Pennsylvania Duck

An Honest Transfer Posting...What Do You Think?

This posting by Dillon Johnson, RB, Mississippi State, has created quite a stir on Twitter.

He is transferring after what appears to be conversation with Mike Leach.

Many people on Twitter feel he is not going to get any offers after roasting his coach...change the posting NOW!

Others feel ok with this and the honesty is rather refreshing. Bulldog fans feel he was a pretty good player and good for team.

This is the only announcement I have seen like this. Most are repetitive and rather benign.

What do you think? Will he get offers or did he put the nail on the coffin?

ESPN Stats

WWW.ESPN.COM

Latest on Mississippi State Bulldogs running back Dillon Johnson including news, stats, videos, highlights and more on ESPN

• Yikes! 1

Uh oh, probably not the best way to share your Resume. 

I will say though, this is a new world. It doesn't matter if I like it or not, kids these days are going to verbalize to the world their displeasure. It is definitely a lack of respect for authority. It smacks of me'ism. And, I'm guessing, the kid's efforts are really what are being questioned. His heart and desire to find his limits, his potential is being 'Coached' out of him.

Some kids dont do well to adverse and tough environments. I wonder what his previous Coaches have to say about his 'Character'.

On 12/8/2022 at 5:52 AM, 1Funduck said:

Some kids dont do well to adverse and tough environments. I wonder what his previous Coaches have to say about his 'Character'.

His comment lines up perfectly with Leach's classless character based on past statements and actions that are well documented. 

But, the kid gets pounded for revealing truth. One post and his character is challenged?

When did truth become the enemy?

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Like 1

Mike leech is a lawsuit waiting to happen and a man of low character. I would be surprised if more of his team doesn’t transfer out like this.

• Thumbs Up 4

On 12/8/2022 at 6:36 AM, nw777b said:

His comment lines up perfectly with Leach's classless character based on past statements and actions that are well documented. 

But, the kid gets pounded for revealing truth. One post and his character is challenged?

When did truth become the enemy?

Truth should never be the enemy. But, I am reminded that just because you can doesn't mean you should. A few words are always taken out of context and the Young gentleman did himself no favors. He actually created more questions. Some of those, not all, will be about his character. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I have a lot of respect for Mike Leach! He is a genius when it comes to the X’s and O’s of the game. I don’t think he did anything wrong here. He’s just trying to get his players to reach their ultimate potential!

I'd have to know a LOT more to be able to weigh in here on one side or the other. 

On the one hand I've been in the situation where I'm mentoring very junior (under 21) employees on core values and that's a really difficult situation and often a low probability of success. 

On the other hand football still has dinosaurs like Urban Meyer who worship at the Paul Bryant alter not realizing that before he died even Paul Bryant regretted what he did to the Junction Boys. 

Seeing that Mike Leach is a toxic nutcase, I'm totally supportive of what the young man had to say.

I don't think his statement will hurt him, as I'm sure every other program is aware of what Mike Leach is.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/8/2022 at 7:26 AM, 1Funduck said:

Truth should never be the enemy. But, I am reminded that just because you can doesn't mean you should. A few words are always taken out of context and the Young gentleman did himself no favors. He actually created more questions. Some of those, not all, will be about his character. 

Very true. But it's too bad Leach gets a free pass, at least for now.

Leach is in a position of influence and power over this young man. I believe the young man is a victim of abuse (could be wrong).

If he is, he may not have felt safe and yet wanted to call him out.

So, Leach should be questioned.

Remember what the REAL problem here is....  😂

• Yikes! 1

Mr. FishDuck

Sometimes we forget, these players are just kids. They come from all walks of life, and not all of them have advisors that filter what they say. 

That being said, I laughed at his message, good for him. We’ve all seen how Leach can be a complete idiot.

Would I have done the same thing? Probably not. Is he going to get swooped up? Of course he is. This isn’t going to hurt his on-field production in the slightest… unless he gets picked up by OBD and is stashed behind our three-headed monster backfield… 😂

On 12/8/2022 at 9:30 AM, Charles Fischer said:

Remember what the REAL problem here is....  😂

I can't believe Leach said those things! Well, I can, but I don't want to.

Mike Leach has a well known habit of publicly throwing his players under the bus. In his case, I don't mind players publicly calling him out. In fact I would encourage it.

Huskies Offer Mississippi State RB Who Had Parting Dig for Leach

Dylan Johnson made big news with his candid response for transferring.

The 6-foot, 215-pound junior tailback apparently heard a recording leaked publicly of Leach denigrating his playing approach

once the coach learned he was exiting the SEC program and Johnson cited it in his farewell Twitter post.

The Husky coaching staff appears to be seeking a veteran running back to replace Wayne Taulapapa, the Virginia transfer who currently leads

the UW team in rushing with 779 yards and has scored 10 TDs heading into the Alamo Bowl, and has 21 receptions for 208 yards and another score.

With two years of eligibility remaining, he also holds offers from Syracuse and Louisville. 

WWW.SI.COM

Dylan Johnson made big news with his candid response for transferring.