Charles Fischer

A Player I am Surprised That Has NOT Gone Into the Portal...

...is Kris Hutson.  It seems he was always being watched by both Cristobal and Lanning as a loose cannon who can create a penalty or a mistake at any time.  He is a good receiver who helped us, but it also seems he thinks he is much more indispensable than he actually is.  I don't want him to leave, but I also want better judgment on running out kickoffs, and antics after he made a good catch.

Agree?

Remember this little
"conference" during the season?

Another Lanning-Hutson Conference_Fox Sports Video.jpg

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

Hutson is the #2 WR for Oregon for receptions and yards.  Seems like it would make sense to stay.

As much as I never want to see him field a KO or punt again, he is a solid WR with good hands who can get open.

Lanning's sideline attitude readjustment approach seemed more effective than MC's 'light you up like a road flare' technique. I hope he stays and just gains some maturity. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I certainly do not want him to leave. I would like better judgement, of course, from him and others.

I personally like Hutson a lot and think he is quite valuable to us.  Go Ducks.

Is it my imagination, or did it appear that Hutson had to stand near Lanning during the games?  I think this was the MO with Cristobal, and it sure seemed that he would be standing near Lanning, and his visage was one of not wanting to be there?

Did you get that impression?

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 12/7/2022 at 9:11 AM, Charles Fischer said:

Is it my imagination, or did it appear that Hutson had to stand near Lanning during the games?  I think this was the MO with Cristobal, and it sure seemed that he would be standing near Lanning, and his visage was one of not wanting to be there?

Did you get that impression?

Agreed, Charles. I recall a couple of TV sideline looks where the offense was rolling without him on the field (12 sets, for example, with Cota and Franklin at WR) and he looked like someone moistened his cornflakes. 

I think that he was a significant part of the offense this season and has been told as much by the coaches. I'll wager they also put up some behavioral guardrails for him to stay between. I guess we'll see.

It is very interesting to me that we have not heard a whisper about Ty Thompson.  Butterfield entered the portal, Moore is locked in on Oregon according to reports, it APPEARS that Bo may be headed to the NFL.  And all the while, not a peep about TT.  

• Thumbs Up 1

Hutson seemed to get his attitude in check as the year went on. 

He is passionate and his temper can flare and get him in trouble. 

I do think it is a testiment to his relationship with Lanning that he seems to be sticking with the team. 

He reminds me of the Uncontrolled Version of Charles Nelson.  But instead of being reliable, loves the tumble and catch than just catching the ball.  Likes the attention of a falling to the ground catch.  Him and Darren Carrington II made for a good tandem.  Like Franklin and Hutson.  But Cota was reliable, that will be missed.

On 12/7/2022 at 11:36 AM, EzDucksIt said:

He reminds me of the Uncontrolled Version of Charles Nelson.  But instead of being reliable, loves the tumble and catch than just catching the ball.  Likes the attention of a falling to the ground catch.  Him and Darren Carrington II made for a good tandem.  Like Franklin and Hutson.  But Cota was reliable, that will be missed.

A catch and (save the tumble apre') rumble into the end zone would easily be an upgrade...

• Applause 1

On 12/7/2022 at 9:00 AM, EastBayDuckDad said:

As much as I never want to see him field a KO or punt again, he is a solid WR with good hands who can get open.

Lanning's sideline attitude readjustment approach seemed more effective than MC's 'light you up like a road flare' technique. I hope he stays and just gains some maturity. 

Hutson didn't do a damn thing when he caught that pass.  It was routine.  And he acted like he was superb.  Pee Wee kids catch passes for first downs.

I can't tell how much money kids like Kris Hutson cost my company this year.  

That's why I applaud Cristobal's meltdown.  Kids are a huge liability these days.  Because of behavior and attitudes like Hutson's.  

I don't know when it started.  Don't care.  Until it stops, I'm going to be firing dozens of kids like Kris Hutson.