30Duck

Could Shough End Up At Arizona?

It's not what I was thinking when I wished Tyler the best when he entered the transfer portal, but according to this story from zonazealots.com, it's mutual. 

See the source image

Well, I wish Tyler success at AZ or wherever, except if and when he might play the Ducks, of course. 🙂

I really think he ought to go to a smaller school and get his confidence back--being put into another QB room with five others is not a healing scenario for him, IMHO.

Tyler Shough in pocket_ESPN Video.jpg

Mr. FishDuck

I hope he also has a Master's program picked out. His strength and almost all players end game is academics. He also has this as a priority so he will undoubtedly end up well.

I also wish him well on the field, unless he is playing against the green and yellow!

Just weird. I was talking to a friend yesterday about Shough and we both thought he would end up at AU. Its back home. Its with a team that he will win the starting job immediately. AU has no place to go but up. As far as Shough gaining confidence, I don't think its as fragile as everyone thinks. I always got the impression that the coaching staff had high expectations and when a QB goes through a hiccup of a spell, that its part of the growing process.

I can't think of a past QB that hasn't had growing pains. But our coaching staff sure seemed twitchy when Shough got a bit wonkey. Lets not forget, our Defense seems to be a bit porous making it difficult on the Offense. We weren't world beaters on any level last year. Last year was such an anomaly. We were just so young.  I personally think he would have been fine this coming year. But, I believe he will be fine next year at AU. I hope he does well. And when they have their rivalry with the territorial cup, I hope he puts it on ASU.  

Going to a bad major program that plays against less-bad programs... I guess it's a move.

If he goes there, even assuming he wins the job he's going to do a lot of losing. I am not sure that players like him aren't better off being one injury away from a major role on a good team. I guess we'll see...

I know that Shough had Ivy League offers from high school, would an Ivy League School still let him in to be their ringer, if his grades are still strong?  Has that ever happened in that kind of academia?  I agree with the above posts that Shough's confidence is the biggest concern.  When he was playing his 1st 2 games, he was having fun and the offense looked good.  He lost to the Beavs and BLAMO, something happened and that snowballed further against Cal.  Tyler can still play this game in the right environment but a bad D-1 school and his confidence could permanently shattered. 

Arizona would be the choice if he wants to be close to home.

Though... I wouldn't be surprised if Oregon State were to emerge as a contender for him. He has lots of family ties to OSU and he does still have some family in Oregon.

I wish him the best of luck and IF he goes to Arizona and IF he ends up starting I think Oregon's defense will handle him just fine thank you!

I sense poise and not confidence as his issue. He didn’t make quick or accurate reads and at times looked panicky. I think he thinks he’s confident but deer in the headlights and the occasional panicked Chuck a duck doesn’t cut it in Div 1. 

2 hours ago, Vandownbytheriverduck said:

Chuck a duck

I resemble that!

Mr. FishDuck