nogerO

It's not said often enough...Thank You Charles!

For the great gathering spot.  It takes a lot of work I know and we appreciate it sir!

• Thumbs Up 6

True that! I've been a silent reader of fishduck for many many years. The new evolution is great!

• Thumbs Up 1

And just as importantly you have saved our loved ones from our rambling about our Ducks. In that regard you have probably save many relationships. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I absolutely echo the sentiment!  The FishDuck site just keeps getting better and better.

With great foresight, much passion and an insane amount of work, Charles has created a haven for Ducks to flock to.  It is a safe place to share your thoughts and concerns about our Mighty Ducks and know that even if other fans disagree, you can learn and grow, without being attacked for your opinion.

That is something entirely too rare on today’s internet, on for that Mr. FishDuck, we thank you and applaud your tenacity!

Well done sir, well done indeed!

• Thumbs Up 1

Well my friends....we still have some very cool stuff to add, but dang...the learning curve is steep.  I am currently at this moment putting together my notes for my online meeting with my forum developer tomorrow.  So much to learn yet, and so many tweaks to make on behalf of everyone.  I have not promoted the forum at all, (other than on FishDuck articles) as I am spending the time trying to learn how to operate everything.  I am learning something new nearly every day--some of which is consequential.

But this is the perfect time to do it, as this is the traditional slow time for Oregon Sports News and for forum activity until Spring Football starts.

Would you ALL do me a Favor?

--Post new topics as this is a slow time and there is nothing worse than a dead forum; I know that the other forums are slower on a proportionate basis, but we are just beginning, thus the membership is still...a cozy group.

--Post responses with your thoughts to as many topics as possible; since there are not many--have some fun in conversation with this wonderful community!

--I am open to any and all suggestions; the other day it was suggested to post a link to ChileDuck's Depth Chart, and it is on my list for work tomorrow with the Forum Developer.  We are going to do it...

--I am biased, but I am having fun with the background pictures, and I hope you like them as much as I do.  The one up today of Franck Kepnang blocking a shot in the Colorado game the other night is pretty cool to me.  And you can only see the background pictures when you are on desktop or pad.  (Not on mobile phones)

I really wish to thank all of you with your patience with me at times, and THANKS so much for your kind thoughts.  When we add the FishDuck Feed each day....this is going to be a very fun place to find all that you need of everything DUCKS!

My thanks to you again,

Charles

• Thumbs Up 3

Mr. FishDuck

Thank you Charles, this has given all of us a way to stay connected with the Ducks and each other, and in a manner that promotes free thinking and conversation!

Thank you!!

Go Ducks!!

Charles, I thank you.  My wife thanks you, too, for getting me out of her hair every morning and evening when I come to this lovely place.  You're doing a great job of putting this shared-joy place together.  You're very much appreciated.  Respect!

Mud

What can I say, but please, everyone, encourage your Duck friends to check this place out! 

Nothing makes a developer happier than to see positive growth for his vision!

Thank you, Charles!

1 hour ago, Mudslide said:

shared-joy place together.

Such an apt description.  A shared passion...and so much fun.  Love you all...

Mr. FishDuck

1 hour ago, woundedknees said:

Nothing makes a developer happier than to see positive growth for his vision!

I chose this developer because he has worked on this software for a decade and knows it so incredibly well.  He is proud, and really wants to help us with a shared vision...and as it turns out--he is in Sheffield, England!

With the wonders of the present, we can have online meetings at 11:00 AM Pacific time and it is 7:00 PM for him, after dinner with the family and we can get a ton done.  For quick communication?  Whatsapp operates for text and phone calls on the cell phone like normal phone service and text messages.  Easy-peasy!

He does have a major project left and it will be interesting to see if he can create it ... and that is part of the entertainment of the journey.

Thanks for your kind thoughts, and that of everyone.

Charles

Mr. FishDuck

20 hours ago, David Marsh said:

In that regard you have probably save many relationships. 

You have no idea.

My wife is very grateful for this diversion, as she is not sports oriented and does not want to hear another Duck sports story!  

BTW....David you are a peach to work with, and wish that so many of the writers in the past were as committed as you.  We are fortunate to have a current team of savvy, experienced writers and editors that really get us pondering, and I'm delighted you decided to join our team in this last year.

Mr. FishDuck

You inspired me nogerO, thanks for everything you do Fish. Looking for a decent forum for awhile.

• Thanks 1

Much like the effort on the field, court and track, we all benefit from the achievements by the athletes when they put it on the line for our Ducks. Charles is our athlete, and his efforts allow us all to win, as he puts the Herculean effort out there and financial backing to get Fishduck online.  

A big thanks go out to the student athletes whose effort bring us joy, and a big thanks goes towards Charles who gives us this forum to discuss which furthers that joy. Without either of these pastimes our lives wouldn't be the same!

Oregon sports are know for innovating and leading other programs. Charles also is a leader in creating this fan forum. I hope we all realize just how special this is. Charles has created something truly unique and innovative. With gratitude I say you deserve recognition for what you have created, thank you! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Haywarduck said:

Much like the effort on the field, court and track, we all benefit from the achievements by the athletes when they put it on the line for our Ducks. Charles is our athlete, and his efforts allow us all to win, as he puts the Herculean effort out there and financial backing to get Fishduck online.  

A big thanks go out to the student athlete's whose effort bring us joy, and a big thanks goes towards Charles who gives us this forum to discuss which furthers that joy. Without either of these pastimes our lives' wouldn't be the same!

Oregon sports are know for innovating and leading other programs. Charles also is a leader in creating this fan forum. I hope we all realize just how special this is. Charles has created something truly unique and innovative. With gratitude I say you deserve recognition for what you have created, thank you! 

You are very generous, and I thank you so very much.  I would like to think that a ton more people would enjoy this community if they knew about it...

Mr. FishDuck