lownslowav8r

Wouldn’t Count on Jurrion Dickey’s Commitment

What a business model. 🙀

So this an online auction?

On 12/8/2022 at 9:37 AM, noDucknewby said:

So this an online auction?

Somewhat sad. Makes me wonder if a person who does this will leave as soon as a bigger paycheck is flashed somewhere else.

It seems to me that greater considerations for choosing a school would be 1) how well will they prepare me for the next level, 2) does the school/team seem like a place that I can fit in well?, and 3) what does my family think of my choice?

If, after these considerations Dickey decided to commit to Oregon, why not just make a card for Oregon fans?

If these considerations don't put one of the schools in a clear lead, I suppose the recruit could justify this by asking, How much do the fans want me to come? Of course, this is only a one time monetary gain. I wouldn't think that it would offset a difference in 3-4 years of NIL money.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well bless his heart if true,

Read an article in The Athletic about ATM and all the 5-stars they bought recruited. As we all know, things did not work out as boasted about; numerous suspensions and inabilities to adjust to college life. ATM has had 20 players scurry to the portal so far, nearly double what Oregon has had.

• Thumbs Up 2

As I've mentioned in the past, my feelings about NIL were on the fence at the beginning.  As time goes on, I'm liking it less and less and now of the mind that it's ruining college football.  

• Great post! 1

He has to list multiple schools. It has nothing to do with his commitment being in question. If Tennessee or Penn State people bid on their card, they can get 85 percent of their money back if he commits to Oregon. It's just the kid being sponsored by a card company and getting paid for it rather than the card company doing it on their own without paying him for it. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Hmm, does Dickey have the ability to see how many people are paying for the card? Does he see the tally BEFORE he makes his choice.

Lets say people buy his 'Volunteer' card for $5. 100,000 fans 'Buy' that card. Oregon has 28,000 'purchases', and PSU has 175,000.

The payout would be as follows:

Tennessee---$425,000.00

Oregon---------$119,000.00

PSU--------------$743,750.00

Where would you go?

This reeeeeeeeaaaaaaks!!!!!

Hey Coach Lanning? Don't pay'em. The real money goes to the QB and the offensive line. Belichek has been using average wide receivers for years. You give an excellent QB 3 seconds and the other team is toast. An average QB will find the open receiver and make said receiver look above average. Throw some bones at the O-line mi' amigo.

Edit: I think I will keep my mouth shut in the future. This is getting real hard in whom to trust

Edited by 1Funduck
  • Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Jurrion cleared it up in a tweet an hour ago. It is a marketing gimmick.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 2

If I was HC, I would revoke my scholarship offers to these prima donnas and let them be cancers in some other team's locker room. Oregon has won with OKG's before and I don't see why Oregon can't do it again.

Obviously, we would like to haul in as many blue-chip players as we can, but more importantly, haul in those blue-chip players who truly want to be at Oregon and work their tails off and compete.

One example that was brought up is aTm and its "bought" team. It's not only the talent that makes a winner although of course it helps, but also the work ethic and being team players.

When a player commits and enrolls at that schools, fans who bought the card will receive a physical or web3 collectable version of the card. Fans of schools who lost the recruitment battle can turn the card in and receive 85% of their money back.

“The thing that is most exciting for us is what our vision is, which is empowering athletes and fans to own the NIL space in a way that that serves a real need,” Prospex co-founder Patricia Eiting said. “The idea is that it’s this fun and engaging platform that helps athletes determine which schools are really going to step up and support them.”

My cynical guess is the most exciting aspect is they skim 15% off the top plus it appears they can keep the money for nine months "until the athlete enrolls in school".  They do cap it at 200 cards from any single individual ($20,000.00) to prevent "undue influence".  

On 12/8/2022 at 7:32 PM, OceaniaDuck said:

Oregon has won with OKG's before and I don't see why Oregon can't do it again.

Isn't that a Husky term? 🤢

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/8/2022 at 8:32 PM, OceaniaDuck said:

Oregon has won with OKG's before and I don't see why Oregon can't do it again.

I think I know what an OKG is from the context of your post, but what does it stand for? I've never seen that acronym before.

On 12/8/2022 at 7:09 PM, Pennsylvania Duck said:

I think I know what an OKG is from the context of your post, but what does it stand for? I've never seen that acronym before.

Our Kinda Guys. In Seattle, guys with prowess.

• Thanks 1