nogerO

Ducks Getting Hammered by UCLA

Where’s Sedona?

1 hour ago, nogerO said:

Where’s Sedona?

Well, she played 21 minutes for five points and zero rebounds.  (Yup, you read that right)  The Womens had their lunch handed to them in a 27 point defeat to the Bruins 83-56.  I think I will pass on any game recap, and instead enjoy the incredible background photo of Franck Kepnang blocking a shot, courtesy of photographer Gary Breedlove.

• Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

How long did it take for the girls to get down by 20 ??

Not long. 

10 hours ago, Charles Fischer said:

Well, she played 21 minutes for five points and zero rebounds.  (Yup, you read that right)  The Womens had their lunch handed to them in a 27 point defeat to the Bruins 83-56.  I think I will pass on any game recap, and instead enjoy the incredible background photo of Franck Kepnang blocking a shot, courtesy of photographer Gary Breedlove.

I checked the score at halftime and she hadn't played at all according to the EsecPN boxscore.  Can't imagine why they had it wrong.  Seems KG has a problem with the ladies right now.  Hopefully they figure it out and soon!!

GO Ducks!!!

They have no legs under their jumpers and they are getting blown past by stronger more in shape teams. Stanford, UCLA, AZ..... 

I'd like to forget for a second  if they can  beat the teams above "this year" but rather can they even stay competitive?  If I'm being honest this looks diet,  conditioning and confidence  to me.... 

I'd also add that I think all these young Ducks are figuring out in a hurry how much of a jump  it is from high school awesome  to D-1 struggling and the humbling role that can take. 

Payback was on UCLA's mind! (We beat some very good UCLA teams the last several years!). They played aggressive and physical all night, shot well, and crushed us on the boards (47 to 24). Oh yes, they received the benefit of more foul calls as well (19-11).  Next year is our payback.

Makes us realize just how much we miss the GOAT and her partners in destruction Ruthy and Satou.  I was hoping we would be able to carry on, but with the out of synch practices and schedules and everything else, this year is a learning experience. 

Next year they will be without Boley and Giomi and that will be the start of a totally new roster.  Personally I think losing Boley is a blessing in disguise.  She takes up so many minutes on the floor and sometimes the returns are next to nothing.  More PT for the new kids.  Kelly needs to bring in some big physical players as ours seem to get bumped out of the way far too often.  Wonder how much they are hitting the weights?  They look kinda weak and out of shape to me.  Paopao is having a very frustrating season, but being asked to take over for the GOAT is a big bite to swallow.