Ktmguy2018

Caleb Williams Wins the Heisman

🤮

This is so due to his play from last year heading into this year.  Yeah, he played well, but I don't believe he was the best player in college football.

Off the top of my head I can think of three or four players who will be playing in the playoffs who I thought we more valuable to their teams and better players.

• Yikes! 1

This Heisman brought to you by the USC HYPE train! 

• Thumbs Up 1

The GRIFT that keeps on giving...

• Thumbs Up 1

You guys already said what I wanted to say.  No credibility in this award.

Wasn’t Williams the overwhelming favorite to win?

That’s three Heisman’s for Lincoln Riley in the last six years. He obviously knows how to develop quarterbacks, and quickly.

All three were transfers.

Caleb Williams’ regretful message to losing Heisman candidates after winning trophy

“I may be the one standing up here today, but you all get to go to the College Football Playoff.

Guess you can’t win ‘em all,” said Caleb Williams after being named winner of the Heisman Trophy.

Williams recently made headlines as he doubled down on comparisons being made to Kansas City Chiefs

star Patrick Mahomes, acknowledging that he believes he has every tool that the former NFL MVP has to offer.

Well, we know he's not humble...

WWW.MSN.COM

USC Trojans quarterback Caleb Williams just snagged the greatest individual plum that college football has to offer after being...

Todays Sports Quiz: 

Two quarterbacks played hurt against Utah in 2022. One of them won the game; one of them lost. 

Which received the Heisman Trophy? 

• Yikes! 1
  • Great post! 2
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 12/11/2022 at 10:23 AM, Triphibius said:

Todays Sports Quiz: 

Two quarterbacks played hurt against Utah in 2022. One of them won the game; one of them lost. 

Which received the Heisman Trophy? 

Caleb Williams played against Utah . . . twice . . . lost both times, and the last time was NOT close (and Williams was responsible for 2 turnovers!).   Bo Nix played them on one leg, and helped the Ducks to an ugly, close win over the Utes.

I thought "character" and integrity counted when considering those in Heisman contention.  Well, I happen to think that painting "F__k Utah" on your fingernails shows a lack of class, respect, and character.  Good for the Utes . . . who were aided by Williams' coach leaving him in to get battered by the Utah rush over and over again in the second half (7 sacks) . . .  nice work there, Link.

This is nothing but an LA media hype story . . . if Williams was not at USC, he would not have won the Heisman, period.   In 2014, Mariota won with gaudy numbers, but also led his team into the playoff, actually winning(!) a conference championship and playoff game . . . and demonstrated unassailable personal character . . . you knew he respected every opponent, no matter how he was personally treated. 

The Heisman is now a beauty contest . . . and excuse me, while I take a moment to go vomit.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 3