football fields jammed into a baseball stadium but can tough it out for one night. Man are we spoiled in modern life or what? My Dad was hopping freight trains at age 13 during the depression and I have to ponder being too far from the field. He used to say "if that is the worst thing you have to worry about you got it pretty good." LOL!

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1