jrw

Dante Moore Reportedly Visiting UCLA

Everything feels as if it's built on quicksand, these days.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

According to a report from 247Sports, Oregon’s 5-star QB Dante Moore is potentially taking a visit to UCLA this weekend.

• Oh no! 1
  • Yikes! 1

Thanks for the post, @jrw!

If I am a HS senior 5* QB from Michigan, you better believe I’m taking an all-expense paid trip to the University of California Los Angeles in the middle of winter.

Frankly, I might question the judgment and attitude of the HS senior 5* QB from Michigan who doesn’t take that trip. 😂

If he hasn’t already taken his official to Eugene, let’s hope he does it in Spring. 🙏

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/8/2022 at 6:02 PM, Dr Hilarius said:

If I am a HS senior 5* QB from Michigan, you better believe I’m taking an all-expense paid trip to the University of California Los Angeles in the middle of winter.

Frankly, I might question the judgment and attitude of the HS senior 5* QB from Michigan who doesn’t take that trip. 😂

If he hasn’t already taken his official to Eugene, let’s hope he does it in Spring. 🙏

Tru dat. I grew up in Illinois, and I could only dream about Southern California in December.

Think they're using the likely BIG move to entice him? Live in Southern California, but play close to home, does have an appeal to it.

Edited by jrw
  • Thumbs Up 3

All of the above, with DTR leaving, and Chip Kelly's brand of offense, I'm sure that unfortunately will prove very tempting for Dante Moore to flip.

• Thumbs Up 1

Also, given the ability to transfer, checking out a potential future home (if Oregon doesn’t work out) is smart. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/8/2022 at 6:02 PM, Dr Hilarius said:

Hopefully he's a Eugene resident in the spring.

• Thanks 1

The first thing I look for in this forum every day is to make sure Dante Moore has not decommitted. So, this is not good, not good at all!

• Go Ducks! 1

@2002duck, I hear ya.

Let’s focus on the positives. 

On 12/8/2022 at 7:37 PM, Dr Hilarius said:

@2002duck, I hear ya.

Let’s focus on the positives. 

Chip Kelly’s offense does not prepare QBs for the NFL.

Oregon’s fans show up to football games. 

Edited by OregonDucks
Expand
  • Go Ducks! 1

On 12/8/2022 at 11:30 PM, OregonDucks said:

Chip Kelly’s offense does not prepare QBs for the NFL.

Oregon’s fans show up to football games. 

Yes, unfortunately there is truth to that. Ironically, Mario Cristobal's boring vanilla offensive scheme probably did a better job preparing QB's for the NFL as it's probably closest to the type of offenses run in the league.

And yes, hardly anyone shows up to UCLA football games. The Bruins should really try establish some kind of football home closer to campus.

He'll either come to Oregon or he won't.  I can't hold my breathe worrying about the decisions of 17-and-18-year-old kids.  He may be visiting for a free trip, to try to do some stealth recruiting for Oregon among UCLA recruits, just to make sure of his decision, because he's having second thoughts, or whatever.  

• Thumbs Up 1

Indicates that BO is coming back?

If Dante comes to Oregon he will be competing for PAC Conference Titles, Rose Bowl and NY6 Bowls. In 2024 and 2025, CFP invites. He will be playing at the highest level on national tv.

At UCLA, very little of the above. UCLA has to replace a number of 5th and 6th year players and Chip will have to get busy in the portal. Dante and his teammates will have to go thru usuck, tOSU, Penn State and Michigan to even sniff a BIG title game, RB, NY6 bowl or a CFP invite.

Oregon is positioned to show case Dante and the Bruins? Maybe not so much.......

• Thumbs Up 3

LOOK: 5-star Oregon QB Dante Moore posts pictures of visit to UCLA

The reported news that Oregon Ducks fans were nervous about earlier in the week came true over the weekend,

with 5-star quarterback Dante Moore taking an official visit to Los Angeles to see Chip Kelly and the UCLA Bruins.

The site of your prized recruit — the highest-rated QB to ever commit to the Ducks — in a UCLA uniform just

a couple of weeks ahead of signing day is not easy to see.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

After his visit to UCLA this weekend, Oregon’s 5-star QB Dante Moore posted pictures in a Bruins’ jersey on his Instagram.

Can't blame the kid for visiting as a free agent and taking advantage of good weather in the winter.

NIL bucks could keep him in Eugene?

Since Bo hasn't said either way if he's going or staying and since he's playing in the Bowl game that would lead one to believe he's staying. 

Looks like Moore wants to start next year and UCLA is a team that needs a new QB. 

Worth checking out UCLA from his perspective. Nice year your round weather and excellent academics. Plus playing for Chip has some benefits and Dante could be the replacement for DTR. That said Eugene is a great college town with better facilities not to mention more passionate fans. Plus he will be surrounded by superior talent as a Duck with a higher probability of going to the playoffs. Hope he sticks with his commitment. 

I thought that Oregon was his dream school?

On 12/11/2022 at 9:02 AM, GODUCKS15 said:

Looks like Moore wants to start next year and UCLA is a team that needs a new QB. 

Someone should tell Moore that there is no guarantee that UCLA or any other school won’t bring in a transfer QB. Chip should be fired if he put all of his eggs in one basket, that of an 18 year old. He was on the hot seat last year, and one would have to believe that UCLA will take a step or two back next year. 

DJ Uiagalelei’s name has been thrown out there as a possible transfer to UCLA. That would be a good fit. 

Is what it is or will be.  I hope he signs with us, but if not Oregon will survive.  It is a new world in college football and I am not going to stress day after day about the choices HS kids make.  He should do what makes himself happy and growing up in Michigan, he knows about crappy weather.  I have confidence in Dan Lanning to get us recruits!

• Thumbs Up 3

On 12/11/2022 at 11:07 AM, OregonDucks said:

Someone should tell Moore that there is no guarantee that UCLA or any other school won’t bring in a transfer QB. Chip should be fired if he put all of his eggs in one basket, that of an 18 year old. He was on the hot seat last year, and one would have to believe that UCLA will take a step or two back next year. 

DJ Uiagalelei’s name has been thrown out there as a possible transfer to UCLA. That would be a good fit. 

Agree. Pure speculation at this point. This move by Moore does reek of prima donna though. 

Rumors flying now that he is going to visit tOSU.  

Where is Hines when you need him?  

I don’t think Moore’s trip to LA is about getting some sunshine.

He is reconsidering his options, especially since Dilly is gone and it looks like Bo MAY be coming back.

He might start right away at UCLA. That and the opportunity to play several games closer to home may be too attractive to turn down.

The best thing about the actual football-playing season is that we deal in facts: passing yards, rushing attempts, wins, losses, that sort of thing.

The off-season? Rumors, speculation, opinions, predictions, innuendo...how about a 12-month season?

• Applause 1

Well it was fun while it lasted.

FWIW...

There is so much going on around the college football recruiting landscape that in today’s Tuesdays with Gorney,

Rivals national recruiting director Adam Gorney offers his thoughts on some big headlines and other rumors

floating around a little more than a week before signing day:

OREGON.RIVALS.COM

Is UCLA close to flipping five-star QB Dante Moore?

Chip is going to DAT us. 

"No one is talking much which makes me think the Bruins have a real chance to flip him."  Doesn't that translate to 'I have no idea but speculation gets more clicks and clicks mean money'?

• Thumbs Up 1

Chip Kelly is 27-28 while at UCLA. While at Oregon he was 46-7.

Dante might want to consider where he wants to end up a little better than Chip did. He might also want to consider why Chip didn't have him come down for a regular league game. An empty stadium isn't a pretty site.

On 12/13/2022 at 1:40 PM, Haywarduck said:

Chip Kelly is 27-28 while at UCLA. While at Oregon he was 46-7.

Dante might want to consider where he wants to end up a little better than Chip did. He might also want to consider why Chip didn't have him come down for a regular league game. An empty stadium isn't a pretty site.

SoCal and sunshine. LA vibe. Warm beaches, unlimited night life. Hard to say what would sway an 18 year old from Detroit.