Southern Duck

Ducks land 4 star Landon Hullaby

This kid by all measures was a Texas lean but out of the blue... BAM!  He commits to Oregon!  He's a 6 foot 200 pound safety and you know we need them.  It appears that Yates our new Safety's coach might have his fingers all over this one.  Landon was offered by CAL and seems to have a relationship with Marcel.  It's a great 2022 gift early!  Texas seems miffed they missed out on him.  That's got to be a good thing for us.  

Landon Hullaby, 2022 four-star safety, commits to Oregon | RSN (nbcsports.com)

I hope this isn't a commitment to drive up his stock but I'm hopeful he is in fact solid to the Ducks...

It's a good get!  Go Ducks! 

Edited by Southern Duck

He is a 3-Star with Rivals, but as we know--that can certainly change by the end of the 2021 High School football season this next fall.

Image result for Landon Hullaby Oregon Twitter

Mr. FishDuck

Well so was Hill and I like what Jamal brings at any star level to our safety spot! 🏆

• Thumbs Up 1

I stand corrected.....  

Kevin Wade says   "ROD CHANCE" get's the trophy for this recruiting grab!  Chance is turning heads with his recruiting chops too...   

52 minutes ago, Southern Duck said:

Texas seems miffed they missed out on him.  That's got to be a good thing for us. 

The fact that Oregon is getting this kid out of Texas is HUGE. Oregon has dabbled in Texas under Cristobal but hasn't made any real splash there. Getting a foothold in Texas would be a major accomplishment.

19 minutes ago, Southern Duck said:

Kevin Wade says   "ROD CHANCE" get's the trophy for this recruiting grab!  Chance is turning heads with his recruiting chops too...   

I do think we will see Chance's impact more this coming recruiting cycle. So much of recruitment is about building relationships and coaches can really spend YEARS developing these relationships and a good portion of them don't amount of anything tangible. It was Chance who had an established relationship with Dickerson that really enabled Oregon to swoop in and land him.

This is not always the case as sometimes teams can build relationships quickly with recruits... but for the most part these things take time. I think Chance will have a real impact on recruitment and we are only just getting an idea as to the extent of his abilities.

Now, can he beat Donte Williams? We will have to wait and find out on that one... but if Oregon keeps winning Pac-12 Championships and beating USC that will certainly help.

The 2022 Recruiting rankings are off... It's going to take a while to start to see some separation. USC is out to a pretty hot start but Oregon is pretty close behind and Washington is making an early showing of it... The projections is that this will be a smaller recruiting class for Oregon so this year the real test will be quality over quantity.

So far... looks like quality.

Edited by David Marsh
  • Thumbs Up 1

It quite a bit different with Rivals.com analysis, and why I respect their ratings over the years along with their consistency.  Their ratings of our current 2022 commits is right here.

Image result for GRACEN HALTON Oregon twitter

Gracen Halton

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

21 hours ago, Southern Duck said:

Well so was Hill and I like what Jamal brings at any star level to our safety spot!

With you on this!

I think they're bringing him in to play the Nickel spot. He has CB technique and polish, Safety size and range, and come down in the Box and help out in run defense. 

Verone McKinley III instincts and polish with Jevon Holland athleticism.

• Thumbs Up 3

19 hours ago, ChicoDuck said:

I think they're bringing him in to play the Nickel spot. He has CB technique and polish, Safety size and range, and come down in the Box and help out in run defense. 

Verone McKinley III instincts and polish with Jevon Holland athleticism.

That's a ton to like Chico! 

3 hours ago, Southern Duck said:

That's a ton to like Chico! 

I wrote a little talent eval on him on the 247 site if you're a subscriber there.

The kid is very talented.