Notalot

Mike Leach Passed Age 61

Statement From Mississippi State University on Head Football Coach Mike Leach - Mississippi State

HAILSTATE.COM

Statement from Mississippi State University on Head Football Coach Mike Leach.

MSU Bulldog family, college football community mourns the death of Coach Mike Leach

Mississippi State University Head Football Coach Michael Charles "Mike" Leach passed away last night (Monday, Dec. 12)

at the University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson, Mississippi, following complications from a heart condition. He was 61.

HAILSTATE.COM

Mississippi State University Head Football Coach Michael Charles "Mike" Leach passed away last night (Monday, Dec. 12) at the...

Sad to hear that. Rest in peace Coach. You were one of a kind.

• Like 2

From never having played football college football, to his fascination with pirates, he was a true free spirit who had a large impact on a broad audience. The pirate left the world a better place, and had fun while doing it, a life well lived!

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 2

Innovative yes, interesting to be sure. Fun to watch and listen to. His passing reminds us that every day is a gift. 

• Great post! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 1

Garr!

• Haha 1

I always hated it when the Ducks had to play his Cougars. That's gotta be the highest praise you can have for an opposing coach. 

The guy had a fascinating mind; always a great interview. You never knew what he was going to talk about when he went on some tangent.

Truly a sad day for the sports world.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 2

Wow, sad day for sure.

RIP Coach, I always enjoyed your interviews and particularly your views on male-female relationships and interactions.

Thanks, coach, for bringing us some fun football.  Condolences to his loved ones and team.  RIP Coach Leach.

• Thumbs Up 2

Admittedly, I don’t know a ton about Coach Leach but I always admired his honesty and that he spoke his mind in a direct and straightforward way. He was a great interviewer and seemed to have interests and an opinion in many different areas.  

Coach Leach had a positive impact on many young men and coaches over his career, and will be remember by college football fans for his innovative Air Raid offensive.  

My heart goes out to his family and friends.  Gone too soon.  RIP Coach Leach. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 2

From Mike Leach's family...Click to see entire message.

Can’t say it any better than he said it himself, “Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.” Where ever you are Mike, don’t ever stop keeping them surprised and guessing. We miss you.

Edited by Washington Waddler
grammar
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 2

RIP Pirate! I wonder if he saw the green flash? 

• Mic drop 1

RIP Coach....

I always got the feeling that he was just one of the guys sitting around my backyard firepit and drinking a 'Social Lubricant', but was voiced for all the world to hear.

You get to speak your mind and sometimes what is said isn't politically correct. It's mostly accurate, usually funny, and is always needed to let off a little steam. 

I would have 'Loved' to have him around my firepit once or twice and pick his brain. It would have been marked on my historical calendar. 

I ask, what other coach would garner such attention and emotion from the sports world.

FWIW, I'm still laughing about his rant on 'Little Fat Girlfriends'. He was the best!!!!

Edited by 1Funduck
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

While I wasn’t a fan of his politics, I am a big fan of his humor.  Here is a classic that is worthy of sharing during the holidays.   The women loved this a couple Thanksgivings ago.   RIP Coach Leach.  Mike Leach on weddings - YouTube  

I always wondered what a train wreck a Bill Walton interview of the Pirate would have looked like...

RIP. coach! 

I can imagine Keith Jackson peeking out the Pearly Gaes and spying Leach headed in... 

• Go Ducks! 1

Whether you agree with Mike Leach or not, you have to admit he was one of a kind. I will always remember his news conferences. More often than not, they would go off course and bring a laugh/smile to many of us. One of my favorites is below. He is talking about which Pac-12 mascot would win in a fight. May you RIP, Coach.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

WATCH Pac-12 Network: Remembering Mike Leach

PAC-12.COM

Following the news of Mike Leach's passing, Ashley Adamson, Yogi Roth and Bruce Feldman shared their thoughts and memories of...