Haywarduck

What If Lanning Hired An Extremely Controversial DB Coach?

Lanning hired Tosh and there are other coaches who have had issues. If Lanning hired Lake as the DB coach it would pretty much guarantee great DB's and a shut down backfield. Wins over the dawgs and beavs would be much more likely.

Could this happen and what would everyone say?

Great recruiter and DB coach. Pretty good DC. Only likes kids with big brains, though.

• Mic drop 1

No, not yet. I have to think there are equally good coaches without the poor judgment. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Are we sure Lake even wants to return to college football as a DB coach?

Before taking over at the UW, I believe he was the highest paid assistant in the conference, then collected at least a year's pay and then about a $10 million dollar buy-out. I imagine he is sitting comfortably and will resurface somewhere in the NFL or as a HC at a needy collage or at least a DC once time reduces a bit of the stigma associated with his leaving the UW.

Great question!

I am a hard no on Lake for his lack of sportsmanship. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Pretty hard to hold kids accountable when a coach hasn't been.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/7/2022 at 1:41 PM, Kurt Rambis said:

Pretty hard to hold kids accountable when a coach hasn't been.

Right.......there.....

Are we a, win at all cost, school? Going down this road just further cements that we have no intestinal fortitude and dignity left. Win at all costs and when we lose then it all crumbles underneath us. I love the beholden to accountability mantra. 

Edited by 1Funduck
  • Thumbs Up 1

Agree integrity matters, also agree something needs to happen to upgrade our backfield. Lake would be a mistake, but it would be a mistake not to do something different in this area.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sorry, I would rather be disappointed in our DBs than have Lake associated with our Ducks.

• Thumbs Up 1

We might want to give Coach Meat more than a year?  Especially when you look at his ranking among all assistant coaches in the Pac-12 for recruiting...

247SPORTS.COM

Here's a rundown of what the Pac-12 recruiter rankings look like after the recent addition of four-star athlete Kenyon Sadiq.

Mr. FishDuck